I would like to construct 1st floor of my home in Gurgaon.The area is 900 square feet.It would be 2 BHK and bathrooms and balcony.If anyone can give me the rough estimate along with labour cost,it wouild be great helpful.The location is New Palam Vihar
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • should not be more than 3 to 5 lakhs depending upon the type of material used.
    CommentQuote
  • Mr Amit,

Why do you offer rudiculous prices for everything in this forum. Rs3-5Lakh implies 300-400Rs sqft. That will probably be just the boundary wall and foundation if you are lucky. What are your qualifications to be making this estimate. You also claim low prices for many developer properties like Jaypee Classic but when it is asked where those prices can be had from you do not reply.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chiragw
    Mr Amit,

Why do you offer rudiculous prices for everything in this forum. Rs3-5Lakh implies 300-400Rs sqft. That will probably be just the boundary wall and foundation if you are lucky. What are your qualifications to be making this estimate. You also claim low prices for many developer properties like Jaypee Classic but when it is asked where those prices can be had from you do not reply.

Please read the original post first before making any personal attacks.
    The person already has a house. The ground floor is already there. He just needs to build the 1st floor over it.

Here are the broken down estimates (includes labor and materials) :
    1. 1st floor flooring: Rs75/ sq ft (includes vitrified tiles, cement, sand, grout, labour)
    2. 1st floor ceiling (top lenter + pillars): Rs 80/sqft
    3. Walls: Rs 70/sqft (approx based on floor area + height of 9ft)
    4. bathrooms and fittings: Rs 50000 - 75000
    5. Wiring, electricals etc: Rs 30000 - 40000
    6. Miscellaneous: Rs 50000 - 90000 (kitcher counters, doors, window grills etc)

Do the maths now...
    CommentQuote
  • i agree to ur calculation....thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Indra 77*
    The basic construction cost is around Rs 1000 a sft today for ground floor and about Rs 900 for first floor - this is assuming no teakwood and plenty of space all round the building to store materials -else price goes up!
    I am a civil engg. in the trade for 25+ years and let me tell u of the hidden costs of a first floor construction -
    1. U will need to paint the entire ground floor outside of the building once u finish the first floor
    2. As u will be removing the weathering course over the roof - u could expect leaks and wet patches and this will ruin ur paint work in ground floor - so u will end up painting the inside as well !
    3. Plumbing and electrical costs could get out of hand if not already planned for when the ground floor was being built!
    4. Ur entire compound will be a mess by the time u finish - meaning more cost.

Given all of the above Rs 900 is very optimistic - just talk to any one who has just finished building recently.
    Depressing as it sounds - ur upstairs will end up looking and feeling better than ur ground fl. after u finish - new and better materials of today the reason

I'd love to see some responses to this cost estimation!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit_2009
    Please read the original post first before making any personal attacks.
    The person already has a house. The ground floor is already there. He just needs to build the 1st floor over it.

Here are the broken down estimates (includes labor and materials) :
    1. 1st floor flooring: Rs75/ sq ft (includes vitrified tiles, cement, sand, grout, labour)
    2. 1st floor ceiling (top lenter + pillars): Rs 80/sqft
    3. Walls: Rs 70/sqft (approx based on floor area + height of 9ft)
    4. bathrooms and fittings: Rs 50000 - 75000
    5. Wiring, electricals etc: Rs 30000 - 40000
    6. Miscellaneous: Rs 50000 - 90000 (kitcher counters, doors, window grills etc)

Do the maths now...

HI,

I had recently (oct) constructed a house on the second floor of my existing house, labor itself cost me around Rs 125/sqft of roof area (including super structure and walls). The asking rate for super structure alone is around Rs 30/sqft and for brick work around Rs 85/sqft.

Cheers:)
    CommentQuote