1879 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Vaastu Shastra Tips

Well said chennaireal
    Dear sudhashbahu,
    Nothing is permanent in this world
    What you like today or believe today you may not like or believe it tomorrow
    All of us in this thread are believers of Vastu and let me tell you not blind followers but have experienced the effects of good and bad Vastu in our lives
    I am a developer by profession and in my 15 yrs. of carrier I have seen families prosper not just monetarily by overall coz of a Vastu complaint flat
    The practical aspects which you talk about like cross ventilation, natural light are very well explained in Vastu and it surely makes sense

Comment

Everyone has a right to believe what they choose. But you should not try to put down people who disagree.

One data point for you to check: did anyone hear about alleged vastu shastra before the 1970s? Ask among your friends or relatives who are old enough about whether they had heard about vastu shastra when they bought or constructed their houses.

In those days people checked directions to judge practical aspects like light and wind estimates. No one said anything about bad energy and anything bad happening to the occupants.

The current avatar of this alleged vastu shastra with negative energies and effects is an invention of the 1980s.

Do check with your friends and relatives to assure yourself.

Comment

The old vastu shastra was simply guidelines to construct temples and plan cities. It never said anything about bad/negative energies or effect.

Try doing research with open mind and only refer original texts, not a book written by a modern joker.

For exafor example if you get a reference for any claim, check it. If it references a modern text. Ignore it and check the references in that book till you find a reference to an original text ... The one written at least 300 years ago. Since vastu shastra is 'ancient' you should be able to find such original references right?

Do the research. You will be surprised by what you find.

Comment

The logic is simple ... If vastu shastra makes a claim and it is ancient, the claims must be traceable to an old original text.

The modern vastu practitioners were not born with the knowledge nor did they receive enlightenment by sitting under a tree nor do we have guru shishya pqrampara of strict oral transition.

Ergo, you should be able to trace each rennet/claim to an original old text.

Comment

Originally posted by chennaireal View Post
            Dear Experts,

Need your esteemed Guindance. I know only the very basic things in Vasthu and i need your help in finalising a flat. I am attaching the floor plan with my choice of flat marked in green color.

The only thing that concerns me is the entrance door is slighly towards South East corner and from what i could read online from various sites South East entrance brings in bad energy inside the whole house.

Kindly review the plan and let me know if i can go ahead and book it. Its a 2.5 BHK flat in First floor. There are two 40" and 30" roads nearby.

This is the first time i am attaching in image.. dont know if it gets displayed properly...

Thanks in advance.
            Just entrance in SE is not the problem here. Other issue is kitchen in NW & toilet in North.
            Overall, the layout shown by you is not good for all-round progress in life & most efforts go in vain with ample of misunderstandings within the family as well.
            It would be better to avoid this flat.
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by AK2007 View Post
              Attached is the layout for two flats - the N is as marked (towards left). The plot is South facing (main road on the right side - as it has stilt parking, entrance to the building is broad - across the whole width with typical multiple iron gates).

First pass, the one in North looks better to me - however, this has limited windows - anything else to review/consider? Impact of South facing plot?

Underground water tanks - on east side.

~A
              Location of common toilets in both the flats is very bad. In one flat, SW has major cut with bedrooms oriented towards North, while in other, the toilet as said before & the major or rather almost absence of North-NW is critical issue. Hence, better to avoid either of these flats.

As far as plot is concerned, it does matter but good or bad, the impact is distributed amongst all the residents equally, so it should not be of major concern, unless there is septic tank in NE or centre of the plot.

Nevertheless, the flats themselves are not positive, hence drop them & scout for something better. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
                The logic is simple ... If vastu shastra makes a claim and it is ancient, the claims must be traceable to an old original text.

The modern vastu practitioners were not born with the knowledge nor did they receive enlightenment by sitting under a tree nor do we have guru shishya pqrampara of strict oral transition.
                Man, I don't know what your intent is. But here are some details which you can confirm yourself :-

Vaastu Shastra is a part of Vedas, which are believed to be four to five thousand years old. The art of Vaastu originates in the Sthapatya Veda, a part of the Atharv Veda. Sthapatya Veda, dealing with the architecture. We can find many references in Vedas, Puranas and other subsequent literature.

Shelter is the one of the basic need of every living being. We build house for our living and to live a peaceful, happy and healthy life. A house or any building constructed as per Vaastu Shastra ensures maximum benefit to the habitant.

A structure built on a piece of land is known as "Vaastu". It has been derived from the word "Vaas" which means "to live". It's practice started with Vedic period. Our ancient saints have concluded that anything living or non-living in the universe is made up of five basic elements or Panch Maha Bhut.

Now, it is not possible for all to study entire vedas, so what learned people have done is shortlist the chapter from these Vedas which deals with Vaastu. It is as simple of that.
                Hope this clears the doubts.

Comment

Extremely sorry ameet, wonder how I missed your post.

Originally posted by ameetwalia View Post
                  Since the fountain was leaking returned the same

hunting for a better one
                  Good. In the meantime, what you can do is place a 'Kalash' with water in it. Ensure that kalash should be of copper or higher metal but not steel or glass. Change the water on daily basis. Other option is to take big bowl & put some flowers in it, real or artificial & change this water too on daily basis as this is stagnated water unline fountain where it flows.

I was a little concerned of a coloumn in the centre of the house
                  For this, as you can't remove it, till then a small remedy would be to place mirrors on all the sides of the column, i.e. cover entire column with mirror. This will give an impact as if column doesn't exists at all. Also, place a bright white light in this area & get the ceiling painted in pure white. This is more of remedy & won't rectify the problem 100% but surely it will be better than to have nothing.

Let me know if you have more queries.
                  Cheers.
                  Last edited August 21 2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post

Ergo, you should be able to trace each rennet/claim to an original old text.

i am completely agree with you. this is ancient science based on directions, Light and air.And every claim have a sensible explanation.
                    i have had very bad experiences with vastu experts. these peoples are money minded and not born with knowledge.

And heard one statement from a vastu expert "if you believe in vastu then it will affect you more than the one who don't believe"
                    It is same for all then why it will be having diff effect on believer/ non believers.

i would say, modern vastu is becoming superstition for high class and educated peoples.

You should ask vastu experts, if he is suggesting something then what is sense behind it.
                    True vastu expert should know it and not just say because its in books or AISA HI HAI or HOTA HAI.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                      Man, I don't know what your intent is. But here are some details which you can confirm yourself :-

Vaastu Shastra is a part of Vedas, which are believed to be four to five thousand years old. The art of Vaastu originates in the Sthapatya Veda, a part of the Atharv Veda. Sthapatya Veda, dealing with the architecture. We can find many references in Vedas, Puranas and other subsequent literature.

Shelter is the one of the basic need of every living being. We build house for our living and to live a peaceful, happy and healthy life. A house or any building constructed as per Vaastu Shastra ensures maximum benefit to the habitant.

A structure built on a piece of land is known as "Vaastu". It has been derived from the word "Vaas" which means "to live". It's practice started with Vedic period. Our ancient saints have concluded that anything living or non-living in the universe is made up of five basic elements or Panch Maha Bhut.

Now, it is not possible for all to study entire vedas, so what learned people have done is shortlist the chapter from these Vedas which deals with Vaastu. It is as simple of that.
                      Hope this clears the doubts.
                      RA, the atharva Veda does not have any part or portion called sthapatya Veda. I challenge you to show a reference to any scholarly translation of the atharva Veda that has the alleged section. This is just an example of how vastu jokers have tried to create legitimacy for their ware by trying to associate with respected text. Most Indians don't bother to check things for themselves.

Do you know why sthapatya Veda does not have any entry in wikipedia? It was deleted by editors because no one could offer any genuine reference to origin of so called part of the atharva Veda. The link now directs to maharishi vastu architecture which is a very recent creation. Even that does not say that residents will face negative events if the vastu is not correct.

The keypoint is that there is no valid text that says Anything about negative energies or negative consequences. Now a days you don't even have to bother so much even for practical aspects like natural light and ventilation. We have lights and fans that can counteract any natural deficiency.

Concluding, you should also stay away from anything that harps on five elements or panch Maya bhut. These were old (and incorrect) principles. We know much better now about elements, atoms and molecules.

Old people without sufficient scientific knowledge thought that water is the most abundant liquid and so all liquids must contain water. We know now that this is not true.

We must accept the fact that not everything that is ancient is correct.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X