Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a plot in North Bangalore which is BIAAPA approved (I also have copy from BIAAPA). The developer has provided the DC conversion document and my lawyer says it is converted. The developer has also provided document saying no PTCL cases exist "till date". However the said land is grant land provided to SC/ST community.

Is it safe to buy the property? The lawyer also says once DC converted it should be legal as DCs check the dealienation process by the original grantee before conversion.
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by EnnEss
    Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a plot in North Bangalore which is BIAAPA approved (I also have copy from BIAAPA). The developer has provided the DC conversion document and my lawyer says it is converted. The developer has also provided document saying no PTCL cases exist "till date". However the said land is grant land provided to SC/ST community.

Is it safe to buy the property? The lawyer also says once DC converted it should be legal as DCs check the dealienation process by the original grantee before conversion.

You lawyer will guide you better on the matter. Yes the DC conversion should be good enough.
    CommentQuote
  • Supreme Court Order 2017 related to Grant land.

If restoration of Grant land is made after an unreasonably long period( 20 years and more) it is liable to be dismissed on that ground.

Therefore, an application can be made at any time by the original grant land heirs are overruled.
    CommentQuote