Retirement resorts....

Last updated: August 1 2011
4 | Posts
4131 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement resorts....

I see parents of many friends struggling to get company of their peer groups, as there are no functional public spaces or distance to one is not easily managable by old people, living with their children.

I have done a bit of research but find that current retirement resorts are like old age homes, with no clear ownership rights.

This makes me wonder if there are some running or developing projects that I should look into. I am 45, want to retire at 50 and want to enjoy a cool climate place, not more than 100 kms from a big town (& thus good hospital), main road/ railway station or airport, internet, mall etc

Anybody who could feed in?

Many thanks in advance...

Re : Retirement resorts....

Dear friend,
    You have not mentioned which part of the country you are looking at.Iam also looking for the same things but am yet to identify a suitable place.
    Pondicherry is a place iam looking at right now.It is clean and calm and is
    good in basic amenities.But i don't know of any projects .......
    regards
    unlikely

Comment

i think manish has brought out a very good idea. people should plan retirement and stay post retirement. i think we can find lots of like minded poeple here on thus forum and may be we can jointly look for something aera wise. i am also looking something like what manish has said. but in north india.
      Originally posted by unlikely View Post
      Dear friend,
      You have not mentioned which part of the country you are looking at.Iam also looking for the same things but am yet to identify a suitable place.
      Pondicherry is a place iam looking at right now.It is clean and calm and is
      good in basic amenities.But i don't know of any projects .......
      regards
      unlikely

Comment

Dear Manish,
        LAVASA city has best retirement resort of all retirement resorts i have come across. Lots of bigger developers like DLF and Unitech are also planning to float retirement resorts so wait and watch in coming years you shall have more options.

Comment

I am curious, what kind of resorts they will be offering. can someone provide me some examples of such resorts in India or abroad.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X