Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • @ erpeey

As indicated in the map compass directions for the home are about 45 degrees variation. No flat is rectangular or square. Either all corners have cut or extension. Not good
    CommentQuote
  • @DRK Reddy By this I understand two things:

1. I should consider flats who have proper rectangle or Square shape without any extension and cut.
    2. I should look for flat which have no variation in direction. Means proper North, East, South and West direction of four wall?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • erpeey,

Yes, select square or rectangle shape.
      Variation upto 10 degrees OK
      No cutting in NE, Projection is good
      Cut in SE, NW, SW is acceptable. But projection is NOT acceptable.
      No toilet in NE, SW.
      Entrance in ENE, NNE, WNW, SSE are good. Exact middle of E, W, N, S are also no problem. This applies for whole plot as well as every room.
      NNW, ESE, SSW, WSW entrances are bad.
      Kitchen SE & NW are good.
      Toilet and Pooja should not have a common wall (i.e. one side pooja other side toilet)
      Toilet in NW quadrant or SE quadrant is OK. (There is difference of opinion on keeping toilet in SE. I myself lived in a house for 20 years where toilet was in SE corner. Developed in the same house and constructed an independent home)

Hope these guidelines will help to other members also
    CommentQuote
  • woww..That's wonderful..Thanks a lot..It will surely help other members :)
    CommentQuote
  • Sir
    Kindly go through the image of the flat and suggest about vastu compliance.
    Appreciate the efforts on very important aspects of vastu..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • IIT-Kharagpur is also going to hold seminars “on science behind Vastu Sastra” in all colleges and universities across the country to enlighten the young minds - News 18

http://www.news18.com/news/india/iit-kharagpur-to-introduce-vastu-sastra-for-undergraduate-architecture-students-1375903.html

Vastu Shastra classes at IIT Kharagpur - Times of India News

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/vastu-shastra-classes-at-iit-kharagpur-from-aug/articleshow/58213438.cms

Hindustan Times News
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/education/coming-soon-to-iit-kharagpur-a-course-in-vastu-shastra/story-gMtjS1leTuekAfS9pmRULI.html

Vastu Shastra Now A Part Of IIT Kharagpur Syllabus - News World India

https://newsworldindia.in/lifestyle/vastu-shastra-now-a-part-of-iit-kharagpur-syllabus/256880/
    CommentQuote
  • @reharsh

You didn't mentioned the degrees of variation in the image or post. It looks variation of directions more than 10 degrees variation. - Not good
    SSW - opening - Not good
    SSE projection - not good
    Kitchen is in the NE quarter - Not good.
    CommentQuote
  • @realacres, @DRK Reddy and experts,

First of all, thank you for your great knowledge sharing on Vastu topic. Really really helpful.

I have a plot that I plan to build a house from scratch on it. The plot is facing North.
    The "problem" is the plot titl/deviate around 22 degrees to the right (see image below).

I understand that 22 degrees deviation is not good, but in this case I am going to build a house from scratch that will close to vastu norms as close as possible.

Can I go with this? Will this deviation create problems?

Need experts opinions.

Thank you!
    Photos:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asakmamis
    @realacres, @DRK Reddy Thank you!

It is advisable to avoid such plots.
    If there is no option, you have to carefully design the plan with entrances of all rooms placing in the NE corner according to compass. For well / bore well / under ground storage / septic tank (if required) are to be dig at appropriate places in consultation with an expert. So that no harm will be done. But you can not expect bright future.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DRK Reddy

It is advisable to avoid such plots.
    If there is no option, you have to carefully design the plan with entrances of all rooms placing in the NE corner according to compass. For well / bore well / under ground storage / septic tank (if required) are to be dig at appropriate places in consultation with an expert. So that no harm will be done. But you can not expect bright future.

Thank you, @DRK Reddy for your reply.

Man, my heart is broken :( I will build the house according to vastu norms so it might have up to 80% vastu compliant, but because of this 22 degrees deviation, I can not expect a bright future? Seriously?

Unfortunetely, avoid this plot is not an option for me right now.
    CommentQuote
    3 Comments
    • asakmamis2 years ago
      @DRK Reddy, haha, yes noted :) Will ask more questions, thanks a lot for your highly valuable input. Really useful.
  • @DRK Reddy , @realacres , @LeenaS and other experts,

As per my previous post, I have a plot that I plan to build a house from scratch on it. The plot is facing North.
    The "problem" is the plot titl/deviate around 22 degrees to the left (see image below).

What if I build the house deviate 12 degrees to the right (see image) so it only tilt from north 10 degrees (22 minus 12 degrees)? Will this solution better?

Note: if the house deviate 12 degrees to the right, the left side (west) will be pretty thick wall compared to the south wall, is this ok per vastu?

Thanks alot for advices.
    Photos:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asakmamis

What if I build the house deviate 12 degrees to the right (see image) so it only tilt from north 10 degrees (22 minus 12 degrees)? Will this solution better?

One is not supposed to tilt the building. You have to follow the plot boundaries.
    Tilting building will create 'DIK MOODHAM' This is again wrong. Don't do like that.

This is again wrong. Don't do like that.

CommentQuote
  • @DRK Reddy , thank you for this valueable information. If not because of your reply, I might get the building titled.

@DRK Reddy , @realacres , @LeenaS and experts: Vastu suggest one to sleep with the head on South, but in chinese feng shui, for house facing North, one is not recommended to sleep with head on South and feet on North because it's a position of dead people. I think Vastu has no rule for this?

Also, chinese feng shui recommend one should not cook with main door on the left side since this will move the chi out of the house (that will bring misfortune) when cooking. On the other hand, Vastu recommend one should face east while cooking. For a house facing north, this Vastu norm is conflict with chinese feng shui rule.

I guest Vastu is more correct than chinese feng shui?

Thanks you :)

CommentQuote
  • I want to confine my self to vaastu. Therefore no comments on feng shui. According to vaastu while sleeping keeping head in South or East are recommended. Vasstu never mention left or right it says only 8 directions. irrespective of facing kitchen should be in SE or NW while cooking facing east.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you, @DRK Reddy :)

Something here I need an expert opionion to help me clarify. That is about the corner.

See attachment.

This figure said the best position for water well is on north of northeast and east of northeast, which is I believe that is true and you will agree.

See the blue line. My plot is titled 22 degrees but doesn't mean the northeast corner (hence the water well position) will be diferrence with those plots that doesn't titl, isn't it? My argument is that is a corner: even the compass said the NE is not exactly on the corner, the energy need to find the closest corner which mean the corner is the same one like the picture/screenshot, right?

Thanks for clarify this confussion.

@realacres , @LeenaS
    Photos:
    CommentQuote