Creative Ideas For Furnishing House/Flat aka PROPERTY

Last updated: May 2 2013
11 | Posts
2227 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Ideas For Furnishing House/Flat aka PROPERTY

now that most of us have been playing property-property for quite some time, many of us would have got the possession of their flat too. Generally a private builder flat is already in a good shape and no work is required in it. But mostly government flats like dda/gda are not in that great shape. they are in raw shape.
    This thread is for those who had purchased a raw flat in which they had to get some work done.
    i have got a small dda lig flat which is in raw state - iron windows which are not so great. if you open windows then you invite mosquitoes. and window doors are of big size without any partition in it. so very big glasses. its a ground floor flat so security is also a concern. apart from that, there are two small toilets. with an empty space in front of toilets with sink. i am thinking of increasing size of toilets and changing the entry of one toilet from bedroom. generally all dda flats have same design.

Flat will be given on rent. my parents say that no need to get any work done in the flat since its for renting purpose only. but i am saying that even if we are giving it on rent then changing windows is the basic thing which we should do. toilet work can be avoided but i am ok with it. as far as i know, the time you sell your flat, you get better price if you get these little things done. and even if i do not get, no problems. i want to be a nice land lord and provide good security and conditions for my tenants.

i was thinking of aluminum windows and iron grills but i am told that since its a ground floor flat, i should install wooden windows since aluminum ones are not that strong.

so i request you guys to share your knowledge with me and give me some ideas that you might have used in your flats. some cost saving things since i am not some one who has loads of money and is not bothered of the expenditure. i want some saanp bhi mar jaye aur laathi bhi na toote ideas.

also share your views about getting work done in a flat used for rentals.
    Last edited March 17 2013, 12:26 PM.

Re : Creative Ideas For Furnishing House/Flat aka PROPERTY

Here is the picture of the windows and doors. all thin iron rods. I am thinking of replacing all windows and doors with wooden ones (three layer - iron grill, glass window pane and wooden pane with net)

i am looking forward for some helpful ideas from seniors. thanks guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited March 17 2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

here is the current design of flat
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the change i am thinking of in toilets-
        Attached Files

Comment

any ideas are welcome

Comment

no one?

Comment

i think people here are busy in buying and selling property. No one reaches the stage of interior changes?

Comment

I have an idea, since you are willing to spend a little money, cover the courtyard also and you will get a 2BHK. This will increase your rent and resale value..both.

Comment

Originally posted by Masque View Post
                  I have an idea, since you are willing to spend a little money, cover the courtyard also and you will get a 2BHK. This will increase your rent and resale value..both.
                  ya i thought of that but it is not legal and it will block the sunlight coming to drawing room

Comment

whats the size of your courtyard? Legal issues come if you are actually usimg any permanent fixtures. But there are many temporary structures that can be used like wood.

Also, having a sink in outside the bathroom is good. Visitors need not go to the bath room for washing hands. If you repost the picture with exact dimensions, I should be able to comment more.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X