Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by murugahari
    Dear All

Please suggest Vastu

regards
    Hari

Major flaws :-

> Entrance is South facing at centre of south,
    > Toi in North,
    > M.bed in NE-E,
    > Kitchen in NW.

Overall, the layout isn't good & hence not good to buy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nkm2793
    Dear RA,

Its very difficult to find vastu compliant house nowadays.I am searching it from last six months but still not found who is fully vastu compliant.Somehow,I have short-listed two floor plans but still not confident that should I go for it or not,Pl advise

Yes, its true that finding a good Vaastu compliant house is difficult but its worth the wait than to buy & regret later. I too have experienced the difficulties in finding Vaastu complaint flats, especially in West & North India, thanks to builders who are unlike their Southern counterpart.

Coming to your floor plan 1, these are the issues :-

> Around 30% of kitchen in brahmasthan,
    > Half the common bath/toi in brahmasthan,
    > Almost entire absence of NW & SE areas.

Entrance, location of bedrooms is good but overall, this is not a good flat as per Vaastu norms especially due to brahmasthan issues & major cuts & hence better to avoid it.

For floor plan 2 :-

> NW is almost absent due to big cut,
    > Significant cut in SW and SE,
    > About 30% cut in North,
    > Both the bath/toi are partially in brahmasthan.
    > Overall, except for NE, all rest have major cuts, SE, SW & NW. This is certainly not a balanced flat & with issues with brahmasthan, things don't look good either.

As incase above, entrance, drawing room & balcony are well placed but due to imbalance for reasons mentioned, it is not advisable to buy this flat either.

To conclude, scout for something better, you are getting closer.
    Cheers. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hegdeshailu
    Dear please let me know the vaastu compliance of my new flat. Just under construction and they said full flats are vaastu compliance.

There is toilet in NE. This is a head-less body.
    This one reason is enough to reject this flat.
    Wonder how builders claim it to be vaastu complaint.

Don't buy even if builder offers for free.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    Hi RA, in the time my quest for Vasstu compliant residence continues, i wanted your valuable inputs and remedies for the current flat where i'm residing on rent. I understand it has some flaws like vidisha dosh, toilet in North etc. If possible, i wud like to understand any remedy which can lower the negativities in the house till i can move out of this place. Layout attached. Thanks.

> Place raw sea salt (samudri namak) in a bowl in all toi/bath & change it after 15 days,
    > A rudraksha mala in NE-East of flat alongwith black tourmaline stone,
    > A sphatik stone in kitchen. Ensure you buy this in day time & place it in day time.

But there is no solution for major cut in NE & SW. Hence, without wasting anytime further, move out of this house ASAP.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SonalSugndha
    Hi Vastu Experts ,Please provide me your input for the attached floor plan . North direction is mentioned in the plan but a bit deviated about 15 degree. We are considering flat number 201.

In case of flat 201,

> The entrance lobby has 5 corners, at entrance itself such major flaw is seen. Energy never remains in harmony in such cases.

> Though kitchen is correct in SE, the NE of the flat has been cut due to adjoining flat's bedroom & its attached bath/toi. This essentially means a major cut in NE, which is extremely bad,

> SW has bath/toi which is again very bad since most of resources get wasted in such cases. The m.bed in NW is not good either.

Overall, only the location of living & kitchen is good. Major cut in NE & bath/toi in SW are enough to reject this flat.

So scout for better, all the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AK2007
    Dear RA,

Thanks for all your advise ... based on your advise, we did move out of our place into a rental - and yes things did change in 90 days (even all the efforts in 2+ year were not helping and somehow things started to fall into place during this period) ... much better. Cannot complain.

There maybe people who do not believe in Vaastu ... I can say that till year before I did not either ... now I would say it does not hurt to do at least some basic check - if any knowledge has survived even after few thousand years there must be a reason.:)

Once again thanks RA - you have made a difference for us! I am sure I will continue to seek your advise.

Thank you for updating and really I am very happy to know about this. :)

Now sell off your house ASAP, the positive impact will be even greater & please do share your experiences especially with those who feel they are stuck somewhere despite trying their level best, be it wealth, career or health.
    Many a times, medical reports are normal but still person suffers, be it migraine, heart or even general weakness. Most often the issue lies in their house &/or properties they own (including land).

You are always welcome to write in if you have any questions, all the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    First of all, thanks for thinking about pooja room. Appreciate it. :)
    The floor plan too, is very good as per Vaastushastra.

Ideal location for pooja ghar is in NE, which is position A.

Please do the following :-

> Place the pooja ghar on floor, around 1 feet above the floor by using wooden platform,

> Create a small partition, be it wood, glass or both between this pooja ghar & living room.

Any guest or anyone outside your family should not have direct access to pooja room, nor shall it be visible publicly.

** PS :- The partition need not be full floor to ceiling one but height should be such that it should not be visible.

Dear RA,
    Many thanks for your advice . I am attaching a couple of sample ideas which I collected from net. final design will need carpenter's input too ! so will need to wait for some time.

regards,
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Experts, please share your comments (vastu defects and remedies) on the layout below. The section of project layout and flat layout that is purchased in highlighted in red. Thanks for your time and attention.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    In case of flat 201,

> The entrance lobby has 5 corners, at entrance itself such major flaw is seen. Energy never remains in harmony in such cases.

> Though kitchen is correct in SE, the NE of the flat has been cut due to adjoining flat's bedroom & its attached bath/toi. This essentially means a major cut in NE, which is extremely bad,

> SW has bath/toi which is again very bad since most of resources get wasted in such cases. The m.bed in NW is not good either.

Overall, only the location of living & kitchen is good. Major cut in NE & bath/toi in SW are enough to reject this flat.

So scout for better, all the best.

After your suggestion we re looked at the floor plan.Can you please provide input for flat no 204(in green border).

I have a few more question.
    1.I read that kitchen in North-East is not good.But can the effect be reduced if we cook in the area marked red in the layout.2
    2.Will the toilet of adjacent house affect the vaastu of our flat?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • HI RA, New layout w/o Vidisha Dosh however with toilet in NE. Your Analysis will be appreciated.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinst1
    Dear RA,
    Many thanks for your advice . I am attaching a couple of sample ideas which I collected from net. final design will need carpenter's input too ! so will need to wait for some time.

regards,

Go with the 2nd option. Its fantastic.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by soarer
    Vastu Experts, please share your comments (vastu defects and remedies) on the layout below. The section of project layout and flat layout that is purchased in highlighted in red. Thanks for your time and attention.

Few things needed to be done to reduce the vaastu doshas in the flat :-

> Place a 4x4 inches silver swastika above the entrance door frame from outside,

> A sphatik stone in kitchen placed in glass bowl & besides it place some mud in earthen bowl. No need to change either of these, just on regular basis clean the sphatik stone,

> Raw sea salt/samudri namak in all bath/toi in a bowl & change it after every 15 days,

> The m.bed is in NW. The bedroom needs to be pure white in colour & place the bed in such a way that the head is towards the South,

> Place black tourmaline stone in living room. It can be kept even on a shelf. Ensure you keep it clean.

> Place a pooja ghar in NE bedroom in NE corner of it. This will help to make the house lot more positive. You can also have study room alongwith it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SonalSugndha
    After your suggestion we re looked at the floor plan.Can you please provide input for flat no 204(in green border).

I have a few more question.
    1.I read that kitchen in North-East is not good.But can the effect be reduced if we cook in the area marked red in the layout.2

Kitchen in NE is very bad.
    Even if you place the gas stove in SE of kitchen, it still remains in NE of the house.
    Placements first should be seen from complete house perspective & then for more precision from room's perspective.

2.Will the toilet of adjacent house affect the vaastu of our flat?

Yes, it does impact & that's why its said that there should be no common walls between the flats. Somehow, a common wall with another room of adjoining flat is fine but toilet is big no. However, the impact is not 100% since its not owned by you & incase of flats, one should focus on own flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    HI RA, New layout w/o Vidisha Dosh however with toilet in NE. Your Analysis will be appreciated.

There are 2 major flaws :-

> Toilet + cut in NE,
    > Significant part of kitchen in brahmasthan.

No matter even if flat is aligned to proper directions, with toi in NE, it means a dead house.
    Don't buy this even for free.

all,

Sorry for delayed replies here. Since I was traveling for over a week, couldn't reply earlier.
    CommentQuote
    Kitchen in NE is very bad.
    Even if you place the gas stove in SE of kitchen, it still remains in NE of the house.
    Placements first should be seen from complete house perspective & then for more precision from room's perspective.

Yes, it does impact & that's why its said that there should be no common walls between the flats. Somehow, a common wall with another room of adjoining flat is fine but toilet is big no. However, the impact is not 100% since its not owned by you & incase of flats, one should focus on own flat.

Hi RealAcres,

Sorry for my ignorance.I missed pointing out earlier that there is tilt of around 16 degree.I have reattached the floor plan.Please provide your input.This flat fits in my budget so I was inclined towards buying it,but if there are major flaws then I can back out.Please let me know if I can go ahead or leave this flat.

And i really appreciate the effort you are putting in.A big thanks to you :).
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote