Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vj0real
    thanks RA for your valuable inputs.
    > will ensure bed is not exactly below water tank.

Good.

> yes, you read it right - its 1st floor room and not 2nd (my typo). my parents want to live only on ground floor. I will then make the room on top as veranda cum store for light weight items. Ok?

If your parents want to stay in SW room only on ground floor, then you have no option but to stay yourself on first floor in SW. Problem is whatever occupies SW rules the house. If you make it store room in SW, it may lead to cluttering issues, which is not good. Store room should ideally be in South.
    Btw, if you are running the house, its ok even if you occupy SW on higher floor if your parents refuse to shift.

> In NE, there was nothing, now I am constructing children studyroom and then in front a porch for doing havan/pooja (this will be exact NE corner). completing this corner will make my house a square or rectangle.

Good.

> brahmstaan is in the lobby cum living, nothing is built nor any furniture kept in that portion.

Good.

> also someone told me to install iron wire from new water-tank top to SE corner pole to NW corner pole and back to water tank to form a triangle. This will make SW to be higher than SE and SE pole to be higher than NE by 1 feet each. Whats your input.

Actually this is 'Jugaad' ;), still better than nothing.

> staircase is in NW corner (S to N & then turn W to E). stair count is 17. I do not have an option to change/break this or make new one.

In this case, please do the following :-

> Entire area including ceiling needs to be pure white in colour.
    > Install white light (cfl, led whatever) here & light it in evenings.
    > Use authentic 'Rudrakshamala' & keep it here. It can be kept either below or above staircase. Just ensure you don't put in floor/stairs directly. Keep it on a stand.

> Can bathroom mirror be on south side wall of bathroom.

No never. Neither in bathroom or any room.
    Ideally, they should be in NE part of bathroom or room on North wall. Second option is East wall. This means we should face North or East while looking in mirror.

> in my bedroom major sunlight comes from window in West side wall and lesser light from North ventilator.

Nothing major at all. Its fine. Just use dark coloured curtains, especially in shades of brown for West wall. It will also help to cut UV rays.
    This though is very minor issue, & its fine. Don't worry about it.

Hope your queries are cleared, else do post your queries here & I will be happy to reply them.
    Cheers.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guyinnoida
    Thanks RA for your valuable suggestions. Will surely look for options to shift and will trouble you again for your advice.

Thanks a lot..

Certainly man, you are always welcome to bother me for Vaastu purpose.
    All the best for your house hunt. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by msisodia1020
    Dear RA
    I am a bit confused about entry to this flat (marked in Brown). This is a big project with many towers and low rise apartments,
    Plot is North facing. Entrance to Plot is from North.
    This tower is in north-east quadrant of the plot. There is a highrise tower exactly opposite to this tower in North. On East, there are low rises. On west, there is another high rise. IN south, there is open space. Main Entrance to tower is from North & another entrance is in East.
    This tower has 4 flats. I am looking at a flat above 10th floor in north east corner. However, entrance is in South west.
    Can you share how the impact of main entrance is as per Vaastu (Project entrance is North, Tower entrance is North, Flat entrance is SW, but both directions blocked by other flats)?

Thanks.

Actually when you are looking to buy a flat, the emphasis should be only on flat of your interest than entire project. The good & bad effects of layout of project is shared amongst all the buyers, so you are only affected fractionally, be it positively or otherwise.

What impacts you majorly is the flat which you buy &/or stay in it.

Since floor plan of flat has not been posted, I won't be able to comment in details.
    However, since you said that entrance of flat is in SW, it is best to avoid this flat since SW is the worst entrance for any property, be it house, plot, office etc.

Hence, avoid this flat & scout for something better, either in same project or other one.
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kanchan620
    Dear RA,

Can you give your opinion for Flat D001 in attached property Image. Flat is in costruction stage intrenal modification is possible .where is Ideal location of pooja room in this Flat.

Looking at the floor plan, I think this flat must be in some South India city, coz only there builders adhere largely to Vaastushastra perspective compared to their Northern counterparts.

In your house, the pooja room has to be ideally in NE part. Other options is North & East.
    So, you can have it anywhere on North wall of living since it shouldn't be bang in front of entrance door & neither adjoining to kitchen wall.

So either on left side of duct in living room or other safer option is to have it in NE corner of guest bedroom. This will place it in North part of the house as well as you will face East while doing pooja. This room is free from attached bath/toi which is very good.

Just ensure that you create a wooden partition (or glass + wood for better aesthetics if required) here so that bed is not seen while doing pooja & vice-versa. This creates a small room within a room.

However, if there is not going to be any bed in guest bedroom, then no need for any partition & single wooden plank of small cupoard for keeping pooja items, holy books can be made so that pooja ghar is not directly seen from entrance door. You can even have study room here with computer & all.

And I must say this is one of good floor plans I have seen in recent times. :)
    Cheers & let me know if you have any additional questions.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vasudeobkhot
    Hello,
    Can anybody give me suggestions, how this flat is which I am going to book, If there is any issue can it be rectified with remidies?
    Please refer the attached drawing, in which the flat is marked with Black square and with direction. the degree of angle is about 15 Deg. The link to the builder is
    Thanks in advance.

2 major problems :-

> NE has major cut or rather almost absent. This is just like headless body,
    > Entrance is in SE, East facing. This burns all good opportunities in your life.

However, the first point of NE cut is enough to reject this flat, even if given by builder for free.
    Scout for something better.
    All the best.

