Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rajeshkh
    After reading through this thread i understand that the flat i purchased has lot of negatives. I would like to hear from the experts on the pros and cons of the attached plan. Also if there is any remedies please let me know. Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Will reply after completing the post for Priyadarshi. Till then, stop sleeping in NE bedroom ASAP. Will revert for pros & cons with remedies, if possible (critical vastudosha don't have remedies).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DSaloni
    I was wondering does Vastu Shatra apply to the USA homes also ?

As i beleive Vastu is more about cosmic engergy, sun rise/ sunset directions, winds direction .... So these tips which apply for Indian houses will be different for USA home or than our they same ?

Plz answer Realacres

Dsaloni,

Irrespective of the place, the sunrise, sunset, flow of gravitational force, effects of magnetic force are universal. Hence, what is mentioned in Vastushastra is applicable across the globe & this is the beauty of this science, unlike Feng Shui.
    Man, the sun rises in East even in US & gravitational force has same qualities too.

Btw, I know few cases where people staying in US have built their homes according to Vastu principles & are getting good results due to it :).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Will reply after completing the post for Priyadarshi. Till then, stop sleeping in NE bedroom ASAP. Will revert for pros & cons with remedies, if possible (critical vastudosha don't have remedies).

Thank you RA! We haven't moved in yet, the construction is getting closer to the finish. As you said we'll drop the plan of using the NE Bedroom as the Master Bedroom.
    Thanks much!
    Rajesh
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA.

Do you have any basic tips for house in USA ?

Let me know

If have already bought a home and moving next week.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Dear Priyadarshi,

Please see the image below. I have completed the analysis of floor plan. I will explain to you the details for the same in detail in a day.

Thanks RA,I wil wait for the detailed post.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

After going through this thread, I've realized that my apartment has many negatives like the main entry and location of the master bedroom etc.

Request you to please provide your expert opinion and also please suggest as to what further course of action / remedies might be taken based on VS.

Regards,
    Vishal
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajeshkh
    Thank you RA! We haven't moved in yet, the construction is getting closer to the finish. As you said we'll drop the plan of using the NE Bedroom as the Master Bedroom.
    Thanks much!
    Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

As the flat is still under constro & you haven't shifted, I would then strongly recommend you to swap this flat with some other coz this flat has too many probs. Check what the builder says, a simple correction deed would do the trick.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DSaloni
    Thanks RA.

Do you have any basic tips for house in USA ?

Let me know

If have already bought a home and moving next week.

As said before, be it US or any other country, the tips for the property according to VS remains universal. Whatever are the tips for India hold true for US as well. You can find several tips on this section of the IREF.
    CommentQuote
  • Priyadarshi flat reading

Hello Priyadarshi,

Here is the analysis of your flat:-

> The NE corner is cut, which is not good. However, entire NE is not cut. To reduce (& not nullify) ill-effects of NE cut, place a mirror on North wall in lobby as shown in yellow color,

> Small part of brahmasthan falls into bathroom. As the area is minor, ensure that no heavy things are put in bathroom where it falls in brahmasthan (shown in blue lines), nor put any geyser there. Mirror is OK. Remember to put raw salt in earthen bowl here & change it after every 15 days. Use exhaust fan everytime bathroom is used,

> The wardrobes/cupboards are shown in brown color. They should be placed on west/south walls after which there doors will open east/north facing. Placing these things in west & south also makes these directions heavy compared to east & north which is very good,

> Dressing room in m.bed is again shown in yellow color with mirror. Ensure that the bed is not seen in the mirror, if not then before going to sleep put some cloth on the mirror. This has to be in NE.

> The NW cupboard in m.bed can be used to store light weight items like hanky, socks, napkins etc. However, don't make money drawer/safe here.

