Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello realacres,

Could you tell me about the vastu of this flat ? Should I buy it or not ?

Thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Pros -

> Entrance is properly located in NW-W on West wall,
    > Terrace in NE,
    > One bedroom in South,
    > One bedroom without bath/toi in NE. Good for pooja/study room.
    > Servant room at NW is also OK.
    > Attach toi of servant room is also good.

Cons & its solutions -

> M. Bedroom in SE is very bad for couples. Will lead to unnecessary dispute.
    As you have an option of bedroom in South, better you shift here.
    In the meantime, get the curtains of this SE bedroom in red/maroon color.

> Kitchen in NW is like fire + air, which is not good as intensity of fire increases. This may lead to breathing probs/issues. So, have pure white color in kitchen. Cook facing east. Use 'sphatik' stone in the kitchen.

> Bath/toi in North-NE (near dining). It is best not to use it. In case of emergency use it only as bathroom & NOT toilet. As said, use raw sea salt here which needs to be replaced every 15 days.

> As far as possible, avoid using the bath/toi attached to the SE bedroom.

> Plant a tulsi plant in the NE terrace. This will negate several Vastu-doshas in the house. Remember to lit incense stick, in front of tulsi twice a day.
    Keep this terrace as light & open as possible.

> Make your pooja room in NE corner of NE bedroom. Sit in such a way that while performing pooja, you face east. This room can also double up as study room.

> The living is in SW. Ensure that the furniture in living is as heavy as possible. This area needs to be the most heaviest in the house.

> Make the terrace attached to the living as much heavy as possible by using some furniture, pots & plants etc.

> Max color use in living room needs to be brown in color, including the curtains.

> You can even have a picture/mural of mountain (without water) in the living room on either south or west wall in SW part of living room.

> If possible, make the entrance door in light brown color. Make some auspicious signs like Swastika on it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks RA for all the valuable inputs. However, I still have a query related to your comment about the two toilets - NE and SE. Please let us know, which toilet to be used even in the worse case, as I can not discard both. Please suggest the suitable remedy. Also, how is the case of using the Master bed room by me and spouse - any remedy for the same. If we (me and spuse) take the south west bed room then can the master bedroom be used as any other bedroom - my kid (son) or my parents.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd
    CommentQuote
    pka_fbd,

Happy holi to you & all the members here :).
    Will reply to you soon.

In case of unit 12, though NE is open, the entrance will be SW section, be it south or west facing, entrance in SW is most hopeless entrance for the property.

Also, there is a toilet in North-NE in unit 12 which again is very bad.

Not a single bedroom is in proper place, except for the NW one. Lack of bedroom in SW or South for the owner is not at all good.

Hence, in totality if you see, unit 12 is not good.

Unit 01 on other hand is far better than 12 except for the location of kitchen.

Btw, are there 12 flats/floor ?? If so, send me the entire layout for the floor so that we will be able to pick the best amongst these.

thx Real for your inputs..

Flat-1 --> 1st floor
    Flat-12--> 3rd Floor

Here I've attached complete layout plans where you see flat-1 is quite inner side and surrounded by other near by 10 floors building so can't get good air circulations where as
    flat-12 is corner one and still two completely open sides (NE) so the sun rays can come directly into the house and with good air circulations..

considering the above things, what do you suggest..is there any vaastu remedies for the flat-12 which i can opt for? please suggest.. (and m not sure if they will have flat-1 available now..since from vaastu perspective it was best among all :( )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by toxicpk2012
    Hello realacres,

Could you tell me about the vastu of this flat ? Should I buy it or not ?

Thanks

The flat goes bang in sub-direction, which is not good as it causes heavy disturbance of electro-magnetic energy within the house. Health issues are seen based upon the orientation of the house in sub-direction. The property, be it land, house, office etc. has to be aligned with the main directions so that you align properly with the earth's gravitational force.

So, best to avoid this flat or any other in sub-direction.

* Rest members please bear with me, will reply your queries as well.
    CommentQuote
  • house plan according to vastu

hi,
    this is sandeep kumar
    please see the attached picture which i make for my house construction. please can u advise me is this correct or not bcoz i want to start my house construction work.

thanks,
    regards,

sandeep kumar,
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you very much for your valuable Vaastu Consultation

Originally Posted by realacres
    The floor plan is here :-

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/legal-vastu-home-loans/vastu/209-feng-shui-tips?p=116524#post116524

Based on the floor plan, here are some things you need to do -

> Kitchen in NE is not good. Have light yellow & pastel green color in kitchen. It can be paint, mod kitchen or tiles, furniture laminate etc. Place a quartz crystal stone (sphatik) in kitchen. Ensure to face east while cooking. This needs to be done even if the platform size is smaller than that in North.

