Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks a tonn Dear RA !!
    CommentQuote
  • Hey RA,

I have one more query, is vastu person specific or this science works on general guidelines to build home. If it is specific to person then how this science is related to a person i.e. by DOB?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    rafuchakkar,

Please upload the latest plan with change in bath/study directions as I don't want to take any chances. You can otherwise edit existing one & upload the same.

Thanks RA once again for your time , I have updated the floor plan, of study room and bathroom, please suggest, will divide the study room in 2 parts pooja and store as explained before the batheroom is now in different location, can convert the bathroom in to store room or should keep it for bathing purpose, once I will divide the study room in to pooja/store room , will have door to store room from pooja room no other option left(is this fine) please note that the bathroom portion is comming along the entrance of other flat.

Other queries are answered below :-

> If you want to keep cupboard in NE, keep it of wood & not iron & stuff inside should be light & don't use to keep junk/unused material here.

> If you want to keep SE bathroom (which is not recommended though), keep 9 Carnelian stones outside the bathroom wall. And for salt, don't be lazy man, you just need to change the salt in small bowl after 15 days. Don't tell me you don't have time for this.

out side bathroom wall means that in some bowl or should embed in the outer wall of the bathroom common with dress area.

> " Keep the area towards dining side " means the part of kitchen falls in brahmsthan which is towards dining side. So area towards balcony of kitchen i.e. West should be heavy while that on other side should be as light as possible.

> Facing east is best but facing west is also OK, and much better than facing North or South.

> Man, don't pain M.bed in brown. You just have brown colored furniture & curtains in bedroom, thats all. And please remember, no blue, black & red color in bedroom....any bedroom.

> Cut means area is cut when all the walls are extended & joined with imaginary axis. Please see SW part of your flat, it is less than SE part.

> Pale yellow is OK, no probs but it should give feeling of freshness & not make you feel dull.

> Your flat is not NW, West but NE with East facing & this entrance is really good.

"I mean to say that all balconies are towards west, NW,SW though entrance of flat is towards NE which is really good as suggested by you, please let me know is this flat more than 70% vastu complaint as it is very difficult to find 100% vastu complaint flat, one or the other problem is always there
    overall what you suggest for this floor plan , if all the remedies suggested by you and few modifications which I will do, will make this flat good to live or not
    will this provide us with more opportunites and growth and deweling of kids"

Thanks for all your time and suggestions
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

Please reply with your suggestion, I have been waiting.

I have uploaded new floor plan(please refer above plan) with change in bathroom location of study room, bathroom is comming along the entrance of "other flat" now, I have planed to not have toilet seat in this bathroom, this has been suggested by you aswell ,
    please note that "M.bed bathroom and dress area have common wall with other flat, M.Bed Bathroom and dress area."

I can convert whole bathroom along study room to store room as well , with one or 2 connection points of water to have washbaisen , please suggest with your readings as what is correct and what is not, also door to store room will be from the pooja room, is this fine, please confirm,
    or only option left is to have door to store room from out side the flat, as given by the builder initially, and no opening from inside.

Kindly suggest , as you know already That I have planned to divide the study room in to Pooja room first, of 4*3 and then store room of 4*3 and then there is bathroom witout toilet seat.

please suggest what should be the color of the entrance gate, and should I put swastik or something which can create positive vibes on entrance gate.

I think, that since main entrance is in NE which is really good and I have seen many flats which dont have such dream entrance gate especially in flats,
    so I got stuck with this flat,

one more query, all balconies are either west facing, south west and north west facing what is good and bad about this and how the bad can be rectified.
    one suggestion already given by you to keep heavy pots in SW balconies with 2 rooms in SW, and plant Palm trees there
    and tulsi in NW balcony, I have also planed to cover the balconies with iron rods, as there are small kids in the family, if not fully but half . Please suggest on this as well, please suggest what else can be planted in balconies , and in which balcony

I think the bad part now left is SE attached bathroom with M.bed for which you have given remedy of keeping 9 carnelian stone outside the bathroom door, is this correct please confirm
    also rose crystal in SE corner of M.bed, please confirm on this as well

please let me know as how do you rate this flat as per vastu,
    Thanks for all your help and valuable suggestions and time
    really appreciate :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Terrifficm,

Have you booked this flat or already staying here. If only booked, it would be better to look at adjoining flat of this. Also let me know the angle of deviation as the directions are not exactly in main direction as seen on floor plan.
    Will proceed further after I get the replies for this.

