Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Ashish_Leo
    Hi RA;

Thanks for your feedback. I own this house, and the worst part, I just bought it couple of months back. No one in my circle had enough knowledge about Vaastu, and all I came to know is that the NE Main Door is very very good, and Master BR in SW is also very good. But now as you have highlighted the issues, I need to think about it.

Man, NE door is excellent but it has to be in NE section with either North or East facing & not in sub-direction NE facing.
    SW m.bed is also correct but in exact directions, not in SW corner. Infact, due to subdirection, M.bed is in west & kitchen is in SW.

Few of my queries are:
    1: Can I permanently convert the conman toilet to a Store Room. Would it help in long run.

There will be toilet above & below, so no major difference. Also, as this is NE part, making store room will make it heavy so not advisable.

2: Can i put Tulsi Plant in one of my balconies, instead of terrace. What's is the main advantage of doing this?

Oh, yeah forget in Pune, balconies are called as terrace as here there is double height for terrace i.e. balconies are alternate floor. So, yes, you can have them in your balconies.

Tulsi has lot of positive energy & natural healing power. You can find the advantages of tulsi even in our ayurveda. Hence, the same.

3: Whats the Vaastu logic behind, Raw Salt and Earthen Pot.

Raw salt has the power to absorb negative energy, while earthen pot is made up of mud/clay which is natural material & use of glass here may lead to injuries if it falls by mistake. If the earthen pot gets broken, there is no probs at all unlike glass.

4: As NE is cut, any specific remedy for the same.

Frankly, NO.

5: What is Safatik Stone?

It is a semi-precious stone which has positive energy & this absorbs negative energy & gives out positive vibes. And man, I goofed up on spelling, it is "sphatik".

6: Any specific mantra to be recited daily?

Gayatri mantra in morning. Rest, whichever god you believe in, you can chant it.

Also I am planning to put in a Ready Made temple structure in one of my rooms. Currently the temple is in our M Bedroom. facing North East. Can you recommend the best wall for the temple, either in Living Room or in 3rd Bedroom?

The ideal position for pooja is NE followed by North & East.
    You can keep it in any room falling in NE, North or East in NE corner.
    Pooja in bedroom is not advisable. It's OK if it is kids bedroom but have a curtain in between then.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA;

Your recommendation is required for setting up the temple.

I am highlighting 3 different locations for the temple, to be set up on the wall.

Please suggest which one would be the best.

Thanks,
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashish_Leo
    Hi RA;

Your recommendation is required for setting up the temple.

I am highlighting 3 different locations for the temple, to be set up on the wall.

Please suggest which one would be the best.

Thanks,

The location shown in orange triangle.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    The location shown in orange triangle.

I would really like to thank RA Bhai, for his inputs on the Vastu remedies for my new home.
    Trust me guys, the remedies have brought great changes to my life within a short span of 2 weeks. RA Bhai, 1st suggested me to sell off the flat coz of the defect, however this flat being my 1st dream house, and as I bought it just 1 year back, my family was not at all in favor to sell it, or to move to a rented accommodation. Being a flat, any physical alteration was also not possible. So the only way out for me was thru remedies, and exp great difference in my way of life.
    Based on the defects I did following remedies.

Tilted Direction: My flat was exactly 45 Degree from each Vastu direction of NSEW. which means, the 4 corners of my house were in NE, SW, NW & SE. The main entrance of my house was from NE and the flat and balconies were facing SW.
    Remedies: 1:Swastik Symbol from Kum Kum made from Haldi on the main entrance, and remaking it every 15 days once it goes out.
    2: Tulsi Plant in Balcony
    3: Gayatri Mantra every morning.

NE Toilet: The comman toilet of my flat was in NE Direction, which belong to God and very UN-auspicious.
    Remedies: 1: Completely stopped using the common toilet, and instead used the toilet attached to MBR.
    2: Raw Salt in Earthen Pot, in the toilet Window.
    3: Keeping the toilet very very clean
    4: Bamboo Plant and changing water every day
    5: Safastik Stone

SW Kitchen: I have got few remedies from RA Bhai, and yet to implement. Would update the status once I do the remedies.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,
    I have just owned a flat.I am attaching the floor plan for your kind advice.
    I will be really grateful for your suggestions.Actually I had not thought vastu is important,but now feel how important it is.As I have already gone through the deal,please point out the issues and how to solve the issues.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • please suggest

Hi Realacre,
    Your posts are really useful to us. I got much information from your various posts. I stay rented house. I have attached its layout to this post. Can you please comment how much is this flat beneficial. Due to some reason I can not change this flat for next 6-7 month. If it is not that beneficial, are there any things to do temporarily. Your suggestions will help me a lot.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by priyadarshi06
    Dear Realacres,
    I have just owned a flat.I am attaching the floor plan for your kind advice.
    I will be really grateful for your suggestions.Actually I had not thought vastu is important,but now feel how important it is.As I have already gone through the deal,please point out the issues and how to solve the issues.

From the floor plan, it is seen that the flat is in subdirection. Can you please let me know what the angle of deviation from the main direction ? If not the exact angle, is it more than 10 degrees ?
    CommentQuote
  • Better to shift out.

