Investment Options: Real Estate Investment & Banking Scheme

Last updated: November 18 2012
54 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Investment Options: Real Estate Investment & Banking Scheme

Originally posted by one2connect View Post
    If you would have read this thread properly you would have found this link Compounding Calculator and your answer in it.
    Thanks for this reply. I have seen the calculator and it gives the amount after the no. of years we enter - starting from the basic amount first. but my question is how this amount is getting multiplied over the years. what is the basis of multiplication of this amount ? when we say, 7% cumulative growth, do we mean that if we have 100 lacs as a starting point, after 1 year, we will end up with 107 lacs - after considering our expenditure out of the interest obtained from 100 lacs and inflation as well ; and at the end of 2nd year we will end up with 113.54 lacs ? Does cumulative growth take inflation also in consideration.
    Would be very thankful if anyone can explain in simple terms and in detail.

best regards
    karan

Comment

Dear Almighty

I liked your post a lot but my question is how this amount is getting multiplied over the years. what is the basis of multiplication of this amount ? when we say, 7% cumulative growth, do we mean that if we have 100 lacs as a starting point, after 1 year, we will end up with 107 lacs - after considering our expenditure out of the interest obtained from 100 lacs and inflation as well ; and at the end of 2nd year we will end up with 113.54 lacs ? Does cumulative growth take inflation also in consideration.
      Would be very thankful if you can explain in simple terms and in detail.

best regards
      karan

Comment

Mr Kumar,

If you have a mortgage free property for living and a 90 Lakh as cash then you have more than enough to survive in this world.

Don't get into complex economics which never proved to be decisive nor accurate. Even if you have lots and lots you may still feel short of it. Yes, this may not be sufficient if you increase your lifestyle needs every year(iPad, iPhone, wifi,expensive car, 55 inch OLED TVs, malls, movies, centralised A/C etc...)

You need to apportion certain capital for emergency and medical ( after 60-70 plus). If you keep your lifestyle simple you really do not need lots of money.

Only catch may be educational expenses for your kids which might require lot more than 30 K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

IMHO, Rs. 90 lakhs is a good amount. If invested properly in a business/stocks/RE one can get more than 50k per month. Where to invest depends on various circumstances like a snacks corner in tier1 city might earn you more than 40-60k per month whereas the same may not work in small towns. So one will need to assess what is that will get him more money and is safer.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X