Last updated: November 21 2020
1880 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Vaastu Shastra Tips

Originally posted by Shrivio View Post
    ARGH!!!

I rented this bc there was no choice, nothing else available in the timeframe needed.

BUT, I re-did the floor plan in 9 quadrants. The kitchen technically falls in the South quadrant - the stove is in the south quadrant.

I am willing to use the "Family room" as the master bedroom. Even if there is no door, I will put up a curtain and keep the bed there. . For one year, I will just deal with it.

The kid can be in the east side.

SE bedroom can keep for guests?

What do you think? Can this be workable?
    What you said is absolutely workable.
    Just ensure that someone draws a rangoli on front of the entrance door daily. It need not be big but small will be fine especially on the 'Dehleez' & do pooja of it by applying turmeric powder & kumkum on it.
    Use sandalwood agarbatti & dhoop in house on daily basis.

And remember, what you are doing is just temporary remedy & you should plan your exit from here, the sooner the better.
    All the best.
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

I think this grid (attached) is more accurate. The Kitchen falls into the South quadrant, not the SW.
      Oh, I considered that kitchen was upto SW end. But still, this is not good either.
      So place a quartz crystal stone/sphatik in kitchen in a bowl.

And Can I use the NW room ("Den2") as the Master Bedroom?
      NW is direction of Vaayu or wind & is highly restless or chanchal as you call it. This is good only for guests or kids or even adult daughters but not as m.bed as this area lacks strength & strong stability. Order for m.bed is SW, South & if nothing possible, then West.
      Your earlier idea was better. Ofcourse, for some private activities, you can use NW room but it should not be permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubts19 View Post
        Thanks RA for the analysis. We are removing the toilet in the
        NW bedroom. Hope that suffices. Please let me know if the vastu
        Would be fine then.

Thanks once again
        Yes, this shall take care of lot of issues & please do the simple solutions in my previous posts.
        This will help you. All the best.

Comment

Done! Have told them. They are already looking at other rentals.

Thank you very much.
          Fantastic.
          Now please inform them that before finalising new flat, do ensure in advance that it is Vaastu positive .

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
            Seems that this is a row house or similar house. Now since you own entire building here, how about shifting all the things in correct perspective ?
            Put kitchen in SE, stove facing East,
            Toilet should be in NW-W,
            M.bed goes in SW.
            Pooja in NE is very good.

Just ensure that there is no toilet or kitchen in NE-Centre-SW part.
            Hi RA,

I can't knock down the whole building Bhai and get the layout changed. Reason why I m saying is that it will cost lot of money and time as I will need planning permission to do all that, so I would avoid it if doshas can't be rectified by simply re shifting the kitchen n toilet.

Many thanks for your time and efforts in answering my queries.

Cheers
            Anuj

Comment

Hi RealAcres,

I have booked a flat in Pride city, but after reading some posts in this thread, I'll be cancelling it soon, as it is a vaastu disaster.

I have one question though. I saw one flat which was almost perfect according to vaastu, but North-East portion of plot was given to PMC by builder. So the whole compound had whole N-E corner missing. Is it advisable to buy such a flat?
              I found myself in similar situation another time when flat was okay but the ground had a very remarkable East to West slope. Should we take into account this fact?

I myself was a Vastu zealot, but am about to loose faith, as I am not able to book any flat for past 1 year due to Vastu considerations.
              Sometimes I feel it is better to not consider Vastu but just consider sunlight and wind etc.

Earlier on I used to think flats with N-E open (with more windows and balconies) were good, but they usually have S-W entrance which is complete no-no.
              On the other hand, if entrance is in N-E, most windows and balconies will be on S-W. Again, here we won't get morning sun but instead afternoon sun.

Is Vastu equally applicable to apartments as to individual houses? Consider a flat with S-W entrance and N-E open with balconies and windows. In such a flat S-W is not actually open since there are other flats in S-W to this flat.

When Vastu was written, entrance and opening were synonymous. But in context of apartments, entrance is from a lobby which is actually closed.

Please shed some light on above points.
              Also it would be great if you could suggest some excellent books on Vastu for apartments.

Thanks
              Raj

Comment

Man, don't worry at all. The toilets in NW-West position are indeed very good & I see no reason why you should worry. The only thing is the toilet in NW should not touch North wall ideally but then if we take into consideration the entire flat, it is indeed very good.

So don't take any tension, go ahead & buy. Ensure that you do the agreement/registration on auspicious day. All the best.
                Thanks a lot !

Comment

Oh, I considered that kitchen was upto SW end. But still, this is not good either.
                  So place a quartz crystal stone/sphatik in kitchen in a bowl.

NW is direction of Vaayu or wind & is highly restless or chanchal as you call it. This is good only for guests or kids or even adult daughters but not as m.bed as this area lacks strength & strong stability. Order for m.bed is SW, South & if nothing possible, then West.
                  Your earlier idea was better. Ofcourse, for some private activities, you can use NW room but it should not be permanent.
                  Haha. Thanks so much, Realacres. Feel much better after your reply!

Will do all that you recommend.

Comment

Hi,

At the outset, a great service by you for all lay users. Wanted your view on the flat highlighted in red in the image attached herewith. Need to know the following:
                    1. What are the issues with Vastu as far as the flat is concerned?
                    2. What remedies would you suggest to counter any ill effects.

Big thanks in advance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Realacres,

Question re: sub-direction. What is an acceptable angle?

For example, in New York city, it is a grid. Doors to apartments either face N or S (since apartments are on streets and not avenues. Avenue buildings face either E or W). Now, let's say you get a door that is North facing (i.e. on the South side of a street). So far so good.

But *all* the streets in Manhattan are 29 degrees off. So instead of a street facing north (and running exactly E-W), it is tilted 29 degrees towards the East side. That's because the whole island is tilted and they have thus made the best use of the space they have.

Does this mean all apartments in Manhattan are not good bc they are sub direction?

How do you think about something like this?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X