Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • HELP me guys to take decision !!!!

Hello Friends !!

I have choosed one 3 BHK Flat and need some suggestion on vaastu, whether should i go fo it or not ?

Thanks in advance guys !!!

Regards
    Abhishek
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Please can you comment on the plot and the proposed layout.

The ratio is 10 X 25

Many thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Good & thanks for trusting me man. :)

First of all, there is huge difference when it comes to plot & flat in terms of readings.
    The flat calculations can be done sitting anywhere & one can tell whether it is good or not, but when it comes to plot, unless physical inspection is done, one can't give any judgement as to whether the plot is good or not.

Plot doesn't just involve directions but even slopes, type of soil, plants around, presence of bad things like anthill, thorny tress etc. alongwith land & water tests.

However, in your case things are simple. Reason :- The dimensions itself are enough to avoid building here.

As per Vaastushastra, the golden ratio of the Length x Breadth of the plot is
    1 : 1.618

However the max permissible ratio is 1:2.

Your plot is 10x55, which makes the ratio as 1:5.5

Man, this is more like a road !!

With this ratio, there won't be any proper division of the areas within the plot. A single room or even bathroom will occupy atleast 2 houses !!

And this issue is not just with the plot but even the construction on it will be of similar ratio, which again is bad.

My friend, you already know the issue. And frankly, there is no solution to this in current format. You need to purchase plot towards North, that too if your current land & adjoining one is good as per Vaastu.

Therefore, I would request you to forget about this house completely. Infact, it would be better to sell off this plot as well.
    Now I am sure some may think that RA has gone nuts, asking everyone to sell this & that. :D But if this is the only solution to the problem, can't help otherwise either.

* PS:- While buying adjoining plots, ensure to buy one towards North or East of the existing plot & not the plot towards West & South.

Thanks for ur valuable observations.

Actually it is not a plot but house. Which I thought I could re-build it after pulling it down. I thought that tree would make a problem. But it seems the tree is least of the problem ;)

Just to know more. What could be done about the tree ? Is it good or bad ?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

I wanted to know hypothetically. What should be the arrangement if someone is building a home for him. Lets say the dimensions are 20x30........ just an example. By arrangement, I mean, where should the kitchen be and things like that. I know you must be busy, so just draw a diagram with a pen and click a pic and pm me. I will do a proper diagram and post it here.

This will help a lot of people here. I am sure.

I am asking a lot but, please, take out some time and answer this.

I think a lot of our day to day, financial, health related and a host of other problems occur in our homes ...... due to our homes and we don't even know that. So,if we have a better understanding of our own homes then we can avoid a lot unnecessary problems. A lot of people here can be happy and lead a much satisfactory life.

See, I am asking here because i know for sure that I WILL GET A TRUTHFULL ANSWER. If I ask this to someone else he will bend to please me because I am paying and worst I dont even know whether he is correct.

Thanks in advance.
    Jazz
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VedKapoor
    Hi RA,

Please can you comment on the plot and the proposed layout.

The ratio is 10 X 25

Many thanks

you did it in Excel ??

Because this is inconclusive.

Is it really a rectangle ?? If u have a hand drawn map or a rough map pm me I will try getting it done properly.

Jazz
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    you did it in Excel ??

Because this is inconclusive.

Is it really a rectangle ?? If u have a hand drawn map or a rough map pm me I will try getting it done properly.

Jazz

Hi Jazz,

Yes, It is excel. But somehow excel attachment was not being accepted. So saved it as a pdf file and it went thru.

It is indeed a rectangle. Remember it is a plot and not a flat. What makes you feel it is inconclusive, by the way. The arrow towards North is approax as I did a practical on site with Compass in hand. I am sending you excel file via PM, if it goes thru.

