Hello everyone.

I'm seeking guidance with respect to buying a property in India (Kolkata). I'm currently based in UK, with an outlook to R2I in 2012, just after Olympics. I want to purchase a flat for myself and have been researching the real estate space for a while. I have shortlisted couple of projects in Kolkata.

Just as an indication, a 3 BHK apartment of 2079sft is costing about Rs 80lacs (incl of all other costs such as club membership, car parking etc). They are charging rate of Rs 3500/sft

I will be taking a mortgage of 70%.

Is this right time to buy property ? (could be a subjective question)
    Is the real estate market stagnated in Kolkata or is there chance of further going down ?
    Is the price indication above a reasonable one or is it towards higher end ?
    what kind of bargaining power do I have with the developers, or do they offer fixed price ?
    what is my bargaining position ? I know in UK, currently its buyers market i.e. buyer have very strong bargaining position, not sure how it will work in Kolkata.
    is it buyers market, if so, any pointers on negotiation aspects that I can work on
    what kind of things should I be on the look out and check with the developer before committing myself?
    Is instalment payment better than downpayment, given the fact the rates are higher for instalment.

I will appreciate if anyone could give me guidance in this matter.

Read more
0 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
No replies found for this discussion.