Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Can anyone tell if having a shamshaan around 500 mtrs from the society is good for Vaastu?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vickyiisc
    Can anyone tell if having a shamshaan around 500 mtrs from the society is good for Vaastu?

I think you mean Smashaan ( i.e. grave yard) half Km distance from society is not a problem. In Chennai I have seen may residences within a few meters radius living happily. If a new layout is proposed near grave yard, generally people do not prefer to buy them may be due to smell from burning of dead bodies. In most of the villages I have observed grave yards within half Km distance from the villages border for generations. It is nothing to do with vastu. There is also a belief (said by the ancient vastu pundits) that bones should not be in ground of building. A big shopping complex called JJ Complex, Thirumangalam in Chennai is built on grave yard. Many businesses are (which have good vastu) successfully running for the past many years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DRK Reddy

I think you mean Smashaan ( i.e. grave yard) half Km distance from society is not a problem. In Chennai I have seen may residences within a few meters radius living happily. If a new layout is proposed near grave yard, generally people do not prefer to buy them may be due to smell from burning of dead bodies. In most of the villages I have observed grave yards within half Km distance from the villages border for generations. It is nothing to do with vastu. There is also a belief (said by the ancient vastu pundits) that bones should not be in ground of building. A big shopping complex called JJ Complex, Thirumangalam in Chennai is built on grave yard. Many businesses are (which have good vastu) successfully running for the past many years.

Thank you sir.

Can you please also let me know what are the ideal places for the following ?

1. Kitchen (S-E is best, what about others) ? East/South/South-West/North-West
    2. Bathroom (Avoiding N-E and S-E) : what are other places it is ok/good/preferable ?

What exactly does a cut in NE correspond to ? A flat which has walls on the north side and entry gate is in the north-east (East facing flat) .. when it will be called to have a cut in N-E ?
    CommentQuote
  • North East cut examples are explained in the attached image
    Photos:
    CommentQuote
  • News item published in The Hindu newspaper is an example of selecting wrong vaastu expert.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/let-down-by-vaastu-man-drags-firm-to-consumer-forum-in-karnataka/article8349996.ece

If the vastu advisor had practiced correct principles he might have not caught in the legal tangle. If he had advised correctly the legal firm might have overcome the financial problems.

Note: Before choosing an expert of vastu, one should visit the expert's house and see whether he / she is following the vastu in his/her home and whether they are living peacefully and happily? Then judge your self and not by seeing TV / paper ads.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please give your opinion on the following layout attached? The facing is east, and the gate is in the nort east direction.
    Photos:
    CommentQuote
    Can you please give your opinion on the following layout attached? The facing is east, and the gate is in the nort east direction.

@DRK Reddy can you please comment on the vaastu of the house I posted in above comment ?
    CommentQuote

@DRK Reddy can you please comment on the vaastu of the house I posted in above comment ?

I think your image source is: http://newprojects.99acres.com/projects/prateek_buildtech_india_pvt._ltd/prateek_wisteria/maps/1385_2d.jpg unfortunately directions are not marked either at the original site or in your uploaded image. Without that it is not possible to comment..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DRK Reddy

I think your image source is: http://newprojects.************/projects/prateek_buildtech_india_pvt._ltd/prateek_wisteria/maps/1385_2d.jpg unfortunately directions are not marked either at the original site or in your uploaded image. Without that it is not possible to comment..

The house is facing east, and the door entry is north east..
    CommentQuote
  • Hello

Kindly give your valuable input for attached layout. Family has liked it. But appreciate your views as per vastu.

Thanks for advising.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Can you please give your opinion on the following layout attached? The facing is east, and the gate is in the nort east direction.

Please provide a bigger clear image.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhadeepak

North East cut - With this minus point alone you can decide not to go for this house
    South South East projection

I do not understand what is South west room
    I request members who seek advise are requested to post large / clear images.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • dhadeepak1 years ago
      Thanks for your reply ...South west is Small terrace attached to living. 1 Query..east side terrace will not be considered while checking for cuts.
  • East terrace is OK. But for main house it is to be treated as NE cut only. SW terrace is also bad. That makes house no weight in the SW corner..
    CommentQuote
  • @Ashish Salvi

East NE projected - good
    Main North Entrance in the East half - OK
    Study room entrance is wrong. Either you have to keep door at Option 1 (Op1) OR at OP2
    Kitchen entrance shifted to accommodate stove in east
    2nd bed room door is to change as mentioned in the drawing be making a small wall
    Toilet base is shifted towards east so that it wont fall in within the SW corner
    South West cutting makes no harm

Overall it is OK with above changes
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    CommentQuote