Last updated: April 6 2018
6 | Posts
5028 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Wife's Name to the Flat

Hi,

I am a NRI. I have bought a flat in Thane on my name 2 years back. I have taken home loan for that, which is still going on. Now I would like to add my wife's name to the ownership of the flat. what is the procedure to do so?

Re : Add Wife's Name to the Flat

Have u taken possesion? Registry is done ?

Comment

I have not yet taken possession, probably in next 2 months but the registration is done.

Comment

Add wife's name!! High risk proposition bro....!! On a lighter note..

Comment

Correction deed

You need to prepare a correction deed for this purpose and get it registered.
          But the bank may not agree to create an additional interest as flat is mortgaged to them during the period loan is outstanding. Please discuss with bank first.

Comment

As the property is already registered, you can either prepare a conveyance deed in the nature of gift and get it registered, do remember that the gift shall suffer from stamp duty.

Before that you need to consult your bank as the property must be mortgaged and she would probably be made the co-applicant in the loan as well.

Setu Niket

Comment

I have recently got married and wanted to know the procedure to my wife's name to an already registered flat under my name. And the timeline and cost associated with it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X