Hi!

I am proposing to buy a plot of land on Khopoli Pali road, with some construction on it. The plot is in the centre of a small village, so it is said to be in "gavthan".

While doing the existing construction on the plot........the seller had got the plan passed from the Gram panchayat and not from the collector. Now we wish to buy this plot and do additional construction. Who is the competent authority whom we may approach to get the plan for additional work passed?

a) Gram Panchayat, which has passed the plan for existing construction, or
b) The collector

We will appreciate guidance from experienced members. Thanks in advance.

leenayd
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by leenayd
    Hi!

I am proposing to buy a plot of land on Khopoli Pali road, with some construction on it. The plot is in the centre of a small village, so it is said to be in "gavthan".

While doing the existing construction on the plot........the seller had got the plan passed from the Gram panchayat and not from the collector. Now we wish to buy this plot and do additional construction. Who is the competent authority whom we may approach to get the plan for additional work passed?

b) The collector

leenayd

the local body is the competent authority and if it requires any clearance from other bodies (like CMDA in chennai) it will route it and advice you suitably.but i am sure the collector has no role in approvals of residences and private establishments
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by leenayd
    Hi!

b) The collector

leenayd

Han ,
    the approval from the gram panchayat is not a authentic aprovel ,
    i think you must check with khalapur,tahesil office if you can do additional construction.
    CommentQuote