Hi All,

I have a tenant who is not vacating even after we verbally told him to do that 8 months back. We had given him a rental agreement to sign which he told that he had lost and forgot to get a new one done.
The tenant pays the rent late and also has not paid electricity bills for past few months in event of which the electricity board had cut the electricity and he then forged and did some wrong connections which we forced him to remove.
My marriage is in two months and we need the house for relatives and later for personal use. What should be done to get things moving soon.
I think i am in a mess now but there should be some intelligent way to fix it.
Please help

Thanks in advance
Varun
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • beat the guy black and blue and throw him out ...
    CommentQuote
  • Thats a good option :)
    but i want to fix things in a proper legal way if it can be done in a short duration.
    CommentQuote
  • if u go to the court, case will run for decades....
    if u know anyone in local police station, try to scare him by sending police...
    CommentQuote
  • Boss, u r in a tight situation. I have been in such situation. Some probable ideas:-

1) get an FIR done.
    2) cut water supply officially.
    3) cut landline connections officially.
    4) you know his no. you have paper of the house at your name. If so, call the mobile company, and register a verbal and written request of cancelling the number, saying that they do not have any legal paper and authorisation from you to stay in the house, and the paper they submitted are false. Keep the FIR for backup.
    5) Use local bhaiya, club people, MLA - donate some chanda.

Good luck
    CommentQuote
  • polite way

ask him once,tell what was the problem threre, marriage is great time to enjoy,we need some space in your room,your also welcome...like this-- try once.....................
    CommentQuote
  • Go to Court...

You should go to court. But make sure to hire a good lawyer.

There is a law in which if you need your residential property for SELF USE and provide compelling proof of the same, the courts have the power to bypass all other formalities. Remember you are the owner and you have the right of first use.

Meet a good lawyer and seek advice in this regard.

Good Luck
    CommentQuote
  • to vacate tenant

Originally Posted by varunverma
    Hi All,

I have a tenant who is not vacating even after we verbally told him to do that 8 months back. We had given him a rental agreement to sign which he told that he had lost and forgot to get a new one done.
    The tenant pays the rent late and also has not paid electricity bills for past few months in event of which the electricity board had cut the electricity and he then forged and did some wrong connections which we forced him to remove.
    My marriage is in two months and we need the house for relatives and later for personal use. What should be done to get things moving soon.
    Please help

Thanks in advance

Varun

Dear varun verma,

I don't think you can get any positive solution to such problems through this forum. There are means like negotiating with the tenant or taking the help of some local influential politicians etc. and these involve good lot of expense. Going to court is a long drawn process. If you know very Sr. Level police officials very well or closely related and willing to help, it can serve. Otherwise, only face to face negotiation with the tenant or strong political help only can do. This is the hard fact when you have given the house to such a tenant.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    Scare the crap out of him or he will

By the by, what is the meaning of GoccaMacca?

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Members if you dont know Dont give stupid ideas
    Send him a legal vacating notice mentioning he is doing illegal pratics at your house and disturbing the public, file a as many sections case against him take the electicity board people and blackmail him to vacate him or should we take legal action, never give his deposite back you will have to pay fine to Electricity Board, and pay bribe to police and EB people also you have to give adocate fees, and pay all the pending eb bills
    If you know some politician the job will be made easy just give him 50000
    Never try to beat him with someone, if he goes to court and file a case against you, you will never get back your house for 15 to 20 years
    varunverma please turn on your messaging options on your control pannel
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varunverma
    Hi All,

Please help

Thanks in advance
    Varun

The intention of the tenant is not good from the very beginning otherwise he should have signed the lease agreement with you. You are also at fault that you are renting your property and never bother to and forget to get a new one done.
    First try to convience him, you are the owner and will get this vacant at any cost and those actions may harm both of you but you being the owner has to take those actions which may spoils your relations with him, better he understand and be gentle enoguh and if he still feels he will not vacate the house. Then last option is hire a good lawyer, send him a legal notice mentioning he has not paid any amount since last many months which you can prove as I dont think you have issued him any rent recipt and mention as many other criminal codes as you can.
    Meanwhile take other measures as suggested by other members here but finally there is no option than to fight a court case.
    To make the things easier, first of all before giving flat on rent, always try to get registered rent agreement , though it involves some court fee but tenant will never think of breaching the contract.
    CommentQuote
  • people give house worth crores and dotn get agreement to save 5-10k
    Crazy
    CommentQuote
  • Croes spent to acquire a flat is one time.What people try and curtail are recurring expenses which reduce their returns from rented property.Registration is a few thousands,followed by higher property tax for rented property,IT on rent received,Under the tablke charges for police verification ,extra charges by society for rented premises.
    All these expenditures reduce returns and are recurring.
    People sometimes get tempted to cut and suffer from consequences of a tenant refusing to vacate.It is hard luck for owner.Now legal way is the way out.
    CommentQuote
  • how easy is to get tenat vacated from court if u have registered agreenbt
    CommentQuote
  • Nothing is easy in our judicial system.But at least you have the legal format ready and you have followed laid down rules which help you get relief from courts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by CFA_aspirant
    how easy is to get tenat vacated from court if u have registered agreenbt

In delhi we generally make 11 months unregistered agreement on Rs100 stamp paper..Is it not sufficient.
    CommentQuote