Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rafuchakkar
    Hi Real , in the above posted floor plan

entrance door is coming in north east area and master bed room towards sw area, please comment on the vastu of this flat.

I am planning to convert the bathroom with study room( along with entrance) in to store room and half of the study room I will divide with wall to convert to pooja room of size about 4*3
    Just one concern the bathroom area with study room if converted to store room will have any impact as the above floor flat will be having bathroom in that area though.

kndly let me know how much vastu complaint this flat is..and what all remedies can be done to remove vastu dosa if there is any

kindly reply to all my queries

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the delayed response man. I have drawn the floor plan attached by you & here are the readings :-

> Making the study room is good. No issues at all. Though ideal is NE corner, but this is also very good option. Ensure that pooja room doesn't share common wall with bathroom. When done, proceed.

> Making this store room is not advisable. First, putting load in East is not good, ideal space for store-room is south. And second is there will be bathroom above, below or at both places as the people above/below you may continue to use bathroom as bathroom itself. The negative energy flow from above & below bath/toi is not good, hence best to not make any store room over here. If you are planning to store items related to food &/or kitchen then that's even more worse. Best option is remove the toilet & use this purely for bathing purpose. No probs with that. Make it common bathroom. Will let you why below.

> There is bath/toi in SE corner itself which is bad. Make the common bath/toi near dining as attached bath/toi for the bedroom. Easy if you simply shift the door of bath/toi. For washing hands, feet; you already have common bathroom as mentioned above for guests.

> Remove the entire bathroom in SE. Use this area as extended walk-in closet. You can now have existing dress area completely for wardrobes, & you can change the clothes where there is bath as of now. You can even keep your not much used clothes here. But ensure not to keep good & daily use clothes as there shall remain bath/toi above/below you.

> Part of kitchen falls in Brahmasthan. Keep the area in kitchen towards dining side as light as possible. Also, the kitchen platforms are incorrect. Make the platform L shape so that one can cook facing East. Cooking facing North leads to unnecessary expenditure, while South facing makes food 'Tamsik' (don't know Eng word for Tamsik).

> The use of toilet of bedroom in NE part near the entrance should be as less as possible.

> Ensure the position of beds are as it is shown in the floor plan by default. However, it is best not to use NE bedroom as bedroom. Best would be to use it for study.

> Make the M.bed & the other one in west-SW as heavy as possible. The color combination should be as much brown as possible.

> There is a cut in SW which is not good. Keep palm trees & heavy pots in both the balconies of both the bedrooms of above point. Brown has to be the color here.

> In your M.bed, significant part falls in SE, which is not good. Hence, keep 'Rose Crystal Quartz balls' in the bedroom. Will help in reducing the impact of SE.

> Cut in NW is also seen. Paint the living room, NE bedroom in pure white color. Also keep sea salt in all the bath/toi & change it after every 15 days.

> In the balcony attached to the NE bedroom, ensure you plant a tulsi plant & lit agarbatti/incense stick daily in front of it. It will help in reducing lot of Vastu-doshas significantly.

> Close the access to study room from outside. Keep it from inside as it will be used as pooja room.

Hope this helps.

And my regrets to all of you here for not replying to you in time.

God Bless. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sidhuRE
    Hi RealAcres,

You are doing an amazing job by helping so many people with you sound knowledge on Vastu Shastra.

It would be really appreciable if you could provide basic checkpoints that a novice like me can use to check if my apartment is suitable or now. I understand that vastu is a deep topic but still if you can provide some basic parameters which are utmost importance then that would be great.

Thanks.

Sure. I have already posted it somewhere on this thread, but will make a separate thread for it. It will be done. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Sorry for the delayed response man. I have drawn the floor plan attached by you & here are the readings :-

First of all I would Like to say Many many thanks to you for replying to this query:)

> Making the study room is good. No issues at all. Though ideal is NE corner, but this is also very good option. Ensure that pooja room doesn't share common wall with bathroom. When done, proceed.

"RA I went to the site last week, there is change in the location of the bathroom
    " the bath room is currently not located where it is shown, it is
    towards east, and then the study room, of 8*6 is there after the bathroom towards west, and the portion of the bathroom is coming in the area of flat opposite to my flat. along with the entrance door of the other flat", please let know if any impact of the same."