> The North bathroom attached to bedroom in NW should not be used or at max only for bath & not as toilet under any circumstances. And as said before, place raw sea salt in this bathroom & change it every 15 days. Use exhaust fan as well.

> In the living room, have the curtains in dark-red, maroon color. In the attached terrace have flowers of red color like red rose or red hibiscus. Buy the pots for the same of earthen red color.

> As there is a cut in North, you need to put a full size mirror to reduce its ill-effect on northern wall. You can do this by placing this mirror in NE corner of NW bedroom. This will serve 2 purposes-

a.) A proper mirror will be placed to reduce the impact of North cut,
    b.) It will be in correct place in bedroom as well for dressing area. So, it becomes a solution which can be used practically on daily basis :).

> All the beds should be aligned in such a way that your head is at South direction. It has to be exactly the opposite to what has been shown in NW bedroom.

> All the mirrors should be in NE part on North wall. Ensure that bed is not seen from the mirror. If unavoidable, put cloth on the mirror before going to sleep at night.

> The M.bed has come in SW, which is very good. I don't know the color of tiles used in m.bath, but as it occupies the corner of SW, you need to have brown color here. It can be tiles. If not, atleast use brown napkin/towel in the bathroom for your daily use.

> Entrance in NE, North facing is one of the best entrance one can have. Very good. Paint the lobby in white-golden color. It can be done either by using texture paint or wallpapers. Place a water fountain in the lobby & change the water of it after 2 days. Run the fountain for atleast 1 hr in morning & evening. Better if it is done at the time of pooja/time when you lit lamp in front of god. Till then, you can have water in a glass bowl. Put plastic flowers in it for decoration purpose & change the water daily or on alternate days.

> Don't have shoe stand in the lobby in NE. Put it in terrace attached to the living. I know it is not that convenient but many people did that & are feeling good. NE is direction of Brahma-Vishnu-Mahesh, hence don't impure it by shoe rack. There are foldable slim, wall mountable shoe racks available in the market for around 3-4k which can hold about 12-15 pairs. Use that one. If possible buy it in red/dark red color as it will be located in the terrace located in SE.

> I don't know about your family, but here is the take -

If you are having a college going daughter, give her the NW bedroom; if not make it guest room.
    The south bedroom needs to be given to your parents or son.

> The terrace/balcony attached to m.bed & the south bedroom need to be made heavy. Either you can place furniture here or put pots, plants etc. Ensure that these are not kept completely vacant.

Hope this helps.

** PS:- Will reply to other members' Vastu query soon.

Dear RA,

Thank you very much for your valuable Vaastu inputs and time of my queries.

I will definitely consider your advice and try to rectify most of the ‘doshas’ accordingly before my Grah Pravesh .

After going through your Vaastu advice I have still three queries remaining regarding the direction of bed, Pooja Place and location of shoe stand.

>Placing of bed in such a way that head should be in south direction is feasible on north-west bedroom, but south-west master bed have a window in south wall of the room, is it fine as per Vaastu if we have adjoining window just behind our bed?

>Also in 3rd bedroom south wall have cupboard space in South wall so I don’t understand how to align bed there, please guide me for the same.

>Previously I was planning to place a wall mounted Pooja Place (Just one feet above the floor) in South-East corner of the Living Room but now because shoe stand will be just near this place I have to abandoned this idea. Can you please suggest a suitable place based on my layout plan?

As per your advice north-east direction (entrance in my case) is not an ideal place to keep shoe stand, It sounds very odd but I will try to avoid this situation by placing shoe rack in terrace attached to Living room for family/personal use. But for guests and temporary visitors I have to keep one wall mounted shoe rack near entrance because of practical requirement with all other needful items as advised by you.

Thanks and Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by psangani
    thx Real for your inputs..

Flat-1 --> 1st floor
    Flat-12--> 3rd Floor

Here I've attached complete layout plans where you see flat-1 is quite inner side and surrounded by other near by 10 floors building so can't get good air circulations where as
    flat-12 is corner one and still two completely open sides (NE) so the sun rays can come directly into the house and with good air circulations..

considering the above things, what do you suggest..is there any vaastu remedies for the flat-12 which i can opt for? please suggest.. (and m not sure if they will have flat-1 available now..since from vaastu perspective it was best among all :( )

Hey RA,
    any inputs for the detailed layout plan I attached?? I need to rush to the builder, after your inputs to finalize the deal (to book or not to book block - 12 since block-1 is no more available).. :) thx
    CommentQuote
  • psangani,

There are 22 flats/floor . Seeing so many flats per floor for the first time in my life....phew !

I analyzed the floor plans of all flats & concluded not a single flat is properly laid out. I won't recommend either of these flats.

Besides Vastushastra, imagine 22 flats/floor. How much ventilation, privacy, cross-air flow etc. you expect ? There is toilet of other flat in front of kitchen & vice-versa. Once complete, this project will surely give a hell lot of congested feel. This I am saying based on my experience in RE. Think about this aspect as well man.

