Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ilovepune
    Dear RealAcres,
    I have been visiting this site for apartment in pune for last 2 years. I already face marital issues and have health issues in my parents house. It is facing NW entry. Though we have been advised with vastu issues I love this house a lot. It is my fathers house who brought us from down to high in sky. I can not do much there. Now I am planning to buy a house for myself. While doing so I wanted to ensure that no major vastu issues are present. After observing this forum for last 2 years I feel that it is very difficult to get a apartment that satisfies all vastu requirements. Apartment no is 705. https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=9532. After all life is full of compromises.

Please find attached apartment that I have finalized. I would really appreciate if you could give your expert opinion. Recommend if I need to make any changes to it.

First, thanks for sharing such things. Appreciate your honesty.
    Coming to the flat you have selected, the biggest flaw is the kitchen in North, North facing. This is the direction of Kuber & having agni here will burn out financial prospects. No doubt the entrance & bedrooms are just perfect but having a kitchen in North will simply mean money will flow in & will be wasted, leading to poor savings.

Hence, avoid buying this flat.

Coming to life & difficulties, man, the other name of life is test. It for this very reason we are born on this earth.....to clear this test & to get rid of birth-death cycles. Many people forget this once on earth & repent only when they don't have body. So, I would say that what you said though is correct, why bring in problems which can be avoided at first place ??

Infact, you posting your message here itself will have to do something with your karma or rather good karma. As my friend, I would just suggest, have patience & keep searching, once your time comes, you will automatically get a good house. Seen several cases, first hand experience. Have faith & keep searching.

Hey, am I sounding like a 'Baba' ? :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by savvy_v
    Originally Posted by savvy_v

awaiting realacre for your expert comments...
    thanks,
    savvy_v:)

REALACRE;
    thanks,

REALACRE;
    thanks,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by navrai
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=9471 Realacres Sir

I am planning to construct my house. I am sending you the floor plan which is prepared by a friend as par him he prepared this considering vastu aspects also. Actually I am googling some useful tips regarding house construction when I came across this site and saw your posts and reply to various members regarding their quarries. I am very much sure that you will help me. God always shows the right directions to everyone......Right now I am feeling the same when I found this site especially for You Sir.

Thanks in Advance

Your entire house is in sub-direction. You need to align it to main directions at first place. I don't recommend anyone to stay in house which is in sub-direction. The angle of deviation should not be more than 8-10 deg max to max. Btw, location of kitchen is also wrong. It has to be in SE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravindersingh
    According vasstu the main door of the home is towards North direction because north side has "KUBER" means money.
    good
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurups
    Dear realacres,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, we have already started processing the purchase of this flat as it was very difficult for us to find a house even with our very basic knowledge.
    As we are a nuclear family with 6 year old daughter, we can manage with one toilet. When I drew 9 rectangles and checked, commode of M bed attached toilet falls in North and wash basin in NW portion. Is it necessary to change the position? And can we use common wash room purely as bath room?(like olden days pattern)
    We have no problem in keeping center room as M bed room. Please advise us where we can set the pooja room.
    Kindly bless us with your advice.

Best regards,

gurups

As you have proceeded, please do the needful as mentioned below :-

> Use North washroom purely as bathroom. Don't even install WC over there.
    > Even if you use the south bedroom as m.bed, remember to do the following -

* Keep the valuables, money etc. in the m.bed as per floor plan in SW corner as it is the SW corner of the house, door should open towards North,
    * Make this as heavy as possible. You can have your wardrobes here,
    * Keep your happy family pic in SW corner i.e. again the extreme left bedroom.

> In kitchen, have the cooking platform on east wall, so that you face east while cooking,
    > Use pastel green color in kitchen. It can be for mod kitchen, some paint or tiles etc.

> Don't have safety door. Rather than this, use secured door itself like Entasafe or opt for home security system. Using night-latch can be a cheaper option too alongwith video door phone.

And pooja room will have to be in your living room & NE, East fall here & in North there is bathroom. Don't have it in front of main door, so, no option on east wall. You can have it on North wall of living room, but ensure it is not adjoining to bathroom. Using wood & glass, nice partition can be done without hampering the look of the living room.

For entrance door, it should open towards left from inside. And have this door in off-white, cream, white or combination amongst these colors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by navrai
    I have 2 more query.

1. Which side I put my main gate (gate from which we enter in the veranda and then comes the room entry & stairs entry )

It can be anywhere from NE to center of North & NE to center of East.
    In case of west wall, it can be 4th house from NW to West side. However, it is the last option in terms of good locations. Better stick to the previous options.

Also, staircase should not be bang in front of entrance either.

2 Can we use the kitchen area as guest room or study room when we construct the first floor.

Kitchen should be in SE & not NW. Guest room should ideally be on ground floor itself & first floor for girls room. But still if you want to have NW bedroom on 1st floor its OK, but note that there should not be any bedroom above or below toilet, pooja room & kitchen.
    You can simply have a family room or similar where one won't sleep above kitchen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djalan
    Respected Sir,

I have been reading all your suggestions in this forum for quite some time. I really appreciate the kind of efforts you take in giving your valuable insight for each & every query.

Sir I have been searching for a flat in mumbai for quite some time. Recently came across this property. It would be very kind of you if I can get your valuable feedback regarding its vastu compliance.

If you think Servant room is making the NE empty, I can make the kitchen platform L shape. That will help in keeping the gas stove in east and will close the entry to servant room. Servant room will become separate unit as it has a separate door from the lobby. I can then close the servant room permanently.

Thanks you very much in advance
    Deepak

The bathroom near kitchen needs to be used purely as bathroom only.
    Closing the servant room access from house as well as to dry/utility balcony will surely reduce the NE cut effect but not eliminate it. And even by doing so, there will be then water in SE (agni) which is not good either.
    Btw, what do you plan to do with that servants room ? And man, in SW, there is living room. There has to be a bedroom there. Any more options on the same floors to explore ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by savvy_v

I have been reading all your suggestions in this forum for quite some time. I really appreciate the kind of efforts you take in giving your valuable insight for each & every query.

Sir I have booked a flat in HPG PANVEL GARDEN mumbai for quite some time. Recently came across this property. It would be very kind of you if I can get your valuable feedback regarding its vastu compliance.
    MY FLAT IS ON 27TH FLOOR and NUMBER 3
    thats 2703....

Thanks you very much in advance:)
    savvy_v

I would suggest not to buy this flat. Reasons :-

> Major cut in NE,
    > Kitchen in NE,
    > Toilets in North & SW.

Man, except for location of bedrooms, nothing is good in this flat & is best to avoid it, not to forget that there is a significant deviation from main directions. This house goes in sub-direction as it can be seen that the angle must be around 20-25 deg, which is bad.

So, drop this flat.

Anyone whose query is still pending ?
    Please inform so that I can reply ASAP.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    The bathroom near kitchen needs to be used purely as bathroom only.
    Closing the servant room access from house as well as to dry/utility balcony will surely reduce the NE cut effect but not eliminate it. And even by doing so, there will be then water in SE (agni) which is not good either.
    Btw, what do you plan to do with that servants room ? And man, in SW, there is living room. There has to be a bedroom there. Any more options on the same floors to explore ?

Respected Sir,

Thank You very much for Your guidance. Actually I was thinking of closing the servant room permanently & not use it for any purpose if that is beneficial. Otherwise I would have used it as kitchen store.

This is the only flat which was not in sub-direction. Rest of them are either in subdirection or entry is from south. So, what is your final verdict ? Should I look for another flat ?

Let me once again thank you for being such a nice guide..

Regards
    Deepak
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    First, thanks for sharing such things. Appreciate your honesty.
    Coming to the flat you have selected, the biggest flaw is the kitchen in North, North facing. This is the direction of Kuber & having agni here will burn out financial prospects. No doubt the entrance & bedrooms are just perfect but having a kitchen in North will simply mean money will flow in & will be wasted, leading to poor savings.

Hence, avoid buying this flat.

Coming to life & difficulties, man, the other name of life is test. It for this very reason we are born on this earth.....to clear this test & to get rid of birth-death cycles. Many people forget this once on earth & repent only when they don't have body. So, I would say that what you said though is correct, why bring in problems which can be avoided at first place ??

Infact, you posting your message here itself will have to do something with your karma or rather good karma. As my friend, I would just suggest, have patience & keep searching, once your time comes, you will automatically get a good house. Seen several cases, first hand experience. Have faith & keep searching.

Hey, am I sounding like a 'Baba' ? :D

Thanks a lot Real for your analysis. Even I had notion about kitchen problem. I have one question. If we shift kitchen towards dining area and use dining area as kitchen , will it help. Kitchen sink can not be shifted. But kitchen platform and related stuff can be moved to dining area opposite to kitchen. In current kitchen area we will have dining space.

Any other defect you see in this house. Will it bring or at least stabilize personal issues ? I have a very sweet daughter. Will she have any impact with this house.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Real,

I have booked a flat in Bangalore. The link to access the floor plans are here
    http://www.providenthousing.com/images/harmony/Floor%20Plans/wing-A12-&-A13.jpg

Can you please review the Vaastu features of flat numbered 102. The North Direction is at about 10 degrees from horizontal line of the plan. I booked it as its a corner flat with M.Bedroom having windows on 2 sides and also the entrance is facing East. However going by your thread, I doubt if it is good as per the Vaastu.

Best Regards,
    Anshuman
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by persqfeet
    Super. Thanks Real for your quick reply and thank god I didn't give into the pressure and book the flat.

So the search is on...

Thanks once again.
    @sqft

It's good man & appreciate your mind overtaking the heart in such case.
    It is better to be late than never. So, what decision you took is correct, else you would have INVITED problems for no reason. And I am here to help you all, whenever you find a flat which you like, just give info here & I will surely revert.

Wish you all the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djalan
    Respected Sir,

Thank You very much for Your guidance. Actually I was thinking of closing the servant room permanently & not use it for any purpose if that is beneficial. Otherwise I would have used it as kitchen store.

This is the only flat which was not in sub-direction. Rest of them are either in subdirection or entry is from south. So, what is your final verdict ? Should I look for another flat ?

Let me once again thank you for being such a nice guide..

Regards
    Deepak

Dear Deepak,

The NE bedroom would not have been used as bedroom, but as study + pooja room only. The servant quarters would have got wasted as it wouldn't have been used even as store-room as it is in east. So, you waste your money for this area for no reason.
    Apart from that, there would have been major cut in SE or rather almost SE would have gone.
    And most importantly, SW would have been as living room. Guests staying in the area which is made to be strictly for owner of the house with no access for 3rd party. Lack of bedroom here is also not good (though it doesn't mean bad).

All in all, I don't think it is worth to buy the flat due to multiple issues. And if you are ready to keep servants room closed, I suggest you also look at pure 3 BR flats as well, who knows you may stumble upon better flat this way. Please note that having servant quarter sharing common wall with flat is not good at first place. And this also leads to additional bath/toilet which may not be favorable in most cases.

To conclude, keep searching man. I sure you will find one far better than this. Good luck. :)

** PS:- No need to call me Sir, simply address to me as RA, realacres or real. Even friend is welcome.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ilovepune
    Thanks a lot Real for your analysis. Even I had notion about kitchen problem. I have one question. If we shift kitchen towards dining area and use dining area as kitchen , will it help. Kitchen sink can not be shifted. But kitchen platform and related stuff can be moved to dining area opposite to kitchen. In current kitchen area we will have dining space.

Doing this will result in kitchen going in brahmasthan which is even bad than current location. It is best not to do it, nor to continue to have kitchen in current location i.e. North.
    Frankly, you don't have any options to play around in this case.

Any other defect you see in this house. Will it bring or at least stabilize personal issues ? I have a very sweet daughter. Will she have any impact with this house.

The other major problem in this flat is NW is almost gone. Had there been small cut or similar, some remedies would have been possible to reduce (& not eliminate) the impact but absence of NW is bad as it results in loss of opportunites, stagnated growth & not so good relations between family members, especially husband & wife.

The North kitchen will only make the matters worse. The entire family is affected, either positively or negatively who stays in the house, though the owner has max impact, good or bad. Essentially, what is good for you is good for everyone & vice-versa.

And man, I really appreciate your care towards your family. Seems you did face lots of probs in current house & are very much eager to get rid of those ASAP so that your daughter will be least affected & her future will be better. Am I right or right ?

Man, best thing to do would be to drop this flat & hunt for better one.

* PS:-

I have come across a good floor plan based on Vastu (thanks to the fact that the builder himself is strong believer in this science which made this possible). Will post the link for the same soon so that you all will have quite clear idea as to what to look at while buying a flat.

Not to forget that the vibes are very important which can be experienced only by visiting the site. Just stand in the flat at centre, close your eyes & feel the vibrations. If you feel good, the frequency matches, if not, forget it. Just note that to do this, you need to meditate a lot to improve the focus & keep out from non-veg food & alcohol.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anshu0806
    Hello Real,

I have booked a flat in Bangalore. The link to access the floor plans are here
    http://www.providenthousing.com/images/harmony/Floor%20Plans/wing-A12-&-A13.jpg

Can you please review the Vaastu features of flat numbered 102. The North Direction is at about 10 degrees from horizontal line of the plan. I booked it as its a corner flat with M.Bedroom having windows on 2 sides and also the entrance is facing East. However going by your thread, I doubt if it is good as per the Vaastu.

Best Regards,
    Anshuman

Dear Anshuman,

The flat is very bad according to Vastu. Just see the major reasons :-

> There is toilet in NE, this is the most dangerous thing,
    > Entrance is east facing but in SE. All opportunities get burnt. This entrance also leads to increase in anger levels of the occupants,
    > M.bed in NE. This leads to progeny issues & invites serious trouble for female members of the family.

All these factors above or rather just the first one is sufficient to reject such flat. The only good part is kitchen in SE & one bedroom in west.

To conclude, don't buy this at any costs. Even if you loose some amount as penalty, let is happen & exit. Man, toilet at NE is deadly. I may sound harsh but take this as warning sign & exit ASAP. Take care.
    CommentQuote