I use to heard 2BHK flat at 20L OR 50L. I really dont understand how people measure the FLAT by calculating no of room. If some one say 2 BHK @ 16L they feel its very cheap.
But I believe that we should not consider the room instead we should look for the carpet area. How much SQFT you are exactly getting. A 2BHK flat can be made using 600SQFT and also using 1200SQFT carpet area.
Even in the case of rental too this above logic applies. I have seen broker saying that 2 BHK house. But eventually when you see the house the room size is not even 10*10SQFT.
EX: Now many builders are selling at low price but the fact is that they have reduce the Carpet area... So we cant say that they are selling cheap/discount.
Dont just think on this rethink...
Read more
Reply
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have got a good idea.

    Why can't everyone in India learn Tamil for public unity????:D :D :D

    Let doordarshan telecast only Tamil programmes

    Let the discussions in parliament happen in Tamil.

    Let all children in India study tamil as a cumpulsory language in schools.

    How does this make u feel??



    Originally Posted by arin_12
    This is just example that I gave to understand the Situation how TN Politicians wanna Keep All Poor Tamil people under dark. As you know your politicians gives TV to all poor to watch. If we don't know Hindi/English you will obviously watch Tamil Channel. And most of the Tamil Channel is run by the politicians. So ultimately they are earning money. And the TV was bought with the money of State Fund which again comes from Common Tax payer pocket. Basically Politician are trying to keep them as Backward.
    Its not only in TN all other state also Politicians are taking advantage by using Divide And Policy Rule.

    Hope this didnt hurt your sentiment.
    CommentQuote
  • I hope i am not trying to read in between ur words.

    So u r saying that by not teaching Hindi/English, tamil people are kept in dark because they can watch only tamil channels and not Hindi/English channels.

    For ur kind information, English in Tamilnadu is a lot better than any other state. U can survive in Tamilnadu just with English which u cant in many other states. So English channels are being watched as usual.

    I dont think by watching Hindi channels you will get the light.

    By not learning Hindi, Tamilnadu has never lagged behind in economic and educational growth, In fact TN grows faster than many Hindi speaking states.

    Originally Posted by arin_12
    This is just example that I gave to understand the Situation how TN Politicians wanna Keep All Poor Tamil people under dark. As you know your politicians gives TV to all poor to watch. If we don't know Hindi/English you will obviously watch Tamil Channel. And most of the Tamil Channel is run by the politicians. So ultimately they are earning money. And the TV was bought with the money of State Fund which again comes from Common Tax payer pocket. Basically Politician are trying to keep them as Backward.
    Its not only in TN all other state also Politicians are taking advantage by using Divide And Policy Rule.

    Hope this didnt hurt your sentiment.
    CommentQuote
  • Mr. Anthony, You are completely Brain washed by external activity. I cant make you understand. Its better we leave this point. I am not asking you to learn but for god shake dont do Anti-Campaign. Let people choose their own choice.

    For you Kind Information I stayed in Chennai for 3 months, I Had a though time on staying there though I know Hindi/English/Kannar/Bengali... My wife knows Tamil too still we had a tough time there. And if you feel that TN's are more progressive than come to Bangalore and see how many TN people are leaving here. Use your own Brain Mr. Anthony.
    CommentQuote
  • Ha Ha Ha!!! I am brainwashed??? It seems like u r trying to brainwash me.

    OK. Just because u should have a comfortable time in chennai, Tamils dont need to learn Hindi. They can obviously learn Hindi if they need to and no one prevents them. there is no anti compaign here. It should never be forced on us.
    It is a shame u think Bangalore is progressing well because people there speak Hindi!!

    Think man think!!!:D :D :D :D


    Originally Posted by arin_12
    Mr. Anthony, You are completely Brain washed by external activity. I cant make you understand. Its better we leave this point. I am not asking you to learn but for god shake dont do Anti-Campaign. Let people choose their own choice.

    For you Kind Information I stayed in Chennai for 3 months, I Had a though time on staying there though I know Hindi/English/Kannar/Bengali... My wife knows Tamil too still we had a tough time there. And if you feel that TN's are more progressive than come to Bangalore and see how many TN people are leaving here. Use your own Brain Mr. Anthony.
    CommentQuote
  • Again You are Wrong MR Antony / Prakash ?

    Originally Posted by antonyprakash
    Ha Ha Ha!!! I am brainwashed??? It seems like u r trying to brainwash me.
    OK. Just because u should have a comfortable time in chennai, Tamils dont need to learn Hindi. They can obviously learn Hindi if they need to and no one prevents them. there is no anti compaign here. It should never be forced on us.
    It is a shame u think Bangalore is progressing well because people there speak Hindi!!
    Think man think!!!:D :D :D :D

    I don't want to Brain wash you. Even I don't wanna touch Brains people like you who don't use there brain in the right direction.
    Its not only me to have a comfort level, it for those people who want to visit TN. As I told you My wife knows Tamil still we had to face lots of problem.
    Coming to Bangalore progress, Its again a different view. If you have so much of progress then why so many TN people are coming to Bangalore for Bread and Butter. If a person comes from TN to Bangalore he can still survive with out much difficulty becos Most Bangalore People talk Kannar as well as other language like (Tamil/Telegu...) But with out knowing Tamil in TN is real difficult. Even in Good hotels in ALL TV Channel are in Tamil. Out of 100 Channel you can find 10 other state channel. Hard to find even a English/Hindi news channel.
    CommentQuote
  • Ok gentleman. I can never make u understand because u r diverting the issue.

    The point i made was that Bangalore is not progressing just because it is multilingual and TN never lagged behind because of not speaking Hindi.

    I do like Bangalore for its multicultaral and vibant society. I am not against multicultural society but what i request u is to respect others sentiments and live in harmony. Don't expect others to follow something which u want.

    Good luck for ur next visit to chennai.:D :D :D :D :D




    Originally Posted by arin_12
    I don't want to Brain wash you. Even I don't wanna touch Brains people like you who don't use there brain in the right direction.
    Its not only me to have a comfort level, it for those people who want to visit TN. As I told you My wife knows Tamil still we had to face lots of problem.
    Coming to Bangalore progress, Its again a different view. If you have so much of progress then why so many TN people are coming to Bangalore for Bread and Butter. If a person comes from TN to Bangalore he can still survive with out much difficulty becos Most Bangalore People talk Kannar as well as other language like (Tamil/Telegu...) But with out knowing Tamil in TN is real difficult. Even in Good hotels in ALL TV Channel are in Tamil. Out of 100 Channel you can find 10 other state channel. Hard to find even a English/Hindi news channel.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by antonyprakash
    Ok gentleman. I can never make u understand because u r diverting the issue.

    The point i made was that Bangalore is not progressing just because it is multilingual and TN never lagged behind because of not speaking Hindi.

    I do like Bangalore for its multicultaral and vibant society. I am not against multicultural society but what i request u is to respect others sentiments and live in harmony. Don't expect others to follow something which u want.

    Good luck for ur next visit to chennai.

    I dont want to hurt any one in this forum. In fact I want Indian to be more educated, Sensible and responsible for his Country. I don't want how the politicians are enjoying there life by making Common man Fool. Another Ex of same kind of Divide and Rule policy of Raj Thakeray in MH. What he is doing ???
    I appreciate the Good Road Network of TN over KA. But at the same time I hate Crazyness of TN people on Film/Media/Actor/Actress.
    :D:D:D
    CommentQuote
  • Topic is how to measure the flat area/ carpet vs super built up area

    Originally Posted by arin_12
    Mr. Anthony, You are completely Brain washed by external activity. I cant make you understand. Its better we leave this point. I am not asking you to learn but for god shake dont do Anti-Campaign. Let people choose their own choice.

    For you Kind Information I stayed in Chennai for 3 months, I Had a though time on staying there though I know Hindi/English/Kannar/Bengali... My wife knows Tamil too still we had a tough time there. And if you feel that TN's are more progressive than come to Bangalore and see how many TN people are leaving here. Use your own Brain Mr. Anthony.


    Dear All, The subject has drifted away to Languages. Please come back to the original topic and express/share your valued comments/views/experiences which will benefit all the members.

    ks2071746:o
    CommentQuote
  • Calculation of built up to carpet area.

    Well the built area is the size of actual gross area of flat , where as carpet area is actual useable area. Suppose if the built area is 100 than carpet area should be minimum 80 i.e 20 %, and if you know only carpet area than built area is 25% more of carpet area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nikhilparmar1985
    Well the built area is the size of actual gross area of flat , where as carpet area is actual useable area. Suppose if the built area is 100 than carpet area should be minimum 80 i.e 20 %, and if you know only carpet area than built area is 25% more of carpet area.


    Dear nikhilparmar1985, I presume, by -actual gross area, you mean the -plinth area, including the walls thickness but excluding the common area- I feel, 80% is some what low. It should be atleast 88% if we consider the wall area at max. of 12%. More views please?

