Last updated: March 18 2009
3 | Posts
1285 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Tricks/Frauds pulled by RE Agents and Realtors

Hi,
    Can you all share your ideas regarding the kind of tricks and frauds that a seller/agent/developer can pull on an unaware buyer? The RE business is rife is underhanded tactics and unethical stunts that have hurt a lot of buyers, sometimes robbing them of their life savings.

So, please come forth with various examples. If we can get some kind of a master-list of 'what to watch out for' while buying real estate, it would be a helpful guide to any would-be buyers out there.

Also:
    1. Should one hire a lawyer to investigate and confirm the title etc is clear? How effective is hiring a lawyer in ensuring that the buyer doesn't get subjected to any dirty tricks?

2. Do we have anything akin to a title insurance in India that a potential buyer can avail of?

Re : Possible Tricks/Frauds pulled by RE Agents and Realtors

I have posted a blog named builder tricks in Real Estate Discussion forum Heading.

I suppose it may help you.
    udayan.giri
    trustedproperty

Comment

if it's a resale purchase case one may go for title search thru a lawyer and also try to get the certified copy of sale deed from registrar office.a certified valuer's certificate is also helpful to get the fair market vale.

Comment

Originally posted by udayan.giri View Post
        I have posted a blog named builder tricks in Real Estate Discussion forum Heading.

I suppose it may help you.
        Thanks. I tried searching for it after reading your response but couldn't get it. Can you please post the link here?

I would truly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X