Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks Real for the review. Can you please check if any of the 4 flats shown in the plan is good as per the vaastu.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

After seeing all your helpful posts, I am encouraged to seek your valued opinion.
    Is it possible that problems begin even though one is owning but not occupying the property?
    Lately I am beset with a lot of doubts, kindly advise if I should retain this property or not.
    attachment enclosed

warm regards
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,

Thank you so much for your valuable guidance and inputs. We will do our interiors as per your advice. Kindly suggest where to place the shoe rack, as our entrance is in NE. Is it OK if we keep on the eastern portion of living room?

Best regards,
    gurups
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please comment on the two layouts

Dear RA, I stumbled upon this thread yesterday by chance & could not stop reading it completely start to end ... amazing dedication & willingness to serve for no selfish means..hats off...rare to find such individuals now a days.

I have a couples of queries on the two floors that I own (don't stay there currently), I have two floors (both ground floors, North facing) in a three-floor building. Had bought both in North facing but looks like that there could be some issues after reading your various recommendations.

1/ Can you please review the plans for both & recommend suitable actions (including actions for removing minor doshas if possible).

2/ Could you also advise if I have drawn the grid correctly. note there are boundary wall all pink lines but not sure if we need to draw the grid from the pink lines?

3/ Which one is better for staying if I were to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance for spending time to do this for me....great gesture I must admit once again :-)

NB: Unit 58 is a corner unit on the row & unit 4 is not (refer google map image)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurups
    Dear Realacres,

Thank you so much for your valuable guidance and inputs. We will do our interiors as per your advice. Kindly suggest where to place the shoe rack, as our entrance is in NE. Is it OK if we keep on the eastern portion of living room?

Best regards,
    gurups

Hi Gurups,

It is OK if you have shoe rack in east of living room (though NW of house is best). The only precaution you need to take is the shoe rack should be closed one i.e. with doors, no transparent glass through which can be seen either. Ofcourse you can have slits/holes for ventilation purposes. And do ensure that the rack is closed all the time.
    CommentQuote
  • Some Queries

Originally Posted by Harry16949
    Dear RA, I stumbled upon this thread yesterday by chance & could not stop reading it completely start to end ... amazing dedication & willingness to serve for no selfish means..hats off...rare to find such individuals now a days.

Thanks for your kind words man. Problem is many people are commercializing this wonderful science for selfish reasons & most con innocent advice seekers . Hence, the reason for me to be here.

I have a couples of queries on the two floors that I own (don't stay there currently), I have two floors (both ground floors, North facing) in a three-floor building. Had bought both in North facing but looks like that there could be some issues after reading your various recommendations.

Even if you don't stay here, it will have an impact on you.

1/ Can you please review the plans for both & recommend suitable actions (including actions for removing minor doshas if possible).

Is it possible to change the staircase ?

2/ Could you also advise if I have drawn the grid correctly. note there are boundary wall all pink lines but not sure if we need to draw the grid from the pink lines?

Yes, it is correct. The layout needs to be considered only of the house/constructed area. The land area is to be considered before building the house for borewell, septic tank, open spaces, location of house etc. But as this is a row house/duplex, you can't control land use. Anyways, the grid drawn by you is correct. Good job. :)

3/ Which one is better for staying if I were to choose one over the other?

I have a confusion :-

Are the 3 floors going to be owned by 3 different people ? Is the staircase shown in the floor plan common for all 3 floors ? Is it possible to shift the staircase ? I will be able to tell you exact details & solutions only after knowing these things.

Btw, saw the location on google maps but the info asked above is critical before I take a final call.
    Awaiting reply.
    CommentQuote
  • Sell off

Originally Posted by rajurau
    Dear RA

After seeing all your helpful posts, I am encouraged to seek your valued opinion.
    Is it possible that problems begin even though one is owning but not occupying the property?
    Lately I am beset with a lot of doubts, kindly advise if I should retain this property or not.
    attachment enclosed

warm regards

Hi Rajurau,

Yes, you face good & bad results even if you don't stay in your owned property.
    Consider house like your wife. If she is good, you will be happy even if you are in US & if she is bad, you will be unhappy wherever you are.

The impact of Vastu starts from the day the property gets registered in your name, good or bad. Ofcourse, if you go & stay there, you get the impact with max force, again good or bad.

In the floor plan, there is a toilet or rather toilets (2) in NE which is the biggest Vastu-dosha. There are others too like entrance door in SW etc. but after seeing issue with NE, there are no remedies & the impact is very bad. This leads to chronic illnesses besides financial losses. One will always face one problem or other & the owner doesn't knows from where the hell the problem arises at first place & finding solution becomes difficult.
    Therefore, it is best you sell off this house ASAP & buy a new good one.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

I have a confusion :-

Are the 3 floors going to be owned by 3 different people ? Is the staircase shown in the floor plan common for all 3 floors ? Is it possible to shift the staircase ? I will be able to tell you exact details & solutions only after knowing these things.

Thanks for taking out time for the review RA...much appreciated.

As regards your query..... well these are builder floors basically where Ground, the 1st & 2nd floors are held by different owners. The area of stairs (shown in blue) is common for all floors & is going to be used by owners on 1 & 2 floors only primarily. I have units on the ground floor as of today. There is an entry to my floor from the stairs side as well apart from the North facing entry (shown in yellow...east facing in case of unit 58)...not sure if I would like to use it much though as the door would face the stairs directly & may have to be avoided (little that I learnt from your posts so far on this thread). Not possible to alter the stairs or move them elsewhere....-if I had a choice I would have placed them in West side of the unit 58 but alas.

Does the stairs area marked in blue cut the NE portion of unit 58 in any significant way or can this be considered as part of construction & hence not a cut?

I am considering of buying the two floors above 58 too (though not yet available for sale...only hoping for the same in future) so as to have the complete bldg....in that case the stairs would be primarily in the single ownership....how would then be the scenario while keeping the stairs as it is.

NB: I have placed two units side by side as they are on ground in actual. Note, however, that the unit 58 is a corner unit & is away from unit 04 (which is not a corner unit)...refer google map image for the exact location. 1st & second floors are replica of the ground floor.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to your analysis eagerly now.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anshu0806
    Thanks Real for the review. Can you please check if any of the 4 flats shown in the plan is good as per the vaastu.

Frankly, not a single flat can be called excellent but still of the 4 if you want to pick, it has to be 104.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres & friends,
    What a great resource you and fellow participants have put up on this forum. It's quite informative and enlightening especially for first time home buyers. And I appreciate all the time and effort put into this selfless service.

My 3 year old son had an accident last year and is generally not well (by birth). We are renting at the moment and have seen a house with the below floor plan.

Could you please cast your eyes on the attached plan and comment on the main aspects of the house?

Also please provide some advise on the below:
    1. Location of the mandir (we were thinking of bedroom 3 as it's NE - hanging on the wall). Should the mandir always be on the ground floor?

2. My parents / in-laws are getting old and can't climb the stairs 5-10 times a day to use the toilets on the first floor. My question is - can I convert the under stairs storage space (East) on ground floor into a small toilet. This would mean that the kitchen and the new toilet would share a wall. Is this advisable or would this bring vaastu dosha in the house? Under storage space highlighted on the ground floor plan.

3. Also please provide some commentary on the location of the stairs?

All advise highly appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lancsak
    Could you please cast your eyes on the attached plan and comment on the main aspects of the house?

Also please provide some advise on the below:
    1. Location of the mandir (we were thinking of bedroom 3 as it's NE - hanging on the wall). Should the mandir always be on the ground floor?

Though the location is correct, the floor is not. Mandir HAS TO BE on ground floor, so has to be the kitchen. Also, never hang mandir, it has to be kept on floor, 1 ft above the floor.

2. My parents / in-laws are getting old and can't climb the stairs 5-10 times a day to use the toilets on the first floor. My question is - can I convert the under stairs storage space (East) on ground floor into a small toilet.

Having a toilet below stairs is very bad. Stairs are symbol of 'rise' & having toilet below it will diminish the good opportunities in life. So, don't built a toilet here.

This would mean that the kitchen and the new toilet would share a wall. Is this advisable or would this bring vaastu dosha in the house? Under storage space highlighted on the ground floor plan.

A toilet-kitchen-pooja room should never share common wall with each other. Hence, this is bad.

3. Also please provide some commentary on the location of the stairs?

The stairs are in East, which is bad. East should be as light as possible. Also, having stairs bang in front of entrance door magnifies all the problems, so even small problem becomes bigger & this problem can be related to relationships, health, career, finance etc. Never ever have staircase right in front of entrance door.

All advise highly appreciated.

I would frankly suggest to look for better house. There is one thing which I can't put on forum, hence sent you PM. Please read & revert.
    Hope this helps.

** As you are newbie, I can't send you PM. Please put your email ID here, need to communicate something which can't be put on forum. Its related to your son though.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harry16949
    Thanks for taking out time for the review RA...much appreciated.

You're welcome man.

As regards your query..... well these are builder floors basically where Ground, the 1st & 2nd floors are held by different owners. The area of stairs (shown in blue) is common for all floors & is going to be used by owners on 1 & 2 floors only primarily. I have units on the ground floor as of today. There is an entry to my floor from the stairs side as well apart from the North facing entry (shown in yellow...east facing in case of unit 58)...not sure if I would like to use it much though as the door would face the stairs directly & may have to be avoided (little that I learnt from your posts so far on this thread). Not possible to alter the stairs or move them elsewhere....-if I had a choice I would have placed them in West side of the unit 58 but alas.

The best thing would be to have unit 58 but have the staircase like unit 04. The internal layout of 58 is good but stairs in NE makes all the things pretty useless. Stairs in NE is very, very bad.
    The location of kitchen, bedrooms, toilets etc. is good in 58.
    It is best if YOU CAN get the stairs shifted towards west in 58. And being a corner row-house, one more side & road is available which is good.

Better drop 04 & buy entire 58 with modifications as mentioned here i.e. just of stairs. Not ot forget that the compound gate of 58 too is located at NE which is additional plus for the house.

So, 58 with stairs in west is a good option to go with. I think speaking with builder should do the trick.

Does the stairs area marked in blue cut the NE portion of unit 58 in any significant way or can this be considered as part of construction & hence not a cut?

As you too have access from this side & you also have right on stairs, it can't be called a cut. But if you don't have any right on this area, then it becomes cut for you.

I am considering of buying the two floors above 58 too (though not yet available for sale...only hoping for the same in future) so as to have the complete bldg....in that case the stairs would be primarily in the single ownership....how would then be the scenario while keeping the stairs as it is.

See above para. Stairs need to be shifted to west. Speak with builder & I think if you tell him right reasons, there should be no reason for him to not accept such mod.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to your analysis eagerly now.

Conclusion:-

Unit 58 with stairs in west.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

I would frankly suggest to look for better house. There is one thing which I can't put on forum, hence sent you PM. Please read & revert.
    Hope this helps.

** As you are newbie, I can't send you PM. Please put your email ID here, need to communicate something which can't be put on forum. Its related to your son though.

Thanks for your time Realacres and for reviewing the plan. I've PM'ed you my email ID. thanks once again - much appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Advise on floor plan

Hi RA,
    I am buying a plot and love with the floor plan attached. The house faces SE direction to a road in front. The garage of the house is on left (S) and main entrance on right (E), when you stand on the street looking at the house. Attached is the floor plan, please guide me whether can we go with this plan or not?
    Main concern is on master-bedroom location.
    Thank you very much.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by karthy
    Hi RA,
    I am buying a plot and love with the floor plan attached. The house faces SE direction to a road in front. The garage of the house is on left (S) and main entrance on right (E), when you stand on the street looking at the house. Attached is the floor plan, please guide me whether can we go with this plan or not?
    Main concern is on master-bedroom location.
    Thank you very much.

I saw the floor plan but directions are not mentioned on it. But based on what you said, house faces SE, i.e. exact sub-direction & this is not recommended.
    Also, SE facing houses lead to loss of opportunities & increase in temper of the residents, which indirectly harms personal relations. In such case, I won't recommend it but still please mention the direction of layout & then again upload it.
    CommentQuote