Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi real saw your posts really impressed
    What is your opinion about the layout please refer the link
    http://prateekbuildtechindia.com/images/floor-plan-1735.jpg

It has north at an angle of 70 degrees, entrance door is coming in north east area and master bed room towards sw area, please comment on the vastu of this flat I am planning to convert the bathroom with study room in to store room and half of the study room I will divide with wall to convert to pooja room of size about 4*3
    Just one concern the bathroom area with study room if covrted to store room will have any impact as the above floor flat will be having bathroom in that area though.

Kindly reply
    Thanks in advance

CommentQuote
  • Advise on floor plan

Thanks RA, for the quick reply.
    Attached is the floor plan with direction. Also includes the plot-site plan with directions.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA
    still waiting for your reply
    CommentQuote
  • Is my flat Vaastu compliant?

I've shortlisted 3BHK flat on Valmark Amoda on Kammanahalli road. The plot is east facing, but the flat main door which I'm getting is 'south facing'. The builder says it's vaastu compliant, but I would require your help in deciding whether the buy is ok.

Floor plan: http://www.valmark.in/images/project...type_c4_a4.jpg

Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Studying the floor plans posted by all of you guys. Will reply shortly.
    CommentQuote
  • One more request for vastu compliancy

Realacres,

Last time you helped me with flat analysis that I was thinking of finalizing. Please find attached second one that I have finalized now. Flat no is C403. I would really appreciate if you could give your comments for this apartment.

Size and location suits to my requirement. Only Vastu part I am bit .

Thanks for all your help.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rafuchakkar
    Hi real saw your posts really impressed
    What is your opinion about the layout please refer the link

It has north at an angle of 70 degrees, entrance door is coming in north east area and master bed room towards sw area, please comment on the vastu of this flat I am planning to convert the bathroom with study room in to store room and half of the study room I will divide with wall to convert to pooja room of size about 4*3
    Just one concern the bathroom area with study room if covrted to store room will have any impact as the above floor flat will be having bathroom in that area though.

Kindly reply
    Thanks in advance

Man, there are no directions mentioned in the floor plan. Please mention it & then upload the plan. Will reply surely.
    CommentQuote
  • Drop this property

Originally Posted by karthy
    Thanks RA, for the quick reply.
    Attached is the floor plan with direction. Also includes the plot-site plan with directions.

There are 2 major flaws :-

> The plot & structure is in sub-direction, from the angle mentioned, it is clear that is has to be between 35-45 deg, which is bad;

> The staircase is in Brahmasthan/centre which is one of the deadly probs. Never buy this even if for free. This is issue even if the directions would have been correct. This issue is sufficient for you to drop this property as there is no remedy for staircase in Brahmasthan.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ritzman
    I've shortlisted 3BHK flat on Valmark Amoda on Kammanahalli road. The plot is east facing, but the flat main door which I'm getting is 'south facing'. The builder says it's vaastu compliant, but I would require your help in deciding whether the buy is ok.

Floor plan: http://www.valmark.in/images/project...type_c4_a4.jpg

Regards,

Man, the link is not working. Can you please upload the floor plan here using "Manage Attachments" options ? This will be of good help.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ilovepune
    Realacres,

Last time you helped me with flat analysis that I was thinking of finalizing. Please find attached second one that I have finalized now. Flat no is C403. I would really appreciate if you could give your comments for this apartment.

Size and location suits to my requirement. Only Vastu part I am bit .

Thanks for all your help.

Here is the reading for your flat 403 :-

Good :-

> Entrance is east facing, in NE;
    > Both the bedroom locations is v.good,
    > Living room location is very good.

Bad :-

> Big cut in NE part;
    > Bad locations for toi/bath, one in SE (agni) & other in east. All this will lead to poor harmony & health probs,
    > Significant part of kitchen goes in Brahmasthan, which is very bad. Also the kitchen platform is such that you cook facing either North or South, both bad for cooking. Though platform facing issue can be altered with some mods, location of kitchen isn't. Add to it that remaining part out of Brahmasthan falls in west, which again isn't good,
    > Cut in NW but can be managed.

Overall, though there are pros for the flat, the cons outweigh the pros, hence better to look elsewhere. And this kitchen stuff is common to all the flats, from X01-X04 as the centre/brahmsthan remains the same. The toi/bath & kitchen have played spoilsport in your case. One toi/bath could have been adjusted but both being in wrong directions isn't good.

I also suggest you to buy a good quality compass & check the directions on-site yourself. Many times, builders just mention east-west-north-south even if they are in sub-direction.

Keep scouting ILP. I know it is hard but its worth the wait than to buy & repent later for life. Hope you agree.

And my humble request to all :-

Please don't rely on builders' floor plan. Make a site visit yourself & verify whether the directions are as per builder's floor plan or not & then upload the plans. Seen several cases where on-site, the project is in sub-direction, while the website/brochure shows proper main directions.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please provide your opinion on this floor plan?

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=10429
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bangy_11
    Can you please provide your opinion on this floor plan?

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=10429

There is toilet in NE, biggest Vastu Dosha. Don't buy even if builder is offering for free.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RealAcres,

You are doing an amazing job by helping so many people with you sound knowledge on Vastu Shastra.

It would be really appreciable if you could provide basic checkpoints that a novice like me can use to check if my apartment is suitable or now. I understand that vastu is a deep topic but still if you can provide some basic parameters which are utmost importance then that would be great.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Here is the reading for your flat 403 :-

Good :-

> Entrance is east facing, in NE;
    > Both the bedroom locations is v.good,
    > Living room location is very good.

Bad :-

> Big cut in NE part;
    > Bad locations for toi/bath, one in SE (agni) & other in east. All this will lead to poor harmony & health probs,
    > Significant part of kitchen goes in Brahmasthan, which is very bad. Also the kitchen platform is such that you cook facing either North or South, both bad for cooking. Though platform facing issue can be altered with some mods, location of kitchen isn't. Add to it that remaining part out of Brahmasthan falls in west, which again isn't good,
    > Cut in NW but can be managed.

Overall, though there are pros for the flat, the cons outweigh the pros, hence better to look elsewhere. And this kitchen stuff is common to all the flats, from X01-X04 as the centre/brahmsthan remains the same. The toi/bath & kitchen have played spoilsport in your case. One toi/bath could have been adjusted but both being in wrong directions isn't good.

I also suggest you to buy a good quality compass & check the directions on-site yourself. Many times, builders just mention east-west-north-south even if they are in sub-direction.

Keep scouting ILP. I know it is hard but its worth the wait than to buy & repent later for life. Hope you agree.

And my humble request to all :-

Please don't rely on builders' floor plan. Make a site visit yourself & verify whether the directions are as per builder's floor plan or not & then upload the plans. Seen several cases where on-site, the project is in sub-direction, while the website/brochure shows proper main directions.

Though it may sound funny but I always keep compass in my office bag. And I do not trust what builders say. What ever basic knowledge I have in Vastu, I apply first verify it then go to site. Get all the details. Once I am satisfied then only I am considering it for further review.

Their are fine points which only expert like you in this area can comment. So I rely on you there. Thanks for your analysis. As you rightly pointed out all the cons, hunt is still on.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, the link is not working. Can you please upload the floor plan here using "Manage Attachments" options ? This will be of good help.

I've attached the floor plan
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote