86 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Home Loan FAQs Made Easy.

what is the current rate at sbi?

Comment

I guess they still have their fixed interest scheme of 8% fixed for 1 year.
      And further 8.5% (or I guess 8.25%, don't remember) fixed for next 2 years.
      I'm not sure when that scheme is gonna get over.
      Check and get it confirmed with your local SBI branch.

Comment

as far as my knowledge it ends by 31-March-2010.

Comment

Private banks have already stopped this teaser rates scheme.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Teaser rate schemes from PSU banks are ending on 31st March. HDFC has already stopped the sceme on Feb 27th.

Comment

Deustche Bank has Home loan with 8.25% rate ...floating...is it advisable to prefer this versus our PSU banks ?

Comment

Originally posted by thatsnick001 View Post
                Deustche Bank has Home loan with 8.25% rate ...floating...is it advisable to prefer this versus our PSU banks ?
                When it comes to loans, especially long term loans, it is better to stick to Indian banks be it PSU or Private. Eg. We had taken car loan from Stan Chart bank. Later they closed their car loan dept & the loan was transfered to ICICI. Though the interest rates, duration remained the same, bank got changed (ICICI is useless bank). However, we didn't face much issues as we have a/c in Stan Chart. However, if at all there exists some discrepancies, you may be at the losing end in case of foreign banks. Hence, better stick to Indian banks as the loan is of long duration & that too individual one.

Btw, Indiabulls too have intro 8.5% ROI for home loan, but Indiabulls is a bunch of thieves. First hand experience (I used to trade on market through them). So, better avoid these as well. These are baaps of ICICI when it comes to looting the customers.
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Private Banks are big crooks.....

Go for PSU banks as far as possible...

Comment

Why is it said that taking a home loan before 31st Martch is beneficial ???
                    as it is ... for the floating rates... the new rates will apply...whenever you take loan ...

am i missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by thatsnick001 View Post
                      Why is it said that taking a home loan before 31st Martch is beneficial ???
                      as it is ... for the floating rates... the new rates will apply...whenever you take loan ...

am i missing something here?
                      You are correct. For floating rates, new rates will apply whenever they change.
                      The special schemes having fixed rate of 8.25 or 8.5 for 2-3 years are ending on March 31st. Those who want to avail these schemes need to hurry.
                      Anyways these schemes are gimmicks so no need to worry at all.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X