Which is the best city to invest in real estate in India to make some good money? I am trying to locate and list the areas in India which are good for investment and are coming up as attraction for Indian realtors. Any one with any point of view are welcome to post your preference. Its just perspective that matters :)
Read more
28 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Good Investment Destinations...

Hi Dewakar,

I am a Realtor based in Andheri (W), Mumbai.

I had recently visited Nagpur in reference to a inspection of a couple of Plots, and to my view, it would be one of the most advisable place to enter now as far as land acquisition is concerned.

MIHAN, which is the Cargo project coming up in the vicinity of the Airport along with SEZ's and IT and Hotels seems to be a very promising project and much awaited for booming India's Air Cargo requirement. Work is progressing very fast there.

I believe Chandrashekhar was in charge of the Municipal Corporation in Nagpur for a few years and hence the Infrastructure is clearly visible and better than what you can see in other Tier II & Tier III cities in Maharashtra.

Other good options are Nasik and Ghazibad.

Best regards,
    Dhiraj Mandal
    CommentQuote
  • welcome to the forum dheeraj

Nice to see u here dheeraj
    Look forward to more of ur contributions here
    Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Dhiraj,

Very useful information.
    Even i am planning to invest in some residential property but can't decide which city to choose?

Can you please tell me that what are the existing rates in nagpur for a residential apartment?

what are the best areas in nagpur to invest for short term and what procedure should i follow?

how much appreciation do u see there in coming year?

Thanks in advance!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Deewakar,
    We can understand its always a big question where to invest. There are just few basic things to take care of primarily.
    First ,is it a short term investment or...?
    If the area/ city/ location we have shortlisted is new born or grown up?
    Budget ?
    Which city you are living right now?

and few more things...

Staying in kashmir one can not think of (rather should not)investing in kanyakumari.

You need to discuss your specific need, budget etc before any one could advice you on this issue.

Malvinder
    (Chandigarh)
    CommentQuote
  • Best place..in my opinion ... Faridabad

Dewakar

Based upon my personal opinion, I think Faridabd is the best and only way to go in the NCR (National Capital Region) if you are really willing to get the best out of your investment. I am based in US and am working as a S.W professional and have plans to settle down in India soon. I did substantial research and finally ended up investing in Status Expandable Villa in Sector 49, Faridabad in 2005. The prices have extremely gone up since then and am very happy and satisfied with the choice I made. Especially, as the city continues to develop with all the upcomming malls and other places of commercial interests, the prices are bound to go up a lot more. So my piece of advice for your peace of mind is FARIDABAD.

By investing in Faridabad, you can easily double-tripple your investments over the period of time. Especially with the common wealth game comming up in 2010. Atleast that is what I have been experiencing. I made my investment around the end of 2005 and started to see the results in the begining of 2006 and the trend has continued since then, as Faridabad continues to grow and develop.

That's my 2 cents of suggestion.

God Bless!!!!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Real Estate In Coimbatore Tamilnadu

Coimbatore is one of the Investment destination in Real Estate. Today DrAbdul Kalam and Chief Minister Sri.M,Karunanidhi are in Coimbatore to inaugurate the New Tidal Park Scheme. Already WIPRO, SATYAM other companies acquires land in and around coimbatore City.
    CommentQuote
  • Need some info on Coimbatore real estate market

Hi Rasiappan or anyone from Coimbatore..

I am intereted in buying a property in CBE and what would be the decent neighbourhoods and the current market rate info would be required.

I was told about Kovaipudur.. how good is it? please provide some info for me to consider CBE.

Thanx,
    Priya.
    CommentQuote
  • best city real estate

Originally Posted by dewakar
    Which is the best city to invest in real estate in India to make some good money? I am trying to locate and list the areas in India which are good for investment and are coming up as attraction for Indian realtors. Any one with any point of view are welcome to post your preference. Its just perspective that matters :)

The best City to invest in real estate is Kochi, Kakkanad (Dubai Internet City, Vallrpadam Container Transhipment Terminal ...... ... )
    CommentQuote
  • Thinking of noida gurgaon and ghaziabad would not result good. next option in NCR is faridabad and possibly in the newer locations that are not developed as faridabad is the industrial hub and land is real scarce.
    CommentQuote
  • Dhiraj,
    Are you updated witht eh progress of Shara City homes & what is your outlook for the kind of returns projected from this venture?
    regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Dewakar,

i think Nasik has a lot of potential to grow very fast in the coming years.I purchased a flat here a yr and a half back and it has appreciated a lot in this period. This city has a thriving industrial area which has been in existance for a long time. There is a SEZ that is to come up on the outskirts at Sinnar industrial area I believe. There are a large number of ggod educational facilities and the climate there is very good. Its in close vicinity to Bombay. All this I believe are factors in favour of the city and I recomend it as an investment destination.
    Regards,
    Kartik
    CommentQuote
  • best city to invest

hi,

Buying property is very much different from investing in shares or debentures. Property is physical after buying u will have to maintain it, pay taxes and other charges, a properly maintained property only gives good return and when u will decide to sell it the property has to be shown to various purchasers because any one investing in a property will want to inspect it so for all this u will have to be physically present or u will have to make some do all the activity on u r behalf.

