Which is the best city to invest in real estate in India to make some good money? I am trying to locate and list the areas in India which are good for investment and are coming up as attraction for Indian realtors. Any one with any point of view are welcome to post your preference. Its just perspective that matters :)
Read more
28 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Virar - Dahanu

What you guys think about property between virar - dahanu road?
    How expensive is the land there?

Thanks,
    AN

Originally Posted by PuneRental
    Navi Mumbai will give the best return on investment in a time frame of 5 yrs ( by 2013).

Dream of turning Mumbai into Sanghai will see all development in this part of Mumbai.

Also keep track of Pen City neighborhoods ( Panvel - Goa highway).
    CommentQuote
  • Chennai - A good investment option

Chennai the fourth largest metropolitan city in India is a major trade centre, well linked by road, rail and air to important cities besides being a seaport. Dubbed once as a sleepy and slow-paced city for long, it is today abuzz with activity in business, industry, entertainment and leisure.Big names like Ford, Hyundai, Hindustan Motors, TVS, Ashok Leyland, MRF, etc.opted for the city. Recently, BMW has opted for the city to set up a car assembly plant at the Mahindra City and Hyundai has decided to put up a second plant near its existing facility on the outskirts of the city.Leather, biotechnology, floriculture, horticulture and construction industry are the potential growth areas in the state in future with IT industry.Chennai has traditionally been the hub of economic, geographic and political activities of south India. Its economy is well balanced with the info-tech , entertainment, industrial and other service establishments playing equal role in city's growth. Unlike other metros, there was no significant steep rise and fall of the real estate market in the post liberalization era in Chennai. This was due to the fact, that not many multinational companies had chosen Chennai to start their operations. It can be attributed to the large floating stock available in the market during this period.Chennai has several inherent advantages for real estate development, availability of skilled manpower, better infrastructure and cosmopolitan outlook. The all-round development has excited many national & international real estate developers to enter the Chennai property sector. There has been upsurge in demand for residential apartments and property. The spillover effect is felt in suburbs as well with developers focusing more areas for residential property development. Chennai is rapidly growing towards the southern and western quadrants.
    CommentQuote
  • Returns for properties in Malwani, Malad and Amrut Nagar Jogeshwari (W), Mumbai

Hi gals & guys,

There has been a steady increase in rates since 2004 in these areas. Can somebody please tell me if the prices will continue to increase in these areas or has it started to fall already.

A 10 lacs flat in 2004 was sold for 25 lacs in 2008 in Amrut Nagar, Jogeshwari (W).

A 30 lacs flat in 2007 was sold for 43 lacs in 2008 in Malwani, Malad (W).

In the long run will these properties will see profits if so in how many years.

Thanks and kind regards,
    :) Akazi
    CommentQuote
  • faridabad is the most stupid place i have found.
    Dont think just becoz it is near to delhi, u can get ur money mulitplied in faridabad.

It is no where comparable to noida or gurgaon.

The realty market of faridabad neher paar area are totally dump.
    resellers are selling at 1400-1450 psf.

wait for 6 more months and u will see a state of panic.
    there is no development in fariabad. the badarpur flyover is approved from the last 10 yrs but never made.

All talks of FNG highway linking faridabad to noida are also crap.
    UP govt has already said they are not interested in this project.
    Also this is a matter between 2 states. these matters dont get resolved so easily in India. and the bridge needs to be constructed over river which is not a simple issue.

All hype of Faridabad is gone now.
    CommentQuote
  • The best place to invest in INDIA is Noida. You will get more increments in this city than any other. Another thing is its not the right time to invest into the reality sector as there are more bad time to come for this sector..these are the predictions by the the expert person in the market..
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

I agree with your comments on Faridabad.
    Regarding investment, Bangalore and Chennai are good places. However, this is not the time to invest. Better to wait for atleast another 6 months time to get the best rates and then invest. Investment should be out of available cash with one and not with a high loan content. One can go for high loan contnet say of 75% or so only in case he is in dire need of a flat or house for own use and not for rental purposes.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Think out of the box.

Originally Posted by dewakar
    Which is the best city to invest in real estate in India to make some good money? I am trying to locate and list the areas in India which are good for investment and are coming up as attraction for Indian realtors. Any one with any point of view are welcome to post your preference. Its just perspective that matters :)

Think out of the box.

Mumbai may be worst place in India to invest in real estate as it is already at bubble peak. The financial services which drives mumbai real estate may take years to recover. Even after mumbai's financial services recovers there will be inflation (not the published inflation).

I would go for unglamorous places never covered by English media and have historically been some of the richest places in the country since ancient times.

For example, I would say coastal Andhra Pradesh like Vijayawada (Krishna district), Guntur, East & West Godavari, Nellore districts are best places to invest in India's real estate. Cities in Punjab like Amritser, Bhatinda, Jalandhar are best places to invest in real estate.

During the 16th & 17th century Lahore located in indus valley in Punjab (unfortunately its in Pakistan today) was the richest city in the world.
    CommentQuote
  • good places to invest in maharashtra

Dear friends,
    I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of kolhapur as a investment destination
    CommentQuote
  • if you are a farmer / sugar mill owner / political leader - great place
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dewakar

What do you guys think about Sangli? I hear there is a IT Park coming up in Kolhapur which is close to sangli? Do you think its worth investing there and how much appreciation can we expect?
    CommentQuote
  • Mumbai real estate

Dear all,

I'm planning to buy a small flat in Mumbai. Guys help to find a good location, project, rates, etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Is Indore the sleeping giant of real estate ready to rise

Hi Guys,

What's your thought on Indore as real estate destination? It's already known as the commercial capital of central India? Detroit of India for its huge auto industry. Load's of multi million dollar FDI projects?

Experts please shed some light
    CommentQuote
  • What about Lucknow?

Any thougths about Lucknow?
    Please share
    CommentQuote