> Making this store room is not advisable. First, putting load in East is not good, ideal space for store-room is south. And second is there will be bathroom above, below or at both places as the people above/below you may continue to use bathroom as bathroom itself. The negative energy flow from above & below bath/toi is not good, hence best to not make any store room over here. If you are planning to store items related to food &/or kitchen then that's even more worse. Best option is remove the toilet & use this purely for bathing purpose. No probs with that. Make it common bathroom. Will let you why below.

based on the suggestion given by you I will be using the washroom for bathing only and will remove the toilet seat from there,

1) I am planning to divide the study room of 6*8 in to 2 equal parts of 3*4 for pooja towrds my flat and other 3*4 to store room for keeping iron tabel(press tabel) for pressing cloths,(which is light in weight) along with cycle of my kid his toys ,his already used toys, and an iron almira for my party cloths/bead sheets and few tit bits, the door for this store room I am planning form the pooja room

"first pooja room will come then store room and after that bathroom(this bathroom is along with the entrance of other flat).

I can also remove the bathroom and can make the store room bigger one as well, or can use the bath room for bathing only please suggest.

to over come this I will make the south protion as suggested by you more heavy than the iron almira which Iam planning to keep in NE store room, by keeping trunks in the wardrobe of the dress area attached with master bed room , heavy bed in the Master beadroom and heavy pots in the balcony as suggested by you and many more things, please suggest on this.

> There is bath/toi in SE corner itself which is bad. Make the common bath/toi near dining as attached bath/toi for the bedroom. Easy if you simply shift the door of bath/toi. For washing hands, feet; you already have common bathroom as mentioned above for guests.

I want to keep the SE bathroom attached with master beadroom, + I can not even have time to change the sea salt after 15 day , there is probability that I may skip this, Please suggest some thing else
    or how the bathroom facilites or bathing area and toilet seat should be arranged in this, also the east wall of this bathroom is common with the bathroom of the other flat.

> Remove the entire bathroom in SE. Use this area as extended walk-in closet. You can now have existing dress area completely for wardrobes, & you can change the clothes where there is bath as of now. You can even keep your not much used clothes here. But ensure not to keep good & daily use clothes as there shall remain bath/toi above/below you.

> Part of kitchen falls in Brahmasthan. Keep the area in kitchen towards dining side as light as possible. Also, the kitchen platforms are incorrect. Make the platform L shape so that one can cook facing East. Cooking facing North leads to unnecessary expenditure, while South facing makes food 'Tamsik' (don't know Eng word for Tamsik).

RA can you please explain as what you mean by" Keep the area in kitchen towards dining side as light as possible."

Please suggest Can I cook facing west if possible any remedies or so if can be done. though I will try to make the platform L shape if you dont recommend the facing west while cooking but that will be easy for me.

> The use of toilet of bedroom in NE part near the entrance should be as less as possible.

This I will remember as susggested by you, since this will be guest room so toilet may be used sometimes for 2 months or so in an year, and for rest of the year we will be using the room as study room

> Ensure the position of beds are as it is shown in the floor plan by default. However, it is best not to use NE bedroom as bedroom. Best would be to use it for study.

will agree to this as well

> Make the M.bed & the other one in west-SW as heavy as possible. The color combination should be as much brown as possible.

will consider this while selecting paint of the rooms

> There is a cut in SW which is not good. Keep palm trees & heavy pots in both the balconies of both the bedrooms of above point. Brown has to be the color here.

will do so, RA can you please tell me what you mean by above point, the cut hear you mean the windows of the room right.

> In your M.bed, significant part falls in SE, which is not good. Hence, keep 'Rose Crystal Quartz balls' in the bedroom. Will help in reducing the impact of
    SE.

will buy the crystal as suggested by you for the room.

> Cut in NW is also seen. Paint the living room, NE bedroom in pure white color. Also keep sea salt in all the bath/toi & change it after every 15 days.

keeping sea salt will be tough task for me and changeing the same after 15 days will be more tougher, please suggest some easy remedy, I am planning pale yellow for living area is this fine.

> In the balcony attached to the NE bedroom, ensure you plant a tulsi plant & lit agarbatti/incense stick daily in front of it. It will help in reducing lot of Vastu-doshas significantly.

will place tulsi there:)

> Close the access to study room from outside. Keep it from inside as it will be used as pooja room.

This I have already made, the builder to do so.

Hope this helps.

And my regrets to all of you here for not replying to you in time.

God Bless. :)

Thanks a ton RA, one more query, I have heard that NW, W facing flat as in case of mine, leads to more opportunites , will this flat be lucky for me and my Family.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Real Acres,

I am attaching the floor plan of recently purchased flat in Noida .. Request you to help please .. Let me know if any further information required ..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Real Acre, please help , I am waiting for your inputs .

TIA
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA , kindly help with above mentioned plan , your feedback will be valuable for me & I sincerely appreciate your good efforts to enlighten all members of forum !!

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by supercool
    Dear RA , kindly help with above mentioned plan , your feedback will be valuable for me & I sincerely appreciate your good efforts to enlighten all members of forum !!

