Tenant not paying rent

Last updated: July 7 2020
3 | Posts
157 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant not paying rent

My tenant is not paying rent since more than 3 months and the broker is not even helping us to get the rent, can someone please suggest what needs to be done

Re : Tenant not paying rent

Is it a commercial or residential lease? What are the reasons of the tenant not paying rent? Is it because of the situation due to COVID or something else?

Do you have a registered rental agreement?
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by darsha5772 View Post
      My tenant is not paying rent since more than 3 months and the broker is not even helping us to get the rent, can someone please suggest what needs to be done
      Simply send a official communication stating any non-payment will be adjusted against the deposit.

However, as human, discuss with him, and if it's because of current situation and financial problems, try to sort it out, defer some rent, waive off a part of it...after all humanity still exists... he might be ashamed to discuss it upfront...help him

Comment

Originally posted by darsha5772 View Post
        Please note that this thread is being moved to the appropriate subforum.
        Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: None
        Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X