Insurance cover on relocation

Getting insurance cover for your relocation needs is one of the most important aspects of the whole process. When you are moving your goods there remain some probabilities on some goods being damaged in the process of transition onto the final destination. Damage to your property can occur in transit in storage and while loading and unloading in the truck.

But is insurance cover during relocation a money-making gimmick or a necessary formality?
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • moving myself

There are relocators who provide insurance to the entity you may damage while moving. Even the insurance company have policies for the relocation part.....

Which agent you are using for moving... confirm the services and the issue part....
    CommentQuote
  • You must buy and insurance..

I don't think insurance should be seen as a money making exercise.

Years back when I was moving from Hyderabad to Noida, I felt that insurance is not required and did not take one. Lost my 29" color TV as the picture tube was broken in transit!

So a strong advise to go for insurance. Of-course, make sure that you negotiate a good deal!!!:)

Manoj
    CommentQuote
  • Insurance is a personal choice, it is for u to decide what is best for you. People take car insurance not because they will bang their car, its because accidents happen.

Also when good are being moved from Bangalore to Delhi the goods travek over 2500 Kms and with the indian roads there are bound to be damages, hence the need for Insurance.

Then again no one forces you for insurance its a personal choice.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandysingh068
    Insurance is a personal choice, it is for u to decide what is best for you. People take car insurance not because they will bang their car, its because accidents happen.

Also when good are being moved from Bangalore to Delhi the goods travek over 2500 Kms and with the indian roads there are bound to be damages, hence the need for Insurance.

Then again no one forces you for insurance its a personal choice.

Truely said Sandy....\\It's a personal choice..

abt 1.5 years back i shifted from GGN to Shimla...i opt for a mover company but not opt for insurance......it's ur own choice...
    CommentQuote