Last updated: April 20 2009
4 | Posts
903 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts - Please suggest!

Hi experts,

My friend recently has bought a house and registered in Bangalore. Unfortunately a mistake has crept in the document related to the property address. To be precise, in place of "8th Cross", it is mentioned as "9th Cross". However, the house number, survey number etc are all correct. He wants to get that corrected if it is such a big problem. Firstly, how big a problem is this? Should he really worry?

In case he needs to get this corrected, does he require the help of the vendor he has purchased the house from?. The problem is that, he is not having good relationship with the vendor.

Please, can you suggest?

Regards,
    Ramraj

Re : Experts - Please suggest!

well, I am not a legal expert but then also what I suggest you to get it corrected and you don't require the vendor for this purpose as its a clerical error as the vendor is not the bonafide owner of property no. (wrongly) mentioned in the sale deed.

Regards.

Comment

Dear friend,

I don't think it will be a major cause for worry. In as much as the survey number and the 3 sides surrounding plot details are mentioned in the registration document, it may not matter much if the street number is mentioned erraneously as 9th instead of 8th.

ks2071746

Comment

Originally posted by ramraj View Post
        Hi experts,

My friend recently has bought a house and registered in Bangalore. Unfortunately a mistake has crept in the document related to the property address. To be precise, in place of "8th Cross", it is mentioned as "9th Cross". However, the house number, survey number etc are all correct. He wants to get that corrected if it is such a big problem. Firstly, how big a problem is this? Should he really worry?

In case he needs to get this corrected, does he require the help of the vendor he has purchased the house from?. The problem is that, he is not having good relationship with the vendor.

Please, can you suggest?

Regards,
        Ramraj
        this is a serious error and should be rectified the primary address is wrong the same survey number may face both streets and therefore cannot be taken as a conclusive proof.many times a large extent is made into plots and will have the same survey numbers. a error in the boundries (any one ) is not serious but the error in street name will give rise to problems in sale,and loans.
        talk to the SRO and have it rectified in association with the seller.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X