I am a student and recently shifted to Delhi. I’ve started staying in a house on rent and asked the landlords to make ready a tenancy agreement. Now, they have got the agreement ready and asking me to pay the charges and other expenses indulged in making of the agreement. I am new to the city and do not have any information on what shud be there. Is it the tenant or the landlord, who has to bear the charges involved? Through this forum I want to know that who is legally responsible to pay these expenses. If the landlord, then what action shall I take against him?
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear Mohit,

Cheers and wish u Luck for your studies BUDDY.

Now answer for you. Just don't get aggressive and start thinking to take any action against the landlord. Be patient.

Just have a cool chat with your landlord and let him know that, any rental agreement of the duration more than 1 year requires registration and the expenses are honored by the landlord only. If he feels, he can consult to his personal advocate too.

You dont worry. if he insists you to pay the expenses, just change the house and look for some other one.

Best Wishes.
    CommentQuote