Last updated: November 21 2020
1880 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Vaastu Shastra Tips

south west second floor room

Dear RA, pls advise on following:

In my house I have master bedroom in southwest corner on ground floor. my parents occupy the same. I live in the bedroom in west of southwest of the house on ground floor with my family. in our house there is second floor which is built on the north west side of the house, this is occupied by my younger brother and his wife. The second floor rooms are neither on top of mine nor my father's room. the water tank is also on this side (NW). some body has told us that south west portion of the house should be heavier.

In order to balance the north west second floor i.e. make south west heavy, I plan to construct a room on top of my parent's room (southwest corner) and also shift water tank in SW corner. Now I have come to know that SW 2nd floor room should be with master of the house, my parents will not shift to 2nd floor. so can we make the 2nd floor SW room and convert it to guest room or children room or store etc; I or my brother will not shift to this room. The other case is not to make any room in SW 2nd floor and be as it is. Then how do I make SW heavy? Please advise.

Other experts also please write in.

Comment

I wish peace, happiness, and joy to all the members of this post.
      A happy New Year 2015 to All.
      Regards,
      Ameet

Comment

Wishing You All Happy & Prosperous New Year 2015!!

Comment

Hello,

I have attached the layout of my flat. The stove in my kitchen will be facing somewhere between West and North-West. The master bedroom is situated on south of the flat. Please help me to know which side of the wall should have almirah. Also is the kitchen OK? If not, then what arrangement should be done.

Thanks,
          Devendra
          Attached Files

Comment

In my house I have master bedroom in southwest corner on ground floor. my parents occupy the same. I live in the bedroom in west of southwest of the house on ground floor with my family. in our house there is second floor which is built on the north west side of the house, this is occupied by my younger brother and his wife. The second floor rooms are neither on top of mine nor my father's room. the water tank is also on this side (NW). some body has told us that south west portion of the house should be heavier.

In order to balance the north west second floor i.e. make south west heavy, I plan to construct a room on top of my parent's room (southwest corner) and also shift water tank in SW corner. Now I have come to know that SW 2nd floor room should be with master of the house, my parents will not shift to 2nd floor. so can we make the 2nd floor SW room and convert it to guest room or children room or store etc; I or my brother will not shift to this room. The other case is not to make any room in SW 2nd floor and be as it is. Then how do I make SW heavy? Please advise.

Other experts also please write in.

Please get an expert opinion before doing anything. You cannot take information like "SW must be heavier" without knowing all the rules. While it is true that SW should be heavier, water should be in the NE (in my basic understanding). So please do not solve the perceived problem by creating new ones. Wait for an expert to reply. Vastu has many nuances - all of them must be weighed.
            Last edited January 6 2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vj0real View Post

All of your bedrooms are good, no issues.

The over-head water tank needs to be in SW but ensure that the bed below is not exactly below the water tank. You need to shift the same from NW to SW.

In order to balance the north west second floor i.e. make south west heavy, I plan to construct a room on top of my parent's room (southwest corner) and also shift water tank in SW corner.
              Excellent, go ahead.

Now I have come to know that SW 2nd floor room should be with master of the house, my parents will not shift to 2nd floor.
              If I am correct, this should be 1st floor & not second floor. Please confirm.
              Also, why aren't your parents ready to shift on 1st floor ?

so can we make the 2nd floor SW room and convert it to guest room or children room or store etc; I or my brother will not shift to this room.
              Never ever make SW as guest room or children room. The one who stays in SW dominates the house & hence the head of the family should stay here.

The other case is not to make any room in SW 2nd floor and be as it is. Then how do I make SW heavy? Please advise.
              Actually, there is no other option as issue is not just weight but even the height should be highest in SW of the building. Hence, a room here + overhead water tank will be very good.

Apart from this, other things also matter :-

> What is there in NE & Brahmasthan ?
              > Current staircase. It should be in SW, South or atleast West.

Shrivio,It's correct that water should be in NE but only incase of under-ground tank or borewell. Overhead water tank should be in SW.Will reply to queries of other members shortly.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by caabhi786 View Post
                Hello Friends !!

I have choosed one 3 BHK Flat and need some suggestion on vaastu, whether should i go fo it or not ?

Thanks in advance guys !!!

Regards
                Abhishek
                Answering quickly since its simple :-

Don't buy this flat as it is in sub-direction & from floor plan it looks that angle of deviation is >30 degrees.

This cause Vaastu dosha called Vidisha & hence best to avoid it since the electromagnetic as well as gravitational energy is disturbed in such structure leading to poor health & allied issues.
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Dear RA,

I have been following the posts and your responses for a number of days and appreciate all the good work being done here. Couldn't resist for too long and hence created an ID today to seek advise from you. Have tried to make a rough sketch of the layout of the home I have been residing for last 7 years. I feel there are times when unnecessary hurdles come up which makes me believe I need advice around Vastu and hence looking forward to your help. Have attached the rough sketch of the floor plans for your review. Also what I understood from the posts, the overhead tank position is also of relevance. The overhead tank is located above the 2nd floor room and towards the north east corner (above the stairs). From whatever I have been able to gather and understand that there are 2-3 major points that might need to be addressed (pardon my ignorance, if any) -
                  * Kitchen is right in front of the entry gate, it might need to be corrected?
                  * There is a bathroom + toilet on the first floor in the north-east direction. We aren't using it currently but I believe this is also a vastu -dosh?

Please share your recommendations and suggestions..

Thanks for all your help..

Regards,
                  Attached Files

Comment

house modification

thanks RA.
                    > will ensure bed is not exactly below water tank. tank will be built on bedroom-bath wall, so bed below.
                    > yes, you read it right - its 1st floor room and not 2nd. my parents want to live only on ground floor. I will then make the room on top as veranda cum store for light weight items. Ok?
                    > In NE, there was nothing, now I am constructing children studyroom and then in front a porch for doing havan/pooja (this will be exact NE corner). completing this corner will make my house a square or rectangle.
                    > brahmstaan is in the lobby cum living, nothing is built nor any furniture kept in that portion.
                    > also someone told me to install iron wire from new water-tank top to SE corner pole to NW corner pole and back to water tank to form a triangle. SW to be higher than SE and SE pole to be higher than NE by 1 feet each. whats your input.
                    > staircase is in NW corner (StoN & then turn WtoE). stair count is 17. I do not have an option to change/break this or make new one.
                    > Can bathroom mirror be on south side wall of bathroom.
                    > in my bedroom major sunlight comes from window in West side wall and lesser light from North ventilator.
                    regards.

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                    All of your bedrooms are good, no issues.

The over-head water tank needs to be in SW but ensure that the bed below is not exactly below the water tank. You need to shift the same from NW to SW.

Excellent, go ahead.

If I am correct, this should be 1st floor & not second floor. Please confirm.
                    Also, why aren't your parents ready to shift on 1st floor ?

Never ever make SW as guest room or children room. The one who stays in SW dominates the house & hence the head of the family should stay here.

Actually, there is no other option as issue is not just weight but even the height should be highest in SW of the building. Hence, a room here + overhead water tank will be very good.

Apart from this, other things also matter :-

> What is there in NE & Brahmasthan ?
                    > Current staircase. It should be in SW, South or atleast West.

Shrivio,It's correct that water should be in NE but only incase of under-ground tank or borewell. Overhead water tank should be in SW.Will reply to queries of other members shortly.

Comment

Hi RA, it has been more than six months since i was last in touch with you, even though i have been regularly reading your posts. In fact, it is quite difficult to find a Vaastu compliant apartment nowadays.

I have recently come across an apartment which looks to meet certain key criteria mentioned by you regularly, No Sub direction, NE-Brahmsthan-SW clear..

Kindly check the attached layout and suggest which apartment is better, Left or Right. Entrance is facing North in both cases.

Look forward to your informed inputs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422043415.045921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	2252261

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X