Brokerage Issues

Last updated: July 22 2012
4 | Posts
974 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brokerage Issues

I had recently advertised my property in Gurgaon on several websites and in a newspaper. A broker contacted me saying he had a client who wanted to see my property. He is now demanding brokerage from me (the seller) as well as from the buyer. The buyer is going to be handling all the documentation himself so the broker's role has only been to introduce us.

I would be grateful for clarification on whether or not I as the seller am also responsible for paying the broker who approached me rather than the other way around since I have had no previous contact with him. I would like to do the right thing but I also do not want to be exploited.

Thanks.

Re : Brokerage Issues

Brokers can demand the moon . What u pay or don't pay depends on your negotiating skills . There r no hard & fast rules here .
    Last edited July 19 2012, 03:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

I think you pay with some negotiations. How do you know who is buyer? A broker bring you both in the deal.

Comment

It's a norm that broker gets a commission - after all he found you a buyer. Generally it is 1% each from both sides unless it's a very large deal; (say 2cr types), where it can even be 0.5%. And of course you can negotiate,

However, you can also decide what's the nett price you want in hand and let the broker earn his commission over and above that

Comment

Thanks to all for your comments and advice!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X