Home insurance with home loan?

Last updated: January 19 2019
16 | Posts
15396 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home insurance with home loan?

How many home loan providers in India offer options of home insurance (themselves or through any sort of affiliation with some insurance company) while allotting home loan to their customers? If you know any, then please share.

Re : Home insurance with home loan?

Compulsory Home Insurance with Home Loans

Today, its almost mandatory for home loan customers to take home insurance as the HFC do not want to be without a risk cover for the amount they have given as home loan.

ICICI home FInance has a tie up with ICICI Lombard and HSBC currently has a tie up with TATA AIG for such policies.

In fact, the trend is to have a single premium policy for the insurer's life to the extent of covering the amount of loan financed and annual premium on the home insurance. The amount of single premium is added to the loan component and that effectively gets financed and you pay that amount as part of EMI rather than one large lumpsum amount
    Ram

Comment

Great info........

That's great info....

Thanks Ram for making people aware of one of the important aspect of property investment, ie, "Home Insurance".

Great job done!!!

Comment

Would love to share more realty info

Hi Suruchi
        Thanks for your kind words
        I have been in Realty as a proffesional Realtors for the last 14 years
        And its been a big learning curve for me
        I believe i will enhance my skills further on forums like this

Do keep contributing here suruchi
        Ram
        Last edited January 22 2007, 02:14 PM. Reason: Website promotion not allowed
        Ram

Comment

Nice and useful information for everyone. Thank u for sharing that.

This type of policies will surely encourage people to opt for home finance too.
          And it is a bless for salaried class specially.

In future, pls do provide with information on such policies so that people can avail maximum benefit out of a professional advice

Comment

Hi mishthi

I know one more such home loan provider. United Housing Loan Scheme offers home loan in India, along with home insurance cover to its owners

You can take opt this home loan scheme to purchease some land, or for construction of house/ flat, to Renovation/ extension/ repair/ furnishing of house/ flat,and is also extended to those cases also where flats are being constructed by promoters/ developers where immediate mortgage of the property may not be possible.

Comment

Dena Bank's tie up with LIC

If u guys know that Dena Bank has also joined hands with Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to launch a group mortgage redemption assurance scheme for housing loan borrowers.

Christened Dena Grihaswami Suraksha Yojana, the scheme is applicable to all housing loan borrowers, including staff housing loan borrowers of Dena Bank, in the age group of 18-60.

However, the insurance cover is limited to outstanding loan subject to a maximum of Rs 1 crore.

Comment

me too i was needed to this information, thnx for sharing

Comment

IDBI Bank provides an additional opt-in for Life Insurance cover over the Home Loan. It looks like a differentiated offering.

http://www.idbi.com/products/homeloa...einsurance.asp

Comment

Originally posted by mishthi View Post
                    How many home loan providers in India offer options of home insurance (themselves or through any sort of affiliation with some insurance company) while allotting home loan to their customers? If you know any, then please share.
                    Guiding the forum mem to diff school of thought:-
                    https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...t=12928&page=2

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X