Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by prakum
    Hi RA,

We have been living in this house in UK for a year now and would like to do any changes needed to make it vaastu compliant.

The house is north east facing with porch as the main entrance of the house (so porch is north east facing.) . Attaching the plan. We are presently using the bedroom with attched bathroom as the master bedroom (the one on south east wall). Could you please let us know what changes to make and where to move the rooms around to make it vaastu compliant. Thanks.

Prakum... In case u didnt notice, RA left this platform sometime back. You may need to consult someone else. Alternatively, u may also check vaastuindex.com site to get some info.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by warrior047
    Hello all,
    Request your help as its urgent. We are planning to take an East facing flat and attached is the plan. Entrance is around 55-75 degrees northeast and not exactly 90 degrees east, when checked with phone compass. The flat has an open corridor on the east side which extends till the lift on south east end. Puja is in north east extension.

Am also planning to have a grill door where the corridor ends on south side of entrance corridor. Please let me know if there is any dosha w.r.to south east/North east or anything else.

Hi warrior047;

Vaastu of the flat seems good enough, as you have mandir in North East and kitchen in South East. Entrance also seems to be fine, but can’t say much about it as effect of entrance changes after every 11.25 degrees and degree you have mentioned has variation of 20 degrees. As for grill door in south side, shouldn’t be of Iron or you can paint it in off-white or brown color to remove it’s bad effects.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prakum
    Hi RA,

We have been living in this house in UK for a year now and would like to do any changes needed to make it vaastu compliant.

The house is north east facing with porch as the main entrance of the house (so porch is north east facing.) . Attaching the plan. We are presently using the bedroom with attched bathroom as the master bedroom (the one on south east wall). Could you please let us know what changes to make and where to move the rooms around to make it vaastu compliant. Thanks.

Hey prakum;

Entrance is the door to your life. North East entrance more towards north gives you high bank balance if that's the effect you are having and South toilet is not letting you relax and have sound sleep in life, get your home analysed from Vaastu consultant only do the necessary changes.
    South East bedroom is not necessarily a problem it gives you confidence and fire to go ahead in life. You should only do the changes in the direction where problem lies.

I hope your query is answered.
    CommentQuote
  • Attached is the layout plan where we are living right now - 5th top floor.
    While you enter from the main door, we face south side. Terrace is open on the west side with 7' high wall.
    Even though all members of the family are earning, still not able to save much.
    Both sons are not settling in career, got good opportunities but not able to settle.
    Please suggest
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,
    I had purchased a under construction Flat, whose main entrance is East-South, more towards East. Direction of the Building is South-West , more towards South,Map is attcahed, pls give some suggestions to improve our Vastu.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Prakum,

This is a diagonal house since sub-directions have taken the place of main directions. I am attaching an image of ideal diagonal house as per vastu shastra with the comment.; hope and believe that it'll help you big time..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hey GPriya,

It's absolutely correct that it's virtually impossible to make a 100% vastu compliant house. however, having said that, what one must look into while buying a house is the maximum percentage of vastu compliance..

As you said that you've got a South facing house, now, most of the people will tell you that a South facing house is the worst thing that can happen to you, but that's truly not the case.. you must know that as per vastu shastra, none of the directions is considered bad as far as facing of the house is concerned.. hence even a South facing house can be very very auspicious (provided it follows vastu principles)

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Alka S
    Attached is the layout plan where we are living right now - 5th top floor.
    While you enter from the main door, we face south side. Terrace is open on the west side with 7' high wall.
    Both sons are not settling in career, got good opportunities but not able to settle.
    Please suggest

Your house looks good. I would love to have a terrace like you.

The house has no relation to your sons success. Ask them to work hard and keep trying.
    CommentQuote
  • Suggestions please ...

My plot has a road on the west side.

Main entrance to home is north (center to slightly east)

Two other side smaller entrances/exiting doors are in the east (towards north) and west (central to very slightly north).

DOB year is 1982 for me and 1987 for my wife.

If I calculate the pada – West Road, North main entrance (5th pada slightly toward east)
    West Side entrance (smaller door – 5th pada, slightly towards north)
    East side entrance (smaller door – 3rd pada towards north)

Is that good/auspicious? Any changes recommended as far as doors go?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Alka S
    Attached is the layout plan where we are living right now - 5th top floor.
    Please suggest

Hello Alka S;

As per the attached plan open area is good, provided there are no plants in that direction. You have not mentioned the exact degree of north , I am assuming it is exact 180 degree if you take it facing your entrance.

The kitchen in east doesn’t give much gains, for that you can put green slab under the burner. For the career of the sons, I have to know that problem is because of low confidence or poor skills and which room they are using. As I can see one toilet is in South of South East which can give confidence problem or may be there are plants in South West which can give problem in using once skills and saving money. Until I know the exact reasons I cannot suggest you much. May be I satisfied you with the answered.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by babbuaditya
    Hi all,
    I had purchased a under construction Flat, whose main entrance is East-South, more towards East. Direction of the Building is South-West , more towards South,Map is attcahed, pls give some suggestions to improve our Vastu.

Hi babbuaditya;

As per your plan you have entrance in East of North East which is good entrance, the kitchen is also in right direction.

You can have prosperous and healthy life in it provided right use of colors is done as per direction and placements of objects like cash, God figures or dustbin is done as per directions. Hope I answered your query satisfactorily.
    CommentQuote
  • help.. please . thank you.

My plot has a road on the west side.

Main entrance to home is north (center to slightly east)

Two other side smaller entrances/exiting doors are in the east (towards north) and west (central to very slightly north).

DOB year is 1982 for me and 1987 for my wife.

If I calculate the pada – West Road, North main entrance (5th pada slightly toward east)
    West Side entrance (smaller door – 5th pada, slightly towards north)
    East side entrance (smaller door – 3rd pada towards north)

Is that good/auspicious? Any changes recommended as far as doors go?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Leena S for your reply. Can u pls suggest me the colors and placements of objects which will help me as far as vastu is concerned.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by babbuaditya
    Thanks Leena S for your reply. Can u pls suggest me the colors and placements of objects which will help me as far as vastu is concerned.

@babbuaditya

Get on with life and don't fall in this Vaastu Trap.

If you do believe in superstition, then best and convenient (and tasty) one to follow is Nirmal Baba's remedy of Samosa with Green Chutney.
    CommentQuote