Last updated: April 27 2019
2 | Posts
2324 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Ash Bricks - How good?

Hello,

We're in process of constructing a Building, for our office.

I want to know how good are Fly Ash Bricks? from what I can search on internet is that there is nothing bad about them. But I read somewhere that fly Ash Bricks cant be drilled. Is it true?

Drilling is required to fit ACs basically and some wall hangings. Someone please help.

Re : Fly Ash Bricks - How good?

I am building few cottages up in the hills and the gradient of the land is steep. We plan to flatten some but for most part use the countours using the steps to our advantage. Size of the cottage built up area will be between 350-400 sq ft. I am tempted to use fly ash bricks due cost and other pragmatic reasons like getting them up the slope to various heights, transporation logistics etc. Now in summers it is hot but cool under shade. Rains quite a bit but in short bursts. Winter can go down to zero degrees with occational snow drift. Land is rocky.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Comment

Re : Fly Ash Bricks - How good?

Originally posted by skban05 View Post
      I am building few cottages up in the hills and the gradient of the land is steep. We plan to flatten some but for most part use the countours using the steps to our advantage. Size of the cottage built up area will be between 350-400 sq ft. I am tempted to use fly ash bricks due cost and other pragmatic reasons like getting them up the slope to various heights, transporation logistics etc. Now in summers it is hot but cool under shade. Rains quite a bit but in short bursts. Winter can go down to zero degrees with occational snow drift. Land is rocky.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.
      Your post has been moved to appropriate thread and merged with an existing similar thread.
      Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: ash bricks fly good
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X