Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by guyinnoida
    Dear RA,

I have been following the posts and your responses for a number of days and appreciate all the good work being done here. Couldn't resist for too long and hence created an ID today to seek advise from you. Have tried to make a rough sketch of the layout of the home I have been residing for last 7 years. I feel there are times when unnecessary hurdles come up which makes me believe I need advice around Vastu and hence looking forward to your help. Have attached the rough sketch of the floor plans for your review. Also what I understood from the posts, the overhead tank position is also of relevance. The overhead tank is located above the 2nd floor room and towards the north east corner (above the stairs). From whatever I have been able to gather and understand that there are 2-3 major points that might need to be addressed (pardon my ignorance, if any) -
    * Kitchen is right in front of the entry gate, it might need to be corrected?
    * There is a bathroom + toilet on the first floor in the north-east direction. We aren't using it currently but I believe this is also a vastu -dosh?

Please share your recommendations and suggestions..

Thanks for all your help..

Regards,

In brief, there is one single major problem in your house, which is also the most critical one :- North East.

NE has to be the lightest area of entire house, but here we have :-

> Over-head water tank,
    > And most critically : staircase.

Add to it the issue of toilet in NE, which makes matters even worse. And even if you don't use it, the chambers remain as they are, so does the structure.

And as said before, for such serious issues in NE, there are no remedies. Frankly, the only way to get rid of this is to remove the stairs, toilet & over-head tank from this place.
    This may sound very hard but this is the only way to get rid of issues pertaining to NE.

And if you don't believe, I would suggest you take another Vaastu positive house on rent & stay there for 6 months. You will get better results after which you can take a call on existing house, either rebuilt or sell off & buy elsewhere.

Either change the house or house will change you.
    All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    Hi RA, it has been more than six months since i was last in touch with you, even though i have been regularly reading your posts. In fact, it is quite difficult to find a Vaastu compliant apartment nowadays.

I have recently come across an apartment which looks to meet certain key criteria mentioned by you regularly, No Sub direction, NE-Brahmsthan-SW clear..

Kindly check the attached layout and suggest which apartment is better, Left or Right. Entrance is facing North in both cases.

Look forward to your informed inputs.

No doubt, the left side flat is far better than right.
    However, what I saw is it does have a toilet in NE which is attached to the servant/maid room. Rest of issues can be reduced by simple remedies but what about this toi/bath in NE ?? Is there any flat which doesn't have this bath/toi ?? Else, this room is very good to make a pooja room, fantastic location, & rest is also fine.
    Infact, except for this toi, I would have said buy with few remedies.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    No doubt, the left side flat is far better than right.
    However, what I saw is it does have a toilet in NE which is attached to the servant/maid room. Rest of issues can be reduced by simple remedies but what about this toi/bath in NE ?? Is there any flat which doesn't have this bath/toi ?? Else, this room is very good to make a pooja room, fantastic location, & rest is also fine.
    Infact, except for this toi, I would have said buy with few remedies.

Thanks for your inputs... However, as you know, if the toilet is present in this layout, then it will be present in all other flats in this tower too. Unfortunately, this size is not available other towers of this project.

If a remedy cannot undo the negativity of this layout, then alas, i have to go back to the search road again.... Will blocking this toilet not solve the issue.
    CommentQuote
    First of all, both the bedrooms are in wrong place, one in North-NE & other in SE. This means for you, neither of bedroom is usable.
    The major issue in this is the presence of bath/toi in NE-East, which is very bad.
    Entrance door, which is North facing falls in NW quadrant, which is not recommended either.
    Overall, it is not good flat as per Vaastu & better to scout for some better option.
    All the best.

Thanks RA for your valuable response. I have one question, since have already booked this flat, can I have some remedy for this. One more thing, the toilet is not in north east. The terrace is at north east direction.
    CommentQuote
  • house modification

thanks RA for your valuable inputs.
    > will ensure bed is not exactly below water tank. tank will be built on bedroom-bath wall, so bed below.
    > yes, you read it right - its 1st floor room and not 2nd (my typo). my parents want to live only on ground floor. I will then make the room on top as veranda cum store for light weight items. Ok?
    > In NE, there was nothing, now I am constructing children studyroom and then in front a porch for doing havan/pooja (this will be exact NE corner). completing this corner will make my house a square or rectangle.
    > brahmstaan is in the lobby cum living, nothing is built nor any furniture kept in that portion.
    > also someone told me to install iron wire from new water-tank top to SE corner pole to NW corner pole and back to water tank to form a triangle. This will make SW to be higher than SE and SE pole to be higher than NE by 1 feet each. Whats your input.
    > staircase is in NW corner (S to N & then turn W to E). stair count is 17. I do not have an option to change/break this or make new one.
    > Can bathroom mirror be on south side wall of bathroom.
    > in my bedroom major sunlight comes from window in West side wall and lesser light from North ventilator.
    regards.