> Safe (Tijori) has to be in SW part of the house. In your case, you have to put it in extreme corner of the bedroom near the bed. The door should open facing towards north,

> The normal cash drawer has to be in North of the house, again opening facing North as this is the direction of Kuber,

> The beds have been shown in blue color & the pillows have been kept on it as well. Sleep exactly in this form, good for your health as you sleeping with head at south,

> In living, the TV unit can be put as shown in purple color. However, ensure that the furniture around TV is not heavy as it is the NE part of the living room,

> Ensure there is no furniture in NE part of all the rooms, if at all, it has to be very light weight. Dressing table & mirror can be done here & placing mirror on Northern wall in NE part of room/house is good,

> The seating arrangement is as shown in green color in living room. This way, the west & south of living become heavy & whenever you sit, you face east or north. See a small part of seating arrangement goes in brahmasthan, so better if you put avoid putting heavy furniture at that corner,

> The ideal direction for temple is shown by single triangle, but it comes in living room which is public place. Mandir room should be private & restricted for the use of family members only, hence placing it in living won't be good, though the position here is fantastic. Therefore, the second option is to have the prayer room in the other bedroom, shown in 2 orange triangles. As the bathroom door directly faces the mandir, ensure there is some wooden partition done so as to block the view of the mandir from bathroom as shown in orange color rectangle. Ideally, the door should have been elsewhere but as it is not possible, do the needful as said above,

> The bedroom where mandir is placed should be ideally used as study room, more so as it is in North part which is good for study,

> Keep a water fountain/bowl with flowers in entrance lobby as shown in pink color near mirror. It enhances prosperity. Remember to change the water only daily basis,

> In kitchen, the stove should be in SE & sink in NE. IF this is not there, put some soil in clay bowl & place it between stove & sink. The earth element will separate water & fire this way. Cook on the platform facing east.

Some universal Vastu tips:-

> Put wall clocks only on northern walls,

> Ensure you put a pendulum clock on eastern wall, preferably in the area between North to NE &/OR NE to East. This will bring in lot of opportunities,

> Never place a wall clock above the door,

> Never place a Ganesh photo outside the entrance door. This way, his back faces the house & his back is the place of a-laxmi/poverty. Again, it is not good to put god images outside the house while you sit in comfort inside. The photo of ganesh etc. has to be placed above the door frame from inside.

> Never use nails to install curtain rods, clocks etc. It is like hammering into the Vastu. Use brass screws instead.

Hope this helps. For any further queries, feel free to revert.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishu_vm
    Hi,

After going through this thread, I've realized that my apartment has many negatives like the main entry and location of the master bedroom etc.

Request you to please provide your expert opinion and also please suggest as to what further course of action / remedies might be taken based on VS.

Regards,
    Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Some tips for your house:-

> Place a copper swastika above the entrance door from outside,

> Make the entrance door of brown color,

> Make the living room as heavy as possible, has to be the most heaviest in your house,

> Make L shape platform so that one can cook facing east. Cooking facing North burns out wealth,

> Bath/toilets are OK, no probs with that,

> The bedroom choices are east, NE & NW; all are not good for M.bed. However, amongst these, use NW one, paint it completely white in color,

> As m.bed is not in SW, keep the pic of the head of family in SW room. Here your living room,

> Place mandir in NE corner of the bedroom of NE, it can double up as study room as well,

> Last but not the least, keep a Tulsi plant in your balcony.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot RA for the detailed explanation.I will go into the details and come back to you in case of queries.I love particularly the added advices for Global Vastu tips at the end which can be very handy for everyone in the forum.
    I can ask for a small point now.For the 2nd option given for Puja room,can any temporary partition using some kind of plywood etc solve the issue of bathroom opening towards the idols?

Thanks
    Priyadarshi

Originally Posted by realacres
    Hello Priyadarshi,

Here is the analysis of your flat:-

> The NE corner is cut, which is not good. However, entire NE is not cut. To reduce (& not nullify) ill-effects of NE cut, place a mirror on North wall in lobby as shown in yellow color,

> Small part of brahmasthan falls into bathroom. As the area is minor, ensure that no heavy things are put in bathroom where it falls in brahmasthan (shown in blue lines), nor put any geyser there. Mirror is OK. Remember to put raw salt in earthen bowl here & change it after every 15 days. Use exhaust fan everytime bathroom is used,

> The wardrobes/cupboards are shown in brown color. They should be placed on west/south walls after which there doors will open east/north facing. Placing these things in west & south also makes these directions heavy compared to east & north which is very good,

> Dressing room in m.bed is again shown in yellow color with mirror. Ensure that the bed is not seen in the mirror, if not then before going to sleep put some cloth on the mirror. This has to be in NE.