There is no property exchange like stock exchange where u can buy or sell sitting in d comforts of ur home any where in world.So its not important which city u should invest in but rather think where its possible for me to invest keeping all d factors in mind.

Hope this helps u,

Good day

vinod
    CommentQuote
  • funtoosh,

100% agreed!!!!

As the home loan rate of interests are bound to go down soon, I am sure there will be even more demand and prices in Faridabad will once again go skyrocket high.

Infact sector 49 appears to be one of the most posh and upcomming area in the city.

Raashi Chopra

Originally Posted by funtoosh
    Thinking of noida gurgaon and ghaziabad would not result good. next option in NCR is faridabad and possibly in the newer locations that are not developed as faridabad is the industrial hub and land is real scarce.
    CommentQuote
  • Re:Which is the best city to invest in real estate in India?

Hi all,
    India is being acknowledged as the one of the fastest growing economies in the world and in this current economic scenario, real estate has emerged as one of the most appealing investment areas for domestic as well as foreign investors.Its very difficult for one to decide where to invest in India.I have given few of my inputs below:
    Over a long period of time Noida has amazed everyone around the neighborhood to look at this place with flabbergasted expressions. Truly, since 1976 the Noida authority has left no stone unturned and let the entire nation look at it with spectacled eyes. But things have moved on and today it is Greater Noida which has changed. Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) falls within the National Capital Region (NCR) of India’s capital,New Delhi, and is adjacent to Noida, one of the largest industrial townships in Asia. It conceptualises the needs of a fast developing city of the future.

Better known for its annual Suraj Kund Mela and perhaps the Badhkal Lake, Faridabad chose to step aside .Content with its status as an industrial and residential satellite town for those who could not afford Delhi land rates,

Faridabad made no attempt to woo the IT and MNC s setting up base in its neighborhood.

Nagpur is presently booming in terms of Real Estate and is expected to escalate further with the advent of various IT companies and flow of Foreign Direct Investment in huge amounts. With the entrance of the large number of IT companies into the city, the Real Estate prices of both commercial and capital values are likely to rise high.
    CommentQuote
  • Consider Trivandrum

ABOUT Thiruvananthapuram
    A beautiful seaside city built on seven hills, it is the capital of India's most literate and socially developed state. It is also a strategically important city of Southern India.

What's happening there?
    The real estate market is primarily driven by the IT/ITES sector. Traditional houses with long, steep sloping roofs are now giving way to high rise apartments. Prime residential areas of Kowdiar Chowk, Jawahar Nagar, Velayambalam, Sasthamangalam and Medical College Road have many projects under construction. Most of these projects are redevelopments of existing bungalows into multi storied apartments. Expansive residential complexes are also mushrooming on Kovalam-Kazhakuttam bypass to meet the increasing demand generated by new jobs at Technopark.

Knight Frank research estimates that 4 million square feet of residential space will enter the Thiruvananthapuram market by end of 2009 or 2010. A bulk of this supply is concentrated on the Kovalam-Kazhakuttam bypass, in the vicinity on the Technopark.

Major developments in the city are
    i. Heera Group
    ii. SFS Group
    iii. SI Property
    iv. Skyline Builders
    v. Technopark has already acquired large acres of land and will involve a mix use of IT, biotechnology, nanotechnology, commercial and residential development spread over 500 acres of land.
    vi. Condor Group is coming up with Fortuna, a 200,000 square feet mall, on NH-47 which will house a six screen multiplex. vii. Artech Group is also coming up with Kalpana Heights near the Pattom Junction which will have the second outlet of Big Bazaar in the city.
    viii. Also Plaza Centres, a subsidiary of an Israel based company has acquired about 10 acres of land near Technopark and has planned a mall, office complex, hotel and an apartment hotel totaling to approximately 2.1 million square feet of built-up space.

U can read more of this article on the property section of wealth- moneycontrol...

The link is Click here
    CommentQuote