Who is the owner of the land

Last updated: February 2 2018
2 | Posts
513 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the owner of the land

My grandfather have 2 son and 1daughter. He bought a land in 1978.His daughter married 1976.The land document have name is my grandfather name.But he registered patta name is my father name.The daughter asked a one part of land.Now who is the owner of the land.My grandfather or My father.please replay me.

Re : Who is the owner of the land

LawRato, our Legal Expert would be able to answer the above .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Re : Who is the owner of the land

Hi,

First of all your grandfather’s daughter would be entitled to the property by succession only if your grandfather died after the amendment to the Hindu Succession Act in 2005 whereby even the daughters became class1 legal heirs of the father. So first check on this point. Apart from this, patta is a very important document to prove the ownership of the land, especially in case of a vacant land. However if the land is registered in your grandfather’s name and the last mutation was also in the name of your grandfather and he had been paying property taxes regularly then it can be proved that the property belonged to your grandfather and in that case the property would be divided between your father and his sister by succession. Also obtain the encumbrance certificate of last 25 years from the tehsildar office as it might help your case.

Thanks

Comment

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X