I am a concerned investor in a major township development in Khalapur district off Mumbai-Pune Highway.
The builder, in common with most Indian developers, obstinately maintains a veil of secrecy over the Approval Plan number and full details, despite a crescendo of complaints by investors who have been duped into waiting and possibly a poor/ late delivery if ever it happens.

There is a new Indian Statute that empowers the public and in particular, proven stakeholders such as investors, to request approval reference documents and details from the Local Authorities and Government Offices under the Freedom of Information Act 2006.

Please can someone advise me how I should go about making such enquiry?
Should I write to Collectorate at Alibaugh?

I will be grateful for authoritative and reliable advice as I shall be following this up from overseas.
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You can approach PIO of the local land authority of the area where the construction is going on. From there you need to fill up a form, stating what are the documents/information you need, why u need those information and submit the paper with the prescribed fee.