Hello all,
Am thinking of buying some residential land. But my point of concern is regarding the impacts of buying such a property very close to a salt factory. I know for sure that the water is salty. But what are the long term effects of buildings, gardens and trees if property is brought near such a factory?
Are there any geologists or ppl with knowledge on this, who can shed some light?
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by arulprakash
    Hello all,
    Am thinking of buying some residential land. But my point of concern is regarding the impacts of buying such a property very close to a salt factory. I know for sure that the water is salty. But what are the long term effects of buildings, gardens and trees if property is brought near such a factory?
    Are there any geologists or ppl with knowledge on this, who can shed some light?

buying close to any factory means disturbance.

rgd your ?
    buildings: you would need to use anti corrision steel and some special additives.nothing to be afraid of.people do build on the coast.

gardens and trees.: again there are umpteen no of resorts on the beach front with well maintained gardens. and havent you seen movies with exotic islands and great vegetation.
    BTW i dont have any geological expertise.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks NewBoy.
    U struck the right chord.

I wanted to know if the nature of the water near a beach is the same as one near a salt factory.
      Will the concentration of salt increase or decrease for this reason.
      And if the nature of the salt near such salt manufacturing drying pans is the same as ones close to the beach.

And how the answers for the above affect plant growth or building quality.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arulprakash
    Thanks NewBoy.
    U struck the right chord.

I wanted to know if the nature of the water near a beach is the same as one near a salt factory.
      Will the concentration of salt increase or decrease for this reason.
      And if the nature of the salt near such salt manufacturing drying pans is the same as ones close to the beach.

if the factory can withstand so can your house,
      from your interest i gather that there is habitation nearby,the locals would be the best people to guide you rgd specifics of that area.
      i have noticed one thing on the marina in chennai(years back before bottled water) people used to dig a big hole in the sand and sell the water seeping in it .it was drinkable.i wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it.
      the point is the local farmer and mason there would be able to help.

from your interest i gather that there is habitation nearby,the locals would be the best people to guide you rgd specifics of that area.
      i have noticed one thing on the marina in chennai(years back before bottled water) people used to dig a big hole in the sand and sell the water seeping in it .it was drinkable.i wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it.

CommentQuote