> The NW cupboard in m.bed can be used to store light weight items like hanky, socks, napkins etc. However, don't make money drawer/safe here.

> Safe (Tijori) has to be in SW part of the house. In your case, you have to put it in extreme corner of the bedroom near the bed. The door should open facing towards north,

> The normal cash drawer has to be in North of the house, again opening facing North as this is the direction of Kuber,

> The beds have been shown in blue color & the pillows have been kept on it as well. Sleep exactly in this form, good for your health as you sleeping with head at south,

> In living, the TV unit can be put as shown in purple color. However, ensure that the furniture around TV is not heavy as it is the NE part of the living room,

> Ensure there is no furniture in NE part of all the rooms, if at all, it has to be very light weight. Dressing table & mirror can be done here & placing mirror on Northern wall in NE part of room/house is good,

> The seating arrangement is as shown in green color in living room. This way, the west & south of living become heavy & whenever you sit, you face east or north. See a small part of seating arrangement goes in brahmasthan, so better if you put avoid putting heavy furniture at that corner,

> The ideal direction for temple is shown by single triangle, but it comes in living room which is public place. Mandir room should be private & restricted for the use of family members only, hence placing it in living won't be good, though the position here is fantastic. Therefore, the second option is to have the prayer room in the other bedroom, shown in 2 orange triangles. As the bathroom door directly faces the mandir, ensure there is some wooden partition done so as to block the view of the mandir from bathroom as shown in orange color rectangle. Ideally, the door should have been elsewhere but as it is not possible, do the needful as said above,

> The bedroom where mandir is placed should be ideally used as study room, more so as it is in North part which is good for study,

> Keep a water fountain/bowl with flowers in entrance lobby as shown in pink color near mirror. It enhances prosperity. Remember to change the water only daily basis,

> In kitchen, the stove should be in SE & sink in NE. IF this is not there, put some soil in clay bowl & place it between stove & sink. The earth element will separate water & fire this way. Cook on the platform facing east.

Some universal Vastu tips:-

> Put wall clocks only on northern walls,

> Ensure you put a pendulum clock on eastern wall, preferably in the area between North to NE &/OR NE to East. This will bring in lot of opportunities,

> Never place a wall clock above the door,

> Never place a Ganesh photo outside the entrance door. This way, his back faces the house & his back is the place of a-laxmi/poverty. Again, it is not good to put god images outside the house while you sit in comfort inside. The photo of ganesh etc. has to be placed above the door frame from inside.

> Never use nails to install curtain rods, clocks etc. It is like hammering into the Vastu. Use brass screws instead.

Hope this helps. For any further queries, feel free to revert.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks so much RA.

It may not be possible to get the L shaped slab in the kitchen as the builder is a very reputed one.

The apartment is currently under construction, so is there anything else you shall suggest.

Regards,
    Vishal
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

I have approached the builder earlier for swapping the flat and seems like it is not possible as all the flats are sold out and registration also completed. There is no other way but for live with it. I was too naive while taking this decisions and regretting now.

Thank You!

Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi Rajesh,

As the flat is still under constro & you haven't shifted, I would then strongly recommend you to swap this flat with some other coz this flat has too many probs. Check what the builder says, a simple correction deed would do the trick.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by priyadarshi06
    Thanks a lot RA for the detailed explanation.I will go into the details and come back to you in case of queries.I love particularly the added advices for Global Vastu tips at the end which can be very handy for everyone in the forum.
    I can ask for a small point now.For the 2nd option given for Puja room,can any temporary partition using some kind of plywood etc solve the issue of bathroom opening towards the idols?

Thanks
    Priyadarshi

Sure, you can have temp partition for pooja room. I am not asking you to build a wall there. A wood should-suffice, but make sure that it has proper laminate/vineer especially in white, cream or light yellow color. Don't keep plywood raw.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishu_vm
    Thanks so much RA.

It may not be possible to get the L shaped slab in the kitchen as the builder is a very reputed one.

The apartment is currently under construction, so is there anything else you shall suggest.

Regards,
    Vishal

You have to get this done & being under-constro, it should be done. If builder doesn't agree, pay something to the supervisor & contractor & get the job done. Man, you are buying a flat & even if this small thing can't be done, the builder is not reputed but hopeless especially when it concerns Vastu part & not anything fancy.
    CommentQuote