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Well, the rooms are built as the developer or owner of the property wioshes. He can bild it 10X10 or 20X30 or whatever it may be, as long as there are 4-walls around it, its called a room. So do not go by the number of rooms and do see the carpet area. Thats what counts. GOOD LUCK
    CommentQuote
  • Carpet area vs super built up area

    Dear all, Today I have checked up a large project at Maramalianagar from the web site of Ha....... Go........and the rate is Rs. 2950/sq. ft. which may come down if negotiated and this builder offers almost 77% to 79% of carpet area of the saleable area as I could calculate from their different plans of 3 bed flats. A reputed builder and the carpet area is almost 10% higher than what most builders give at about 70%. This in effect means a 10 % reduction in price by a higher carpet aea one gets. Further reductions can be based on one's ability to negotiate. However the location is a little away from the main city centre.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by metroplots
    Well, the rooms are built as the developer or owner of the property wioshes. He can bild it 10X10 or 20X30 or whatever it may be, as long as there are 4-walls around it, its called a room. So do not go by the number of rooms and do see the carpet area. Thats what counts. GOOD LUCK

    This is a typical marketing strategy. They tells 2-3 bedroom flat @ XYZ Laks. And customer also tune the song in same tone. Customer does not understand the different between 100/1000 SQFT. What a IDIOTIC view.
    CommentQuote
  • carpet area vs charges area

    Originally Posted by metroplots
    Well, the rooms are built as the developer or owner of the property wioshes. He can bild it 10X10 or 20X30 or whatever it may be, as long as there are 4-walls around it, its called a room. So do not go by the number of rooms and do see the carpet area. Thats what counts. GOOD LUCK


    Dear metroplots,

    Definitely the number of rooms matter for any family. Some may like large rooms and more may be content with even 10x10 ft. rooms because it gives privacy to the people. The room should not be too small say 8x8 or 8x9 ft. etc. It is better that upto 900 sq. ft. one can look for 2 bed, 2 toilet flats, For 1000 sq. ft and above one can look for 3 bed, 3 toilet flats. Over 1750 sq. ft. one can look at 4 bed, 4 toilet flats. It is preferable that equal number of toilets as the number of bed rooms are thought of.
    In the case of 1000 sq. ft. flats, 3 bed, one can go in for 2 shelves say 1 to 1.25 ft. depth, 2.5 ft. wide rather than one large 4 ft. wide one. Better to go for cudappa good finish slabs rather than cement slabs. Depending on the fund availability, one can go in for wooden doors or PVC doors for the shelves. Please insist on PVC doors for the toilet doors. Go for additional electrical points and AC provision ( plug point and window modn. in case of window AC. Though one may not put the AC soon after the possession, these can be useful any time later. Put 15 Amps plug in Kitchen, in all bed rooms, dining hall, living room etc. at the time of construction itself. In todays, frequent power cut situation, one can opt to put a 200 litre storage tank in kitchen at a level below roof as well as atleast in one toilet. Of course, these also can be done by the owner a little later, but better to do on taking the possession. These are based on my experience in living in different flats for over 30 years.

    ks2071746;)
    CommentQuote
  • Ìóçûêà íà óòðî

    Äîáðîãî âðåìåíè ñóòîê!Ðàçäåë ýòîò çäåñü î÷åíü êñòàòè. Íàäåþñü, ÷òî äàííîå ñîîáùåíèå çäåñü ê ìåñòó. =http://tripstory.ru]Ýòî ìîé íîâûé ïðîåêò - òóò áóäåò âûêëàäûâàòüñÿ ñàìàÿ èíòåðåñíàÿ ìóçûêà äëÿ âå÷åðíåãî è óòðåííåãî âðåìÿïðåïðîâîæäåíèÿ. ß ïðåäïîëàãàþ îðèåííòèðîâàòüñÿ ïðè âûáîðå ëèøü íà ñâîé âêóñ. Íèêàêèõ èíûõ êðèòåðèåâ äëÿ âûêëàäûâàåìîé òóò ìóçûêè íå áóäåò. ×òî-òî ïî-ìîåìó ìíåíèþ áîëüøå ïîäõîäèò äëÿ óòðåííåãî ïðîñëóøèâàíèÿ. ×òî-òî - äëÿ âå÷åðíåãî.Íàäåþñü, ÷òî ó÷àñòíèêè äàííîãî ñàéòà îòûùóò äëÿ ñåáÿ ÷òî-òî äîñòîéíîå âíèìàíèÿ.Óâèäèìñÿ íà ñàéòå!ß ïðåäïîëàãàþ îðèåííòèðîâàòüñÿ ïðè âûáîðå ëèøü íà ñâîé âêóñ. Íèêàêèõ èíûõ êðèòåðèåâ äëÿ âûêëàäûâàåìîé òóò ìóçûêè íå áóäåò. ×òî-òî ïî-ìîåìó ìíåíèþ áîëüøå ïîäõîäèò äëÿ óòðåííåãî ïðîñëóøèâàíèÿ. ×òî-òî - äëÿ âå÷åðíåãî.Íàäåþñü, ÷òî ó÷àñòíèêè äàííîãî ñàéòà îòûùóò äëÿ ñåáÿ ÷òî-òî äîñòîéíîå âíèìàíèÿ.Óâèäèìñÿ íà ñàéòå!
    CommentQuote