Thanks

Will reply to you as well as Rafoo soon. Members queries shall never go unanswered. :)
    CommentQuote
  • dear RA
    I have read your detailed suggestions and advice for maintaing vastu in house .i have planed to build a house,i have included 2 designs.please check and give your valuable suggestions.

with regards
    Srinivasan.S

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Many Thanks for this wonderful effort

Hey RA,

This thread has been really helpful and i myself have learnt a lot from the information mentioned here. Thanks a lot for your endeavour and helpful readings.:)

Can you please provide me a reading of the floor plan mentioned below. And what further improvements can be done to make it further accomplice to vastu. Also, I wanted to know which side the gas stove be placed in kitchen and what should be the location of the temple in the house?

It would be really helpful for me in case you review the floor plan attached below . Thanks in advance
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Just to add a little bit more information to it my kua number is 8 and flat no. is 1104
    CommentQuote
  • rafuchakkar,

Please upload the latest plan with change in bath/study directions as I don't want to take any chances. You can otherwise edit existing one & upload the same.

Other queries are answered below :-

> If you want to keep cupboard in NE, keep it of wood & not iron & stuff inside should be light & don't use to keep junk/unused material here.

> If you want to keep SE bathroom (which is not recommended though), keep 9 Carnelian stones outside the bathroom wall. And for salt, don't be lazy man, you just need to change the salt in small bowl after 15 days. Don't tell me you don't have time for this.

> " Keep the area towards dining side " means the part of kitchen falls in brahmsthan which is towards dining side. So area towards balcony of kitchen i.e. West should be heavy while that on other side should be as light as possible.

> Facing east is best but facing west is also OK, and much better than facing North or South.

> Man, don't pain M.bed in brown. You just have brown colored furniture & curtains in bedroom, thats all. And please remember, no blue, black & red color in bedroom....any bedroom.

> Cut means area is cut when all the walls are extended & joined with imaginary axis. Please see SW part of your flat, it is less than SE part.

> Pale yellow is OK, no probs but it should give feeling of freshness & not make you feel dull.

> Your flat is not NW, West but NE with East facing & this entrance is really good.
    CommentQuote
  • Supercool,

Please do the following :-

> Put 4x4 inch silver swastika on teakwood above the main entrance door.

> Have the entrance door in white, cream color. Atleast ensure it is not dark in color.

> Kitchen in NW is not good. Use white color paint here & place citrine rock here which will reduce NW probs.

> Cook facing east in kitchen.

> Plant tulsi plant in NE balcony attached to living.

> Use sea salt in both bath/toi & change it after 15 days. Also use exhaust fans & keep it clean.

> In m.bed balcony plant red color roses.

> Since there is cut in SW corner, make sure that the area of m.bed in SW part is as heavy as possible.

> In NE part i.e. living, keep the NE corner as light as possible i.e. don't put heavy furniture there.

> Keep the beds just as shown on floor plan. Perfect position.

Rest is fine.
    God bless. :)

Rest of the things are fine.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srinishare
    dear RA
    I have read your detailed suggestions and advice for maintaing vastu in house .i have planed to build a house,i have included 2 designs.please check and give your valuable suggestions.

with regards
    Srinivasan.S

Good to see people incorporating Vaastu at planning stage itself. I am happy about that. :)

Amongst the 2 design, opt for design 2 which has stairs in South-SW & toilets in NW-West.

If possible, make zero cut in NE corner i.e. don't let car park intrude inside & keep the wall in single line i.e. NE-NW point in straight line. Rest of the things are fantastic.

* PS:- You have not given 1st floor plan. Anyways, just ensure that there is no bedroom at all above kitchen. You can have some family room with fire-place or theatre etc. over there.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

God bless.:)

Terrificism,

Will reply to your query in a day. Please bear with me.
    And kua no. is not considered in Vaastu Shastra. It is in Feng-Shui in which I don't have any trust.
    Good to see people incorporating Vaastu at planning stage itself. I am happy about that. :)

Amongst the 2 design, opt for design 2 which has stairs in South-SW & toilets in NW-West.

If possible, make zero cut in NE corner i.e. don't let car park intrude inside & keep the wall in single line i.e. NE-NW point in straight line. Rest of the things are fantastic.

* PS:- You have not given 1st floor plan. Anyways, just ensure that there is no bedroom at all above kitchen. You can have some family room with fire-place or theatre etc. over there.

Terrificism,

And kua no. is not considered in Vaastu Shastra. It is in Feng-Shui in which I don't have any trust.

Terrificism,

Terrificism,

CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

kndly let me know how much vastu complaint these flats(3 flats) and what all remedies can be done to remove vastu dosa if there is any?

kindly reply to all flats.

Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA, attaching other two flats details.

Please give our feed back for this falts
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote