1 | Posts
200 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigeon dirt accumulated on temporary roof

Hi,

See attachment

The owner of the flat below mine has built a temporary roof to avoid pigeon droppings on their window. Now due to this roof there is a cavity that has been created. Due to this cavity, pigeon sit, create dirt and lay eggs. Without the roof the pigeons would not have been able to settle. I too faced the same issue so I built a temporary roof where pigeons cannot sit and I can clean the dirt. Now my question is

1. Who's responsibility is it to clean the temporary roof?

2. The owner of flat below alleges that my vertical grill is leading to pigeon droppings making his window dirty. If you look at the grill it is about 4 - 5 feet away from the window. It is unrealistic that pigeon droping will move 2 feet towards the window, enter the cavity and splash on his window. Even if I remove the horizontal grill, the pigeons will still enter the cavity.

3. Which civic authorities in Mumbai can I approach to resolve this issue, if society does not take action.

Re : Pigeon dirt accumulated on temporary roof

Originally posted by vaibhavpati View Post
    Hi,

See attachment

The owner of the flat below mine has built a temporary roof to avoid pigeon droppings on their window. Now due to this roof there is a cavity that has been created. Due to this cavity, pigeon sit, create dirt and lay eggs. Without the roof the pigeons would not have been able to settle. I too faced the same issue so I built a temporary roof where pigeons cannot sit and I can clean the dirt. Now my question is

1. Who's responsibility is it to clean the temporary roof?

2. The owner of flat below alleges that my vertical grill is leading to pigeon droppings making his window dirty. If you look at the grill it is about 4 - 5 feet away from the window. It is unrealistic that pigeon droping will move 2 feet towards the window, enter the cavity and splash on his window. Even if I remove the horizontal grill, the pigeons will still enter the cavity.

3. Which civic authorities in Mumbai can I approach to resolve this issue, if society does not take action.

This thread has been moved to the appropriate sub forum .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X