Best thing for you would be to find some other property.

** So many flats nearby as not recommended even by Vastu perspective. If you see, the vibrations one gets in such cases is not very good, ofcourse this can't be told without physically visiting the site but man, better opt out.
    CommentQuote
    psangani,

There are 22 flats/floor . Seeing so many flats per floor for the first time in my life....phew !

I analyzed the floor plans of all flats & concluded not a single flat is properly laid out. I won't recommend either of these flats.

Besides Vastushastra, imagine 22 flats/floor. How much ventilation, privacy, cross-air flow etc. you expect ? There is toilet of other flat in front of kitchen & vice-versa. Once complete, this project will surely give a hell lot of congested feel. This I am saying based on my experience in RE. Think about this aspect as well man.

Best thing for you would be to find some other property.

** So many flats nearby as not recommended even by Vastu perspective. If you see, the vibrations one gets in such cases is not very good, ofcourse this can't be told without physically visiting the site but man, better opt out.

Hey Ra,
    Thats right - since 22 flats r there..so wont get good ventilation..!! hmmm..looking at your suggestions, let me try to get out from this property man..
    thx a lot once again for the valuable inputs and suggestions..
    God Bless you my friend.. have a happy weekend..
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA

Thanks RA for clearing my doubts.
    Yes whatever i have learnt regarding Vastu, it is from your posts in REF.
    You always say that until the vastu is good....if not perfect, keep searching......and that what i did ....Search for flat was going on for almost 1 yr and everyone started to bully me reg my vastu gyan.....but i am happy that finally i got flat whish is say 75% vastu complaint.

Anyway thanks for the tips and guidance.
    Keep the good work.

Regards,
    Mahesh

Originally Posted by realacres
    Dear Mahesh,

First & foremost, thanks for dividing the floor plan in 9 parts in proper way :). Though now I can simply visualize, I still do it to be more sure. In a way, its good that you have learnt lot of things about Vastushastra which I can pick up from the points you mentioned below. Very good.
    Here are my replies :-

There is no issue at all in such case. No need to worry. Also note that in case of flats, the first priority is for the space inside the flat & not outside. The space outside the flat needs to be considered only when you are building on your own land. Eg. Bungalow, villa etc.

Though cut is there, it is not big. The remedies are :-

> For NE cut, place a mirror on Northern wall of NE bedroom. Please note though that if NE is completely cut or has a major cut, then there are no solutions for the same.

> For SW cut, in the planter, place a palm tree with brown color earthen pots. The entire furniture in m.bed in SW needs to be in combinations of various shades of brown.

It is absolutely OK. Need not do any remedies for this.

> It is not good but in case of flat, you can't remove the beam. Hence, ensure to have a sharp white color light by use of chandelier/jhoomar or some hanging ceiling fixture over here & use it in evenings.

> If possible, best to shift the refrigerator elsewhere, preferably towards the utility terrace of the kitchen.

> Wardrobe is OK, but don't have loft in the bedroom here. Keep this wardrobe as light as possible, i.e. don't stuff heavy things in it. All heavy/big wardrobes can be done towards the terrace of this bedroom which falls in south direction.

Yes. Pooja in NE corner of the room, sit facing east while doing pooja.
    The bed should be in SW part of the room.
    As the mirror as mentioned above will come in front of bed, cover it with some cloth at night.

Shoe rack can be inside or outside the house depending upon the entrance door location. However, universal rule is that shoe rack should not be adjoining the door outside & from inside, it should not be the first thing which you will see after entering the house.

In your case, the entrance is NE, the most auspicious direction of the house. It is recommended not to have shoe rack here. Hence, better have the shoe rack in the terrace attached to the living.

* PS:- Ideal place for shoe rack is NW-West.

Good that you are finding faults on your own !! Appreciate it.
    Remedies are :-

For toilet use the one which falls more towards NW, i.e. the attached toilet with the bedroom. The North toilet should not be used at all. At best, only for bathing purpose.

Use raw sea salt in both the toilets & replace it after 15 days (this is universal tip). Using exhaust fan, ensure the air remains fresh. As far as possible, use white color in the bathroom.

Vastu for flat is important. The furniture layout for rooms is in our hands, hence can be changed at any time but structure can't.

Also, for entrance of rooms, it is better to have them in auspicious directions, but remember that location of entrance door is more important that location of individual room doors.

The reply for pooja, bed etc. is already given above. Just ensure to have some wooden partition near the pooja room to bifurcate it from the bedroom. This partition can be even of 4-5 ft in height.

As far as shifting of door is concerned of small room from NW to SW, it is OK. No major issues with that.

It is better not to do this as it falls in SE part of house, represented by Agni.
    Placing water at the place of fire is not recommended.

Ok. No probs.

It has to be placed in SW corner of the flat. Hence, it will be located in the m.bedroom in SW corner, facing North.

The furniture layout of the bedroom is good. No changes required.

> Part of the kitchen falls in brahmasthan. Ensure that the cooking top is located in SE corner of the kitchen, cook facing east. This will ensure absence of agni in brahmasthan & location of cooking top/hob will be in perfect location within the kitchen.

> The terrace attached to the bedroom needs to be made more heavier compared to the one attached to the living room.

Given above itself. Besides those, lit chandan incense stick daily & play chanting mantras daily in the house. You can have Ganesh poojan as well.
    Put a 'toran' on the main entrance door of yellow color. Use auspicious symbols on the entrance door.

> Entrance door,
    > Small bedroom being used for pooja room,
    > Location of both the bedrooms,
    > Location of living room.

Hope this cleared your doubts.

* PS:- Will reply to other members here soon.
    CommentQuote
  • Anybody please tell me how to upload attachment? I dont see any button here... Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Need vastu opinion

Hi Real,

Firstly a big thanks to you for all the good work you do on IREF.

I am considering booking a 2BHK (unit no 4) in the floor plan attached. Would appreciate your views on whether unit 4 is good from a vastu standpoint and if not, whether other units are suitable.

Thanks a lot, Vamladi
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Designer
    >Placing of bed in such a way that head should be in south direction is feasible on north-west bedroom, but south-west master bed have a window in south wall of the room, is it fine as per Vaastu if we have adjoining window just behind our bed?

>Also in 3rd bedroom south wall have cupboard space in South wall so I don’t understand how to align bed there, please guide me for the same.

>Previously I was planning to place a wall mounted Pooja Place (Just one feet above the floor) in South-East corner of the Living Room but now because shoe stand will be just near this place I have to abandoned this idea. Can you please suggest a suitable place based on my layout plan?

Ideally, facing with head at South is best. If not, the other option is head should be at East. However, the bed has to be in SW part of the room.

The pooja room has to be in NE corner of the house, followed by North & East. You can pooja room anywhere in the house from North-NE & NE-East & ensure that it is placed in this area only of the room.

As per your advice north-east direction (entrance in my case) is not an ideal place to keep shoe stand, It sounds very odd but I will try to avoid this situation by placing shoe rack in terrace attached to Living room for family/personal use. But for guests and temporary visitors I have to keep one wall mounted shoe rack near entrance because of practical requirement with all other needful items as advised by you.

In NE, it is best to keep medicines in that small cupboard. This does 2 things -

> Members don't need medicines,
    > The effectiveness of the medicines goes up.

And as far as guests are concerned, it is OK for some time; but ensure that the shoe rack remains empty in absence of guest.

Hope this helps.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by psangani
    Hey Ra,
    Thats right - since 22 flats r there..so wont get good ventilation..!! hmmm..looking at your suggestions, let me try to get out from this property man..
    thx a lot once again for the valuable inputs and suggestions..
    God Bless you my friend.. have a happy weekend..

Thanks man :).
    And if you have any query, please feel to write in. Take care.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshnale
    Thanks RA for clearing my doubts.
    Yes whatever i have learnt regarding Vastu, it is from your posts in REF.
    You always say that until the vastu is good....if not perfect, keep searching......and that what i did ....Search for flat was going on for almost 1 yr and everyone started to bully me reg my vastu gyan.....but i am happy that finally i got flat whish is say 75% vastu complaint.

Anyway thanks for the tips and guidance.
    Keep the good work.

Regards,
    Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your kind words.:)
    It is indeed good to see that people are taking this science more seriously. Ever wondered why there was prosperity in India few centuries ago ? If you observe closely, most of the houses were built by Vastushastra norms.
    Eg. Open courtyard in between, kitchen & dining not visible from door & living room, toilets used be located bit away from main house body, rangoli in front of house, toran on doors, auspicious symbols on doors etc.

The good part was you didn't get bogged down by others' comments. There are people who feel that someone is making timepass out of Vastushastra :(. Anyways, lets move over it.

People like you & other members here will surely benefit by using Vastu principles & yes try to spread info about this wonderful science to as many people as possible so that they too benefit.:)

BTW, here is small exercise for you all -

Go to the house which you intend to buy alone (if with family, keep them outside the house for some time). Inside the house, feel the vibes. Close your eyes & feel the energy. If you feel good, the house will suit you; if not be careful.

Other simple thing is to take baby along. If baby looks happy, place is good; if baby cries or gets scared, beware. Babies have very good institutional sense.

And yes, you need to do some meditation too to experience such vibes, but once you get it, it is a heavenly experience :).

Originally Posted by aknair
    Anybody please tell me how to upload attachment? I dont see any button here... Thanks in advance

There is option called 'Manage Attachments' below the Miscellaneous Options.
    CommentQuote