Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
Reply
1784 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rajeshkh
    Hi RA,

    I have approached the builder earlier for swapping the flat and seems like it is not possible as all the flats are sold out and registration also completed. There is no other way but for live with it. I was too naive while taking this decisions and regretting now.

    Thank You!

    The major issue with your bath/toi, one at North & other in SE, both bad according to VS. I still thing you should explore more, if not give me some time, I will update. I though still reiterate, it is best for you to shift the house.
    Btw, how about selling this house & buying a new one ? Possible ?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA,
    Can you guide on the shoe stand?Normally people want to put the shoe stand inside just after the entrance.But I feel I had read somewhere that keeping in the entrance brings bad vibes inside the home.What do you say on this?



    QUOTE=realacres;252146]Sure, you can have temp partition for pooja room. I am not asking you to build a wall there. A wood should-suffice, but make sure that it has proper laminate/vineer especially in white, cream or light yellow color. Don't keep plywood raw.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hello Priyadarshi,

    Here is the analysis of your flat:-

    > The NE corner is cut, which is not good. However, entire NE is not cut. To reduce (& not nullify) ill-effects of NE cut, place a mirror on North wall

    ===============================================================
    Dear RA,
    I went to the flat with the carpenter and have started taking measures and all for the woodwork.Here I have couple of doubts

    1) Can I put a Covered and closed shoe+Newspaper stand below the Mirror which you have mentioned in the Entrance North Wall?
    And what should be the soze of the mirror?

    2) If the door opening towards the toilet is issue with the north room,Can i place the temple there with door towards the south so that Puja can happen facing the north.That way Temple door towards the Toilet door can be avoided?

    Best regards
    PriyadarshiHello Priyadarshi,

    Here is the analysis of your flat:-

    > The NE corner is cut, which is not good. However, entire NE is not cut. To reduce (& not nullify) ill-effects of NE cut, place a mirror on North wall

    ===============================================================
    Dear RA,
    I went to the flat with the carpenter and have started taking measures and all for the woodwork.Here I have couple of doubts

    1) Can I put a Covered and closed shoe+Newspaper stand below the Mirror which you have mentioned in the Entrance North Wall?
    And what should be the soze of the mirror?

    2) If the door opening towards the toilet is issue with the north room,Can i place the temple there with door towards the south so that Puja can happen facing the north.That way Temple door towards the Toilet door can be avoided?

    Best regards
    Priyadarshi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by priyadarshi06

    Dear RA,
    I went to the flat with the carpenter and have started taking measures and all for the woodwork.Here I have couple of doubts

    1) Can I put a Covered and closed shoe+Newspaper stand below the Mirror which you have mentioned in the Entrance North Wall?
    And what should be the soze of the mirror?

    Sure, make sure though that the shoe rack is wooden one.
    The mirror can be of any size, ensure that it is of proper geometric shape only. So, no spade, no cherry shapes etc. The size of the mirror in your case can be 3x2 ft (LxH). However, you can have bigger than this too, if you want, but just ensure that the mirror level is above the shoe & newspaper rack.

    * TIP:- If possible, use only daily required /sandals in this cupboard near entrance door. You can have a separate slim folding shoe rack in terrace (west or NW) where you can keep those which you don't use often. However, if someones door itself is in west/NW, then shoe rack here is OK.

    I would also like to inform readers that putting mirror has impact in enhancing the subtle energies. Hence, wrong placement of mirrors is not good. Also, putting mirror at entrance is not advisable to all as it depends upon the entrance door location, cut, if any & enhancement if required.
    Mirrors simply multiply things, placing mirror wrongly will increase Vastu dosha.


    2) If the door opening towards the toilet is issue with the north room,Can i place the temple there with door towards the south so that Puja can happen facing the north.That way Temple door towards the Toilet door can be avoided?

    Best regards
    Priyadarshi

    I don't want to take any chance of giving some wrong info, so request you to show this pictorially on the floor plan itself.
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu inputs needed.

    Hi RA,
    Thanks for your inputs on Supreme Palms. I am attaching the floor plan of the flat I intend to purchase. I know that we can not have 100% vastu compliant flat but as someone said in this thread there are some absolute NO-NOs that we need to take care. Could you please throw some light on the attached floor. Does it get a green signal :D
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by atulks79
    Hi RA,
    Thanks for your inputs on Supreme Palms. I am attaching the floor plan of the flat I intend to purchase. I know that we can not have 100% vastu compliant flat but as someone said in this thread there are some absolute NO-NOs that we need to take care. Could you please throw some light on the attached floor. Does it get a green signal :D

    Hi Atul,

    Sorry for delay man. Supreme Palms as said before is currently the best project in its area. I too wanted to buy a 3 BR here but had to drop off as not a single flat was good from Vastu perspective. Main reason why other options here are not available is all the buildings are identical & located parallel to each other, which means no choice even when 5 buildings are present.

    I have drawn the layout of your flat, & here is the conclusion:-

    Coming to your 2 BR flat, the pros are:-

    > Kitchen is in SE (though there is a cut of SE corner), but its OK,
    > The terrace is at NE, which is excellent,
    > No toilet/bath in centre/brahmasthan.

    However, the cons are more:-

    > Entrance is at SW, which is the worst entrance,
    > M.bed is in NE, which is bad,
    > Other bedroom is in North, which is again bad,
    > 50% of brahmasthan is in the 2nd bedroom, which is again not good,
    > The kitchen platform is such that you have to face either North or South while cooking, which is bad.

    All in all, the flat could have been rectified but 2 things (MAJOR) here concludes that the said flat is not good according to Vastushastra:-

    Entrance in SW & both the bedrooms are in wrong location.

    I know this sounds harsh, but its the truth & since you have not bought it, avoid it as the remedies for these 2 things work very less & required effect is not achieved. It is therefore best not to buy this flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your suggestions

    Thank you RA for your valuable inputs and time. The cons points are really an eye opener for me. I will keep these points in mind while looking for other property. I also think I'll have to drop SP idea, not only because of vaastu but because of pricing as well. Thank you very much once again :)

    Regards,
    Atul
    Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi Atul,

    Sorry for delay man. Supreme Palms as said before is currently the best project in its area. I too wanted to buy a 3 BR here but had to drop off as not a single flat was good from Vastu perspective. Main reason why other options here are not available is all the buildings are identical & located parallel to each other, which means no choice even when 5 buildings are present.

    I have drawn the layout of your flat, & here is the conclusion:-

    Coming to your 2 BR flat, the pros are:-

    > Kitchen is in SE (though there is a cut of SE corner), but its OK,
    > The terrace is at NE, which is excellent,
    > No toilet/bath in centre/brahmasthan.

    However, the cons are more:-

    > Entrance is at SW, which is the worst entrance,
    > M.bed is in NE, which is bad,
    > Other bedroom is in North, which is again bad,
    > 50% of brahmasthan is in the 2nd bedroom, which is again not good,
    > The kitchen platform is such that you have to face either North or South while cooking, which is bad.

    All in all, the flat could have been rectified but 2 things (MAJOR) here concludes that the said flat is not good according to Vastushastra:-

    Entrance in SW & both the bedrooms are in wrong location.

    I know this sounds harsh, but its the truth & since you have not bought it, avoid it as the remedies for these 2 things work very less & required effect is not achieved. It is therefore best not to buy this flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Real Acres, thanks a lot for your valueable suggesstions, not only for this thread but for other threads as well.

    I would request your inputs on my flat below (a-501). Since we already live here, guess we will have to use tips to mitigate doshas if ny...:bab (38):

    Many Many Thanks in Advance..!
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • First & foremost, my apologies for replying so late:o.
    Originally Posted by Designer
    Hi RA,

    Greetings

    I am really impressed by your guidance and thankful for keeping a live thread of Vaastu. In fact I learnt a lot after going through previous posts.

    I have invested in an apartment at 18th floor (top floor). I applied a basic knowledge of Vaastu before purchasing my apartment and I just check the direction of entrance, position of kitchen & master bedroom before finalising my apartment. I also went through the direction of bed for sleeping purpose. Regarding the water bodies i.e. bathroom etc I am unknown about their exact location so I ignore at that time because I got satisfied with the remaining basic requirement as per Vaastu Shipla Shastra.

    I want to know your valuable opinion about the suitability of this apartment. Unit Plan and Floor plans are attached below.

    Thanks and Regards

    There is an inclination from main direction. Please let me know to what extent the tilt is.

    Originally Posted by ssm014
    Dear Real Acres, thanks a lot for your valueable suggesstions, not only for this thread but for other threads as well.

    I would request your inputs on my flat below (a-501). Since we already live here, guess we will have to use tips to mitigate doshas if ny...:bab (38):

    Many Many Thanks in Advance..!

    Same for you too ssm014. Let me know the deviation in degrees from main angle.

    Based on the deviation only, I will be able to suggest you both something.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Advice on Flat

    Hi...pl find attached the flat layout of an apartment that I have own and live in. Its on the 4th floor and is the top most floor. I bought it Aug 09 and moved in Dec 09.

    I (age 36) am the bread winner of the family and live with my wife (age 31) and 2 children. (Daughter 6.5 yrs & son 3 yrs)

    Pl have a look and request your valuable inputs on the same.

    The areas marked in red within the apartment is the current positions of things.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres
    After searching for long for a ideal flat with minimum basic vastu rules, I have found a flat with almost all ideal positions like south east kitchen, south west bed room, ventilation from 3 directions etc. But a portion of North East is cut and lift of the building is present there.Adjacent to that, I have east facing entrance door. As I believe in Vastu Shastra, kindly advise me whether I can proceed with buying this flat.
    Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • I have booked a flat (1006) whose dry terrace is opening is garden facing. Sir, Can you please have a look at diagram here and provide your feedback. What are the changes required to make it as Vastu.

    can you also please throw some light on its numerology?

    Thank you in Advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,
    When I was just browsing about our ancient science Vastu Shastra, I have got a very basic doubt. The ideal directions are determined on the basis of sun rays falling on the entrance of the house.(Olden days houses shared a common wall and sun rays fell on the entrance of the house}Morning sun rays are supposed to be very good. Now in Mumbai if I look for a flat with ideal North East entrance, all windows are westerly and so I never get morning sun rays in the house.So how this will impact clustered apartments?

    With Best Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurups
    Dear Realacres,
    When I was just browsing about our ancient science Vastu Shastra, I have got a very basic doubt. The ideal directions are determined on the basis of sun rays falling on the entrance of the house.(Olden days houses shared a common wall and sun rays fell on the entrance of the house}Morning sun rays are supposed to be very good. Now in Mumbai if I look for a flat with ideal North East entrance, all windows are westerly and so I never get morning sun rays in the house.So how this will impact clustered apartments?

    With Best Regards

    Hi gurups,

    What you have read is right. However, Vastushastra is based not just sunrays but "Panchamahabhoota's", which considers all the 5 elements of the universe-

    Air, fire, earth, water & ether (aakash).

    In case of energies, besides sun rays, electromagnetic energy & gravitational studies are also considered.

    Reason for east openings is the morning sun rays are useful for the skin & body & rich source of Vitamin D, while in afternoon it contains UV rays, which is not good for body.

    Entrance in North East has 2 advantages:-

    > It gives good sunlight in morning,

    > The electromagnetic energy enters from NE & goes towards SW. Entrance at NE means that this direction is light, no heavy furniture & door is used multiple times letting positive energy in.

    Hence, even in case of flats, even if you don't get sunlight; you do benefit from positive energy entering from NE. Hence, the reason for NE entrance.

    Hope this solves your query.

    ** Vastushastra essentially was based on having your own land & building on your own according to rules of VS. It is this way, you can reap 100% benefits of Vastushastra.

    Nevertheless, practicing VS for any type of land, property always benefits the owner & resident.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by devindrashah
    Hi...pl find attached the flat layout of an apartment that I have own and live in. Its on the 4th floor and is the top most floor. I bought it Aug 09 and moved in Dec 09.

    I (age 36) am the bread winner of the family and live with my wife (age 31) and 2 children. (Daughter 6.5 yrs & son 3 yrs)

    Pl have a look and request your valuable inputs on the same.

    The areas marked in red within the apartment is the current positions of things.

    Dear devindrashah,

    I opened the floor plan but they are too small to get clear idea of your floor plan. Request you to upload higher resolution floor plan, so that I can reply precisely.

    Originally Posted by gurups
    Dear Realacres
    After searching for long for a ideal flat with minimum basic vastu rules, I have found a flat with almost all ideal positions like south east kitchen, south west bed room, ventilation from 3 directions etc. But a portion of North East is cut and lift of the building is present there.Adjacent to that, I have east facing entrance door. As I believe in Vastu Shastra, kindly advise me whether I can proceed with buying this flat.
    Thanks in advance

    NE cut is bad, but then is it that entire NE is cut or very small part is cut ? I need to do calculations for this cut, take into account other pros & cons & then conclude how much positive the flat is in % from VS perspective.
    Therefore, it would be nice if you can provide me with your floor plan.
    CommentQuote