I bought a duplex house for 50Lacs(plot+construction) in a gated community. The house is constructed upto 70%.

Plot Cost= Rs. 9,33,000
Construction Cost =Rs. 40,67,000

Now the issues i've on mind are like this:

The builder at the time of discussions told that he will get the house
registered as semiconstructed, but I still will be paying the registration charges for full value at govt rate, despite it being a semiconstructed house. Govt Rates are Rs.580/sq.ft and Rs.3000/sq.yd.

The house specifics are:

Constructed Area/Plinth Area=2244 SqFt.
Plot Area=311 SqYds.

So registration on (ConstructionCost+PlotCost) at 9.5% will be :

ConstructionCost+PlotCost==22,34,520

9.5%*(2234520)=2,12,279/- (Semiconstructed House, but Regn. at Full Value)

9.5%*(9,33,000)=88,635/- (Only Plot Registration)

Now lately, he is saying that he will help me save money by getting only the plot registered as it would save me Rs.1,23,644
on this component(Construction Cost) alone, as I would not be paying for it. I'm really confused as how it can be done? So I asked him and he said, he would manage at the registration department(Registrars Office). Why is he recommending this favour, contradicting his own statement from the earlier discussions. I'm not really concerned about saving the 1.2Lacs amount, as i'm spending so much for the house, I can afford to be spend this amount(1.2Lacs) too. Moreover its going to be legally straight if I do so. So what basically he is suggesting is that I bought a plot and registered it and at a later point of time got a house constructed.

Now my concerns are:

1. What implications can this have in the future, by registering only plot and not house?

2. What are the legal and monetary implications, in doing only land registration? And not whole house registration, despite paying registration charges as per govt rates yet under the title semiconstructed house?

3. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to me(buyer)?

4. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to the builder.why is the builder pushing us to register for land registration.why is the builder recommending for complete house registration at govt value but again giving the title of semi constructed house??

5. Will I have any problems cropping up in future, when I register for a plot and later construct a house.

6. If I want to sell the house in the future, then will I be able to do so? since i've registered only for plot?

7. In a normal scenario, say I buy a plot and register it. Down the line I decide to construct a house and do so. Then do I need to register the house ??? Or is there anyother option to do or not? Or to put simply, is there no need to register once again the house, as the plot is already registered? Is there any difference of amount that I need to pay to the registration department or notify the registration dept that I constructed a house?

Thanks,Sai.

1. What implications can this have in the future, by registering only plot and not house?

2. What are the legal and monetary implications, in doing only land registration? And not whole house registration, despite paying registration charges as per govt rates yet under the title semiconstructed house?

3. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to me(buyer)?

4. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to the builder.why is the builder pushing us to register for land registration.why is the builder recommending for complete house registration at govt value but again giving the title of semi constructed house??

5. Will I have any problems cropping up in future, when I register for a plot and later construct a house.

6. If I want to sell the house in the future, then will I be able to do so? since i've registered only for plot?

7. In a normal scenario, say I buy a plot and register it. Down the line I decide to construct a house and do so. Then do I need to register the house ??? Or is there anyother option to do or not? Or to put simply, is there no need to register once again the house, as the plot is already registered? Is there any difference of amount that I need to pay to the registration department or notify the registration dept that I constructed a house?

Thanks,Sai.
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have a very similar situation to Sai's.
    Sai, Did you get your query answered?

Rg,
    Prakash
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prakash_rama
    I have a very similar situation to Sai's.
    Sai, Did you get your query answered?

Rg,
    Prakash

most of the apartments even ready to occupy ones have only the UDS registered and it is perfectly alright.
    in case of demarcated plots (not UDS) you will have to register as vacant plot and (registrar will allow for a fee). there is no problem as long as you have the construction agreement showiing new construction and conclude the deal in reasonable time after regst.this is the practical view.
    ethically speaking you are evading stamp duty and are liable to be booked under the same which is a criminal offence.
    CommentQuote