Originally Posted by realacres
    All of your bedrooms are good, no issues.

The over-head water tank needs to be in SW but ensure that the bed below is not exactly below the water tank. You need to shift the same from NW to SW.

Excellent, go ahead.

If I am correct, this should be 1st floor & not second floor. Please confirm.
    Also, why aren't your parents ready to shift on 1st floor ?

Never ever make SW as guest room or children room. The one who stays in SW dominates the house & hence the head of the family should stay here.

Actually, there is no other option as issue is not just weight but even the height should be highest in SW of the building. Hence, a room here + overhead water tank will be very good.

Apart from this, other things also matter :-

> What is there in NE & Brahmasthan ?
    > Current staircase. It should be in SW, South or atleast West.

Shrivio,It's correct that water should be in NE but only incase of under-ground tank or borewell. Overhead water tank should be in SW.Will reply to queries of other members shortly.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA for your valuable suggestions. Will surely look for options to shift and will trouble you again for your advice.

Thanks a lot..
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA
    I am a bit confused about entry to this flat (marked in Brown). This is a big project with many towers and low rise apartments,
    Plot is North facing. Entrance to Plot is from North.
    This tower is in north-east quadrant of the plot. There is a highrise tower exactly opposite to this tower in North. On East, there are low rises. On west, there is another high rise. IN south, there is open space. Main Entrance to tower is from North & another entrance is in East.
    This tower has 4 flats. I am looking at a flat above 10th floor in north east corner. However, entrance is in South west.
    Can you share how the impact of main entrance is as per Vaastu (Project entrance is North, Tower entrance is North, Flat entrance is SW, but both directions blocked by other flats)?

Thanks.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Can you give your opinion for Flat D001 in attached property Image. Flat is in costruction stage intrenal modification is possible .where is Ideal location of pooja room in this Flat.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Am a novice & will like to hear RAs opinion..but i think this flat is vaastu perfect. Might want to switch Guest with kids room. Lets see what RA says.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello,
    Can anybody give me suggestions, how this flat is which I am going to book, If there is any issue can it be rectified with remidies?
    Please refer the attached drawing, in which the flat is marked with Black square and with direction. the degree of angle is about 15 Deg. The link to the builder is http://pridepurplegroup.com/park_titanium_introduction.htm
    Thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    I am eagerly waiting for your advice. Spare some of your valuable time.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
    First of all, the flat is in sub-direction, which means it gets automatically strike off.
    And even if this flat had not been in sub-direction, there is kitchen in NE, which is very bad.
    With these 2 issues grave enough, you should avoid buying this flat.

Hi RA,

Thanks for your response!

I changed the layout of kitchen slightly, so now it has kitchen sink in NE (mainly in East) and Cooker in SE, which I think it is bit better than earlier. But yeah still the flat is in sub-direction. Do you still think I should not live in thsi flat due to sub-direction issue?

Cheers
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    Thanks for your inputs... However, as you know, if the toilet is present in this layout, then it will be present in all other flats in this tower too. Unfortunately, this size is not available other towers of this project.

If a remedy cannot undo the negativity of this layout, then alas, i have to go back to the search road again.... Will blocking this toilet not solve the issue.

Actually, blocking this toilet would have worked if it had been row house or similar. Incase of flat, even if you don't use it, people above &/or below you will use it, thus harming this pious area. Man, so many flats here have been rejected due to NE toilet, cut or kitchen.
    No matter how well rest of the things are, NE has to be free from major defects, of which toilet is one. Now since we can't make everyone in building agree to block this toilet, it is better to scout for something better.

But one thing which I can certainly say is that you are on correct track. All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ikaushik1
    Thanks RA for your valuable response. I have one question, since have already booked this flat, can I have some remedy for this.

Remedies are there but multiple issues are there & no human remedies can fight off nature's law. If only booking has been done, then other option is to see better flat in the same project & make correction deed with builder on INR 100/- stamp paper & change the flat. Simple solution with long term effects.

One more thing, the toilet is not in north east. The terrace is at north east direction.

When we talk about directions, its not just corners but we need to divide entire house in 9 equal parts. Here, terrace is exactly in NE, but part of toi/bath attached to M.bed also falls in NE part, which is bad.
    CommentQuote