I own a plot in the outskirts of Chennai. The plot is an approved plot and everything looks good. Just recently, I noticed that one side of the boundaries have been wrongly noted in the deed. The dimensions and other particulars are correct.

What's the process to fix it? Does the land have to be re-registered? What's the approx. cost of the process?

Thanks.

S
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ssivs
    I own a plot in the outskirts of Chennai. The plot is an approved plot and everything looks good. Just recently, I noticed that one side of the boundaries have been wrongly noted in the deed. The dimensions and other particulars are correct.

What's the process to fix it? Does the land have to be re-registered? What's the approx. cost of the process?

Thanks.

S

if it is an approved plot then your schedule mentioning the number of the plot is sufficient as the approval plan will demarcate the boundaries. the small error will not dilute your title.any way if you want to rectify it then you have to get the seller execute a rectification deed at the SRO which will not cost much.but the seller should be willing
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    if it is an approved plot then your schedule mentioning the number of the plot is sufficient as the approval plan will demarcate the boundaries. the small error will not dilute your title.any way if you want to rectify it then you have to get the seller execute a rectification deed at the SRO which will not cost much.but the seller should be willing

Yes, it's an approved plot. For rectification deed.. do I have to pay the whole stamp fee . Thanks.. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • its not important

Originally Posted by ssivs
    Yes, it's an approved plot. For rectification deed.. do I have to pay the whole stamp fee . Thanks.

rectification deed if it does not change the survey no and plot no and the extent then it would entail a minimum fee.

if the subregistrar insists on full 8% then you can create a settlement deed in favour of your wife/son/daugther/father/mother name which would be 1% of value or a maximum of 10000/-(for any value)
    in the settlement deed rectify your error.

THE ERROR IS NOTHING TO WORRY YOUR TITLE IS GOOD EVEN WITH THE ERROR,i deal in properties,believe me it is not important.

rectification deed if it does not change the survey no and plot no and the extent then it would entail a minimum fee.

if the subregistrar insists on full 8% then you can create a settlement deed in favour of your wife/son/daugther/father/mother name which would be 1% of value or a maximum of 10000/-(for any value)

THE ERROR IS NOTHING TO WORRY YOUR TITLE IS GOOD EVEN WITH THE ERROR,i deal in properties,believe me it is not important.

CommentQuote
  • Thanks so much. It's a big relief.
    CommentQuote