And its my humble request to all that whenever you search for a flat, do let builder & his sales team know that Vaastushastra norms are important criterion for you. And if you do reject the flat due to it, let builder team know accordingly.
    Though this may not help you immediately, the builder will be then forced to construct flats & projects as per Vaastushastra norms, which will benefit all the buyers (& even builders building as per
    Vaastushastra norms) in long run.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi RA,

Thanks for your response!

I changed the layout of kitchen slightly, so now it has kitchen sink in NE (mainly in East) and Cooker in SE, which I think it is bit better than earlier. But yeah still the flat is in sub-direction. Do you still think I should not live in thsi flat due to sub-direction issue?

Cheers
    Anuj

Appreciate the changes which you are doing. However, even if kitchen sink, stove etc. is changed, what about the toi/bath in North ??

As long as bath/toi is there in N-NE, it won't impact much even if kitchen sink is shifted. And since this is the only bath/toi, no other option is available either.
    Sub-direction issue too is serious & so is having toi/bath in North. Both these things adversely impact financial issues as well as hinder overall progress in life. Staying here on long terms is not good for health either due to geopathic stress created due to non-alignment of house with earth's magnetic field.
    Other issues like wrong placement of M.bed in NW, living room in S-SW is also not good either.

It would be ideally better if you rent some other Vaastu +ve house, experience positive changes & then decide to sell this flat & buy elsewhere.
    All the best man. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    2 major problems :-

> NE has major cut or rather almost absent. This is just like headless body,
    > Entrance is in SE, East facing. This burns all good opportunities in your life.

However, the first point of NE cut is enough to reject this flat, even if given by builder for free.
    Scout for something better.
    All the best.

And its my humble request to all that whenever you search for a flat, do let builder & his sales team know that Vaastushastra norms are important criterion for you. And if you do reject the flat due to it, let builder team know accordingly.
    Though this may not help you immediately, the builder will be then forced to construct flats & projects as per Vaastushastra norms, which will benefit all the buyers (& even builders building as per Vaastushastra norms) in long run.

Thanks for your feedback. will follow ur request.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Thanks for your feedback. You are totally correct; this Flat is in Bangalore city.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Could you please look at the attached picture of a flat and give your opinion on the two possible locations of the pooja cabinet placement (A and B). In both cases, the worshipper would be facing East while performing pooja. Pooja cabinet is denoted by Aum symbol.

If both A and B are not acceptable, could you please suggest an alternative.

thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Position A looks good as its best that pooja be in NE position
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    Hope everything is fine at your end
    I, had one doubt in mind
    Pls. help me clear the same
    My father had bought a flat in 2012
    We never resided in this flat but have given the same on rent
    It’s a south facing flat
    As you mentioned in earlier posts that even if you don’t reside in the flat still the owner face effects of the same
    Image attached for your kind reference
    Pls. let me know how is the flat as per vaastu and also remedies
    We don’t intend to shift in the flat and will be either vacant or on rent
    Thanks
    Regards
    Ameet
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

As of now you are in such a big messed up house that no matter where you shift, it will be anytime better than your current one. This is like saying pick-pocket is better than terrorists. Hope you got my point.
    I have seen cases like yours & they have experienced good change within 3 months after they simply left their bad house. You too will see good change.
    You are here itself shows that times are changing for good for you. :)

Dear RA,

Thanks for all your advise ... based on your advise, we did move out of our place into a rental - and yes things did change in 90 days (even all the efforts in 2+ year were not helping and somehow things started to fall into place during this period) ... much better. Cannot complain.

There maybe people who do not believe in Vaastu ... I can say that till year before I did not either ... now I would say it does not hurt to do at least some basic check - if any knowledge has survived even after few thousand years there must be a reason.:)

Once again thanks RA - you have made a difference for us! I am sure I will continue to seek your advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA, thank you very much.

? these stairs go from ground to first. the other set of stairs that go from 1st to 2nd floor (these are in North of house) - should I do them also white/silver all around. (2nd floor is only roof, no rooms)

warm regards.

Originally Posted by realacres
    Good.

If your parents want to stay in SW room only on ground floor, then you have no option but to stay yourself on first floor in SW. Problem is whatever occupies SW rules the house. If you make it store room in SW, it may lead to cluttering issues, which is not good. Store room should ideally be in South.
    Btw, if you are running the house, its ok even if you occupy SW on higher floor if your parents refuse to shift.

Good.

Good.

Actually this is 'Jugaad' ;), still better than nothing.

In this case, please do the following :-

> Entire area including ceiling needs to be pure white in colour.
    > Install white light (cfl, led whatever) here & light it in evenings.
    > Use authentic 'Rudrakshamala' & keep it here. It can be kept either below or above staircase. Just ensure you don't put in floor/stairs directly. Keep it on a stand.

No never. Neither in bathroom or any room.
    Ideally, they should be in NE part of bathroom or room on North wall. Second option is East wall. This means we should face North or East while looking in mirror.

Nothing major at all. Its fine. Just use dark coloured curtains, especially in shades of brown for West wall. It will also help to cut UV rays.
    This though is very minor issue, & its fine. Don't worry about it.

Hope your queries are cleared, else do post your queries here & I will be happy to reply them.
    Cheers.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Further to your advice, have been looking for options. Please look at the attached layout and let me know your views..

Thanks for your help,
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    Pl tell me what is the second option for cooking platform in a kitchen?
    Regds,
    Santdas54
    CommentQuote