Edit: I couldnt find an option to send an attachment with PM. Sorry I am somewhat noob.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

I have selected two more flats ,please give your expert advice,should I go for it or not
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

I have bought under construction 3 BHK apartment attached is floor plan of it. Please guide me on vastu compliance, do I need to do any changes in apartment to make it more compliant.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • @realacres and others, would appreciate your advice.

looking to buy a plot. Can you please suggest if this is a good choice as per vaastu? Arrow points to entrance of plot as specified by Authority. One in Green is the one I am considering to buy.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • south west second floor room

Dear RA, pls advise on following:

In my house I have master bedroom in southwest corner on ground floor. my parents occupy the same. I live in the bedroom in west of southwest of the house on ground floor with my family. in our house there is second floor which is built on the north west side of the house, this is occupied by my younger brother and his wife. The second floor rooms are neither on top of mine nor my father's room. the water tank is also on this side (NW). some body has told us that south west portion of the house should be heavier.

In order to balance the north west second floor i.e. make south west heavy, I plan to construct a room on top of my parent's room (southwest corner) and also shift water tank in SW corner. Now I have come to know that SW 2nd floor room should be with master of the house, my parents will not shift to 2nd floor. so can we make the 2nd floor SW room and convert it to guest room or children room or store etc; I or my brother will not shift to this room. The other case is not to make any room in SW 2nd floor and be as it is. Then how do I make SW heavy? Please advise.

Other experts also please write in.
    CommentQuote
  • I wish peace, happiness, and joy to all the members of this post.
    A happy New Year 2015 to All.
    Regards,
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Wishing You All Happy & Prosperous New Year 2015!!
    CommentQuote
  • Hello,

I have attached the layout of my flat. The stove in my kitchen will be facing somewhere between West and North-West. The master bedroom is situated on south of the flat. Please help me to know which side of the wall should have almirah. Also is the kitchen OK? If not, then what arrangement should be done.

Thanks,
    Devendra
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA, pls advise on following:

In my house I have master bedroom in southwest corner on ground floor. my parents occupy the same. I live in the bedroom in west of southwest of the house on ground floor with my family. in our house there is second floor which is built on the north west side of the house, this is occupied by my younger brother and his wife. The second floor rooms are neither on top of mine nor my father's room. the water tank is also on this side (NW). some body has told us that south west portion of the house should be heavier.

In order to balance the north west second floor i.e. make south west heavy, I plan to construct a room on top of my parent's room (southwest corner) and also shift water tank in SW corner. Now I have come to know that SW 2nd floor room should be with master of the house, my parents will not shift to 2nd floor. so can we make the 2nd floor SW room and convert it to guest room or children room or store etc; I or my brother will not shift to this room. The other case is not to make any room in SW 2nd floor and be as it is. Then how do I make SW heavy? Please advise.

Other experts also please write in.

Please get an expert opinion before doing anything. You cannot take information like "SW must be heavier" without knowing all the rules. While it is true that SW should be heavier, water should be in the NE (in my basic understanding). So please do not solve the perceived problem by creating new ones. Wait for an expert to reply. Vastu has many nuances - all of them must be weighed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vj0real
    Dear RA, pls advise on following:

All of your bedrooms are good, no issues.

The over-head water tank needs to be in SW but ensure that the bed below is not exactly below the water tank. You need to shift the same from NW to SW.

In order to balance the north west second floor i.e. make south west heavy, I plan to construct a room on top of my parent's room (southwest corner) and also shift water tank in SW corner.

Excellent, go ahead.

Now I have come to know that SW 2nd floor room should be with master of the house, my parents will not shift to 2nd floor.

If I am correct, this should be 1st floor & not second floor. Please confirm.
    Also, why aren't your parents ready to shift on 1st floor ?

so can we make the 2nd floor SW room and convert it to guest room or children room or store etc; I or my brother will not shift to this room.

Never ever make SW as guest room or children room. The one who stays in SW dominates the house & hence the head of the family should stay here.

The other case is not to make any room in SW 2nd floor and be as it is. Then how do I make SW heavy? Please advise.

Actually, there is no other option as issue is not just weight but even the height should be highest in SW of the building. Hence, a room here + overhead water tank will be very good.

Apart from this, other things also matter :-

> What is there in NE & Brahmasthan ?
    > Current staircase. It should be in SW, South or atleast West.

Shrivio,It's correct that water should be in NE but only incase of under-ground tank or borewell. Overhead water tank should be in SW.Will reply to queries of other members shortly.
    CommentQuote