Originally Posted by ksagar
    Hi Realacre,
    Your posts are really useful to us. I got much information from your various posts. I stay rented house. I have attached its layout to this post. Can you please comment how much is this flat beneficial. Due to some reason I can not change this flat for next 6-7 month. If it is not that beneficial, are there any things to do temporarily. Your suggestions will help me a lot.
    Thanks in advance.

Some details about your flat:-

> Entrance in SE, east facing. This burns out all the good things which come to you & also spoils relationships for no reason (Entrance in SE, South facing is good though),

> Kitchen is in NE, very, very bad. Burns out all the 'Satvik' energy in the house,

> Toilet in North, is also bad, leads to financial probs,

> M.bed in NW leads to confusion & you end up spending more time outside the house than inside,

> SW is cut & part of it has terrace which is light. SW cut leads to loss of stability.

Frankly speaking, it is best if you can shift out as it is on rent. This is what I would recommend, yet some of the solutions are this:-

> Put a silver swastika (4x4 inches) above the door frame of the entrance door, preferably on Friday,

> Have the gas stove/hob in SE part of kitchen. Add some light green element to the kitchen. Buy a Labradarite stone/crystal & place it on right hand side of the gas stove,

> Keep raw salt (samudri namak) in earthen bowl in the toilet. Change it after every 15 days. Keep toilet clean, keep air freshener in it & install exhaust fan to keep air circulating,

> Keep the bed in SW part of the bedroom with your head in South. Keep heavy pots with plants, preferably palm trees in the terrace attached to the bedroom. Also keep a tulsi plant there,

> Last but not the least, use chandan agarbatti in the morning & evening in your house.

Doing the above will help you a lot, but it is still recommended to shift the house ASAP.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    From the floor plan, it is seen that the flat is in subdirection. Can you please let me know what the angle of deviation from the main direction ? If not the exact angle, is it more than 10 degrees ?

Dear RA,

Thanks for your post.I am not sure about the angles,but have a feeling that the directions should be like this.I have this feeling from the site plan of the project and the direction N from their website.To know correctly I have ordered for one Compass and will visit the flat in a week or so and can confirm it.Can you guide what is the correct way to find the directions?

And if it turns out to be around 10-15% deviated can you suggest something from the present floor plan?And I will surely give the correct directions as per your guidance and once I go to the flat in a week's time.
    Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA

Originally Posted by realacres

Doing the above will help you a lot, but it is still recommended to shift the house ASAP.

Thanks RA,
    As per your previous posts also it was clear that the flat I stay was not Vastu efficient, so I wanted some temporary remedies. I will implement them for time being, and try to shift as soon as possible.
    Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by priyadarshi06
    Dear RA,

Thanks for your post.I am not sure about the angles,but have a feeling that the directions should be like this.I have this feeling from the site plan of the project and the direction N from their website.To know correctly I have ordered for one Compass and will visit the flat in a week or so and can confirm it.Can you guide what is the correct way to find the directions?

Dear Priyadarshi,

Good that you have ordered a compass :). Here is the way you should proceed:-

Stand in the main entrance door, facing out. Take the reading. This will be the direction of the entrance door. Remember, entrance door facing is what you see while going OUTSIDE the house & NOT INSIDE;

Keep the compass on the floor of the flat in the brahmasthan i.e. centre of the house. Take the readings;

Similarly take readings in the terraces & the extreme end walls of the flat. All should show the same direction & same degree. If not, revert to me with the readings, I will guide you further.

*PS:- Ensure that there is no electromagnetic object near you while taking the readings including cell-fone.

And if it turns out to be around 10-15% deviated can you suggest something from the present floor plan?And I will surely give the correct directions as per your guidance and once I go to the flat in a week's time.
    Thanks again.

A 10 deg deviation can be ignored & small remedies can be done. However, having severe deviation is not good as this results into Vaastu dosha called as 'Vidisha' which is not good for the inhabitants in the house.
    Anyways, let me know the readings, I will inform you how to proceed further.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA.

I got the compass and went to the flat today.Your guess is correct.I was completely wrong in guessing the direction.

I had put the compass out of the engtrance facing out,then in the middle of the flat,and the terraces.

Actually the door is east facing and the deviation is minor,less than 10% for sure and may be around 5 degrees.

So please advice regards the flat,about which should be the master bedroom,puja room,where the furnitures in the living room should be and other important areas where you feel is important to consider.

I am uploading the floor plan again with markings of directions.Please give your feedback.
    Thanks in advance
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu compatibility

After reading through this thread i understand that the flat i purchased has lot of negatives. I would like to hear from the experts on the pros and cons of the attached plan. Also if there is any remedies please let me know. Appreciate your help. Thank you.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu for West

I was wondering does Vastu Shatra apply to the USA homes also ?

As i beleive Vastu is more about cosmic engergy, sun rise/ sunset directions, winds direction .... So these tips which apply for Indian houses will be different for USA home or than our they same ?

Plz answer Realacres
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Priyadarshi,

Please see the image below. I have completed the analysis of floor plan. I will explain to you the details for the same in detail in a day.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote