Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Pahal12
    I have booked a flat (1006) whose dry terrace is opening is garden facing. Sir, Can you please have a look at diagram here and provide your feedback. What are the changes required to make it as Vastu.

There are 2 major faults:-

1.> Kitchen is in NE, atleast 50% of kitchen falls in it,
    2.> There is toilet in brahmasthan.

The point 2.> is very, very bad with no solution than demolition, which is not possible in case of flat. It is therefore recommended to shift your flat elsewhere as in long run, this will give you probs. Better to act now, even if it sounds harsh than to repent later.

There are some good things like location of both bedrooms, entrance & m.bath; but man, toilet in centre has spoilt the entire game.

If agreement has not been done, speak with the builder & get the flat shifted.
    can you also please throw some light on its numerology?

Thank you in Advance.

I don't have in-depth knowledge about numerology but I do believe in it.
    However, when it comes to Vastushastra, it is important to focus on VS aspect than flat no. as VS is universal & more powerful than mere numerology.

A flat no. can be lucky only for you but Vastushastra is good for each & every person in your family.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Living with vaastu

Add power to the prayer room
    Madan Gupta Spatu

Religions can be different but the principles governing worship are more or less the same everywhere. And worshipping is just another form of meditation. Puja room is an important part of an Indian household. By creating a room for worshipping, we, in fact, create a room to get charged with positive vibrations and that energy energises our environment, mind, body and soul. Meditation increases one's efficiency, progress, prosperity and peace of mind. However, these days due to space constraints many people can't have a separate worship/puja room. But one can always create space for connecting with the Creator. Here are some points as per Vaastu, which you should keep in mind to get the maximum benefit of meditation whether you live in a big house or a small flat.

Ishan Kon or north-east is governed by God and is an excellent location for puja room. Locating puja room in north-east brings prosperity, good health, wealth, happiness and peace of mind. North-east is auspicious for other reasons also. In mornings sun's rays fall directly from this direction and give us positive energy. One must feel the positive energies when one meditates. If the puja or meditation room is in a wrong direction, then no matter how much meditation you do, you will not feel charged.
      The doors and windows of puja room should be in north and east directions, respectively. The doors should have two shutters. The doors should not have any door closer and a ventilator in the puja room is a must. The walls of puja room should be painted in white, light yellow or light blue colour. Its floor should be of white or off-white marble. Cupboard for placing things should be in south or west of this room.
      The idols should be kept in northeast side.
      The idols should not face one another, or the door of puja room.
      Two idols of same God should not be placed in the room. The idols should be, at least, one inch away from walls.
      'Kalash' or water body should be in north or east of the room.
      'Deepak', lamp and 'Agni kund' should be in south-east.
      The members of the house should face east while worshipping.
      There should be only one puja room in a house and it should not be used for other purposes, like storage etc.
      In very big plots, factories or apartments, the prayer room can be located in the centre or the Brahmasthana, the sector governed by Lord Brahma, the Creator.
      Make the roof of this room dome or pyramid-shaped. This facilitates smooth flow of positive energies from the tip to the dome or pyramid into the puja room. This shape also assists in meditation. You might have observed this shape in all religious buildings irrespective of the religion.

Precautions

Never locate the Puja room in the south and the south-east, as these directions are ruled by Yama and Agni, respectively.
        The puja room should never ever be made in the bedroom.
        It should not be above electrical appliances or gas stoves.
        It should not be adjacent to or face a toilet.
        Avoid constructing a toilet above, below or opposite to this room
        This room should be neat and clean. Avoid dirt or clutter therein and keep it fragrant.
        Dry flowers or ash of dhoop agarbatti etc should be cleaned daily.
        The ground floor is the ideal location for a puja room in a home unless you live on other floors.
        Never keep idols brought from ancient temples in the puja room.
        The height of idols should not be more than 18 inches and should always be placed on a high platform or singhasan.
        Keep the holy books or granths and other items of samagri and dresses of the deities along the west and south wall.
        Avoid keeping heavy, cluttered and broken idols in the puja room.
        Avoid photos of dead members (deceased parents or gurus) in this room.
        Never keep a dustbin in the puja room, as the positive energy gets diminished due to the negative energies emitted by it.
        Source:The Tribune
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Dear devindrashah,

I opened the floor plan but they are too small to get clear idea of your floor plan. Request you to upload higher resolution floor plan, so that I can reply precisely.

Dear Realacres,

I have attached the same as PDF files. Hopefully this will enable better viewing.

Awaiting your valuable comments.Dear devindrashah,

I opened the floor plan but they are too small to get clear idea of your floor plan. Request you to upload higher resolution floor plan, so that I can reply precisely.

Dear Realacres,

I have attached the same as PDF files. Hopefully this will enable better viewing.

Awaiting your valuable comments.
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu Inputs for Office Space

Hi, Attached is a layout of the office space which i plan to take on rental. The side where 40% is written is what is being offered to me.But from the drawing you can see that if i were to take that side, NE will have toilet and office entrace would be SE.
    If the side mentioned 40% is not ok, then should i look to take the other side where 60% is mentioned? Request your valuable inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    First & foremost, my apologies for replying so late:o.

There is an inclination from main direction. Please let me know to what extent the tilt is.

Same for you too ssm014. Let me know the deviation in degrees from main angle.

Based on the deviation only, I will be able to suggest you both something.

Dear RA,

Thank you for your reply.

This time I superimpose my unit plan over tower layout plan in CAD with given north direction and the picture is little bit different. My entrance is 12 degree towards east of North Line as shown in my attachment i.e deviation angle is 12 degree from north towards east.

Kindly provide me your valuable inputs and rectification measures for doshas present in unit plan because I purchased this apartment for end use only…

Thanks and Regards

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by devindrashah
    Hi, Attached is a layout of the office space which i plan to take on rental. The side where 40% is written is what is being offered to me.But from the drawing you can see that if i were to take that side, NE will have toilet and office entrace would be SE.
    If the side mentioned 40% is not ok, then should i look to take the other side where 60% is mentioned? Request your valuable inputs.

Yes, what you said is correct BUT even in case of the other side of 60%, the major flaw is that the entrance is in SW corner, West facing which is the most hopeless entrance direction. Add to it that large part of SW is cut & has gone in common areas like lifts, lobby etc. SW indicates stability & is earth element.
    Absence of SW will never make you stable, hence even 60% side is not good.

Always remember, the energy axis flows from NE > Brahmasthan (Centre) > SW.
    If even a single element of this is damaged, avoid buying/renting the property.

Btw, in 40% side, besides toilet in NE, even entrance is in SE, east facing which will burn all the opportunities given SE being the direction of agni/fire.

Conclusion:-

Avoid entire property, be it 40 or 60.
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu Advice on Flat

Dear Real Acres,

Hi...pl find attached the flat layout of an apartment that I have own and live in. Its on the 4th floor and is the top most floor. I bought it Aug 09 and moved in Dec 09.

I (age 36) am the bread winner of the family and live with my wife (age 31) and 2 children. (Daughter 6.5 yrs & son 3 yrs)

Pl have a look and request your valuable inputs on the same.

The areas marked in red within the apartment is the current positions of things.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Sir,

Request to comment on the vaastu posture of my to be home. Please share your observation. If there are issues, please recommend the corrective actions.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pka_fbd
    Hi Sir,

Request to comment on the vaastu posture of my to be home. Please share your observation. If there are issues, please recommend the corrective actions.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd

Actually this house is at 6th floor and number is 704. 6th floor means, ground plus 6 floors. The entrance is west. The servant room is north west. The living room is south west. Kitchen is nort west (bit center). After this three rooms. We will make the NE room as puja cum study room. We will keep a tulsi pot in the east north east area of the balcony. The outer doors of the two rooms are opening at east and third room's door is south. The internal doors of the two rooms are west and third's room is north.

Please let me know, where is the central point of this apartment/house. As per the puja room shown in the floor plan, we will include that in the kitchen. The kitchen is having two doors, one is in east and other is in north. While cooking, person will face towards west.

There are three major balcony and one small balcony. The biggest balcony/terrace is in east followed by two balconys in south. There is a small balcony at north touching kitchen.

Bathroom's positions are shown in plan. Also, this unit does not have any common wall with any other unit and is totally independent.

Trust this information helps while replying.

Thanks,
    PKA_FBD
    CommentQuote
  • Please Avise - 2 or 4???

Dear Real,

Thanks for your response.

Attached is the floor plan I mentioned in earlier PM.

Please advise me the best choise of flat number on this floor - I am particularly keen on flat number 4 and 2.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shabbo_Azmi
    Dear Real,

Please advise me the best choise of flat number on this floor - I am particularly keen on flat number 4 and 2.

Real, waiting for your response, please.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Real,

Please comment on the vaastu aspects of the unit information I attached day before yesterday. Your inputs would be really help us.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd
    CommentQuote
  • Energise study room

Madan Gupta Spatu

The correct position of study room is extremely important to strengthen your child’s concentration and stamina to sit for long without feeling tired. Some children begin to study, but can’t continue for long due to weak concentration. Vaastu, helps in solving such problems
    Let children grow in a congenial and comfortable atmosphere. Study room should be a place where one can sit peacefully andconcentrate on studies. This room should be located at a proper place and should be in accordance with certain vaastu principles. The negative energy may disturb the child’s concentration. The study room should be located in east, north and northeast direction. These directions improve concentration of a student, while studying. Make sure that there is no mirror reflection in the study room as this may have an effect of work load being doubled. Make sure that children do not study under a beam; otherwise he/she will feel unnecessary pressure.
    Study table
    Place the study table in a way that the child faces east or north while studying. The table should not stick to the wall. There should be open space in front of the child as it fosters the arrival of fresh ideas. The child should have a solid wall behind him, as it signifies support. The study table should be square or rectangular in shape and not too big or too small in size. A small table can be uncomfortable to work on, while, a big table can adversely affect the competence of a child.
    Bookshelves
    Bookshelves and cabinets should be located in the east, north, and north-east directions. The cabinets should not be placed in the centre of a room. It is best to leave central portion of the study room empty. Avoid placing bookshelf above study table as it may create undue stress for child. Do not clutter the study table with lots of books.
    Wall colour
    The walls should be painted in light colours, like green, light green, blue, cream and white, rather than dark ones. Light colors are very auspicious and augment the retention power of students. Avoid using black colour in study room.
    Lights
    Lights have a very significant impact on one’s ability to study. The study room should be properly lit. Dim lights are not favorable for child’s eyes, education and focus. Sunlight gives us positive energy for doing work and therefore, the windows of study room should be in the east or north of the room. A table lamp is another source of proper light, which helps in concentrating on the task. If the child is using table lamp, it should be placed in south-east of the table.
    Keep in mind
    n The shape of the study table should either be square or rectangle.
    n The study room should have images of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati.
    n An education tower or crystal ball may be placed on table.
    n A pendulum watch should be hung on the northern wall of the room.
    n The windows should be larger on the eastern side and smaller on the western side of the room.
    n The chair accompanying the desk in the study should be comfortable and should have a high back. It is advisable to place a picture of water behind the chair. This ensures the flow of creative energy in the person.
    n Nothing sharp or piercing in form should be directed towards or placed in front of the chair. Sharp objects tend to create bad energy and, therefore, even a poster or painting with arrows, airplanes with weapons pointing towards the room should be avoided.
    n Your child should be made to sit with his/her head facing the best study direction. You can consider having a solid support behind in the form of a painting of a mountain scene. You can place a crystal sphere near the main window; this will activate chi and will slow down its movement.
    n Consider placing a bamboo plant in the study room.
    n Ask your child to not to sit right in front of the window. Sitting right in front of the window will make him/her lose concentration. The chair on which your child sits should also not be placed in a place with windows or a door behind him.
    n Avoid having AC, exposed beams or edges, sharp edges of furniture, any pillar close to or on top of the study desk.
    n Place a wind chime or a plant near the window. Doing this will prevent bad energy or any threat in any other form from entering the study room of your child.
    n Consider getting all the things you like and feel good about on your study desk. These things will help you overcome depression, especially when you look at them when you are down.
    Important: Vasant Panchmi falls on January 28, which is an auspicious day to begin laying one’s foundations of education. Pre-school children are given their first lesson in reading and writing on this day. All Hindu educational institutions conduct special prayer for Saraswati on this day. Keep a small picture or statue of Maa Sarasvati on study table on this day.

The writer is a Chandigarh-based Vaastu consultant. Readers can send their suggestions/queries at realestate@tribunemail.com
    Source:The Tribune
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shabbo_Azmi
    Dear Real,

Both are not good. Reasons are-

For flat 02:-

> Entrance is SE, fire element, will burn all opportunities before they enter your house,

> Kitchen in North-NE. Financial probs & probs with health of the lady of the house, especially head probs.

> A toilet on north wall, in North-NW. Again money probs.

For flat 04:-

> Entrance SW, west facing; one lacks control over self life,

> M.bed in NE, leads to probs in progeny,

> 2nd bedroom in NW, leads to confusion. NW bedroom is good only for girls of marriage age & guest room only.

Btw, amongst all the flats, 06 looks better. If interested send me the plan in jpeg.
    CommentQuote
  • Attn : Real Acres

Originally Posted by devindrashah
    Dear Real Acres,

Hi...pl find attached the flat layout of an apartment that I have own and live in. Its on the 4th floor and is the top most floor. I bought it Aug 09 and moved in Dec 09.

I (age 36) am the bread winner of the family and live with my wife (age 31) and 2 children. (Daughter 6.5 yrs & son 3 yrs)

Pl have a look and request your valuable inputs on the same.

The areas marked in red within the apartment is the current positions of things.

Dear Sir, Request your inputs on my flat.
    CommentQuote