compensation for incomplete flats of DDA

Last updated: April 22 2013
5 | Posts
1071 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compensation for incomplete flats of DDA

I wish to seek experts advice on a flat of mine that I got during DDA 2010 scheme. My flat is HIG in sec 29 in rohini. I got it during the draw in Nov 2011 and was asked to pay the amount within 6 months to avoided cancellation of draw. As a result I payed huge Lumpsum amt of Rs 5900000/- in may 2012. Inspite of timely payment I was given possession of flat by Feb 2013. The problem is that the flat is still incomplete as it does not have water and elect rickety facilities as of now. It's almost I year now that I have payee the full amount to the DDA without getting the facilities of my flat. The market rate of interest of the amt for 1 yr is very large which I could have benefited had I put my money in FD and paid to DDA only after full completion . Do I have any legal angle by which I can ask DDA to repay me the loss that I have already suffered.???? Seniors and experts please advice.

Re : compensation for incomplete flats of DDA

What does it say in your agreement ? Has the prices themselves not gone up over the last year ? Or is the price going down as compared to 2012 ?

Comment

I think he is not looking to sell the flat, but is just trying to get late delievery compensation from DDA while property was delievered on time but without basic amenities without which it is impossible to live in the appartment.

Originally posted by drakulie View Post
      What does it say in your agreement ? Has the prices themselves not gone up over the last year ? Or is the price going down as compared to 2012 ?

Comment

You should look at the BBA for any clause pertaining to late delievery and if there are anything mentioned for the facilities been provided at the time of delievery. If not then as basic amenities these should be provided, In this case you can form a group of like minded people and file a case against DDA, since forming a group will share your burden and give more visibility. Normally these cases take lot of time and some money to give any result and are full of hasseles. I am not discouraging you about the idea but you should take a decision with all eyes open.

Originally posted by avinash77 View Post
        I wish to seek experts advice on a flat of mine that I got during DDA 2010 scheme. My flat is HIG in sec 29 in rohini. I got it during the draw in Nov 2011 and was asked to pay the amount within 6 months to avoided cancellation of draw. As a result I payed huge Lumpsum amt of Rs 5900000/- in may 2012. Inspite of timely payment I was given possession of flat by Feb 2013. The problem is that the flat is still incomplete as it does not have water and elect rickety facilities as of now. It's almost I year now that I have payee the full amount to the DDA without getting the facilities of my flat. The market rate of interest of the amt for 1 yr is very large which I could have benefited had I put my money in FD and paid to DDA only after full completion . Do I have any legal angle by which I can ask DDA to repay me the loss that I have already suffered.???? Seniors and experts please advice.

Comment

Since its a DDA flat you can approach high court for directions to install water and electricity connection and also ask for compensation for late delivery.

If you only seek compensation, based on the agreement and other wise as well, local district consumer forum will award you compensation.

Regards
          Setu Niket
          Advocate

Comment

thnx friends for your valuable inputs ..i have some clarity and direction to proceed..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X