Originally Posted by Terrifficm
    Hey RA,

I have one more query, is vastu person specific or this science works on general guidelines to build home. If it is specific to person then how this science is related to a person i.e. by DOB?

This science works for all, irrespective of caste, DoB, gender etc. Man, it is science & science is universally applicable for all.

Now, what only jyotish people look at is the 'Chaturtha Sthan' or the 'Forth House' . This house in kundali shows everything about property in your fate. It helps in finding when should one buy a house, on whose name etc.

If you follow Vastushastra guidelines, it will benefit all. Looking at good 'Mahurat' based on kundali is like Sone Pe Suhaga.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

please reply to my above queries as well.........please

Thanks in Advance
    CommentQuote
  • Here it is

Originally Posted by realacres

Have you booked this flat or already staying here. If only booked, it would be better to look at adjoining flat of this. Also let me know the angle of deviation as the directions are not exactly in main direction as seen on floor plan.
    Will proceed further after I get the replies for this.

Thanks for reply, we will moving in to it in next couple of weeks, i have got this flat after 1 year of my search, 28 years of wait and a lot of other efforts, and it just happened that once we zeroed in on this flat everything fell into its place like pieces of puzzle, so probably have to adjust to watever god has offered me :).

Flat next to it is already occupied infact whole of this tower has been occupied with just few units left.

the angle of deviation is 15 degrees, when i hold the compass from inside the main entrance, it shows 59-60 degrees NE.

Initially when i saw the flat, i just took the reading of the main entrance which i think is good.

Rest after a i looked at the floor plan, i have analysed that there is cut in NE as well as SW, whereas the brahmsthan of the flat is quite good.

{Question}: Can we put a plastic sheet in front of the balcony in NE to cover up the cut portion?

Also there is a bath with toilet in SW(i dnt know wether it is good or bad, probably bad but i think we can use it as bathroom and then use the other bathroom in northwest for toilet), with an ample space in bedroom to put the bed so that the bed occupies most part in south west and rest in west.

{Question}: Am i correct on the above?

The north bedroom will be used by my mother and father, so would it be OK for them?

{Question}: Where should be the cloth drying area in the flat?

Thanks
    Terrificm
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rafuchakkar
    Dear RA

please reply to my above queries as well.........please

Thanks in Advance

For the study, pooja & bath rooms :-

Having bathroom adjoining to pooja room is not good. It is best if you demolish this bathroom completely. You can use this space then to keep stuff like your kids bat, ball etc.

Pooja room alongwith store is also not good. You can't keep god with goods. It is OK if it purely study room with study table/comp etc. & pooja room in one. The best place for pooja room is the NE part of your entire house which is the bedroom near entrance. You can have pooja room here & use wooden partition to separate it from the bedroom or study as you intend to do.

For SE bathroom :-

The 9 carnelian stones are to be kept in bowl outside the bathroom in SE corner.

Balconies :-

They are best in NE, North & East. But in case of flats, having east/north facing flats & balconies on east/north is generally not seen. So, focus on entrance more than balconies.

Having common wall with m.bath & dress should not worry you. Making the entire master bathroom as store is anytime better than bathroom as water & fire don't go together. No basin in SE either to get best results. And even if you do store room here, don't keep valuables here & keep food like grains, sugar etc. which people stock out from the bathroom area as there will be bath above & below you. Do the remedies above, it will help.

The entrance itself is very good as you said, so nothing needs to be done here. However, using kumkum, make auspicious symbols of swastika on the door itself. Better if it is done by a lady of the house. To gain more, put 'Toran' on the door & place 7 mukhi rudraksha above door frame to protect from evil energies. Use of white, cream, light yellow colors for door is recommended. If possible have 2 door shutter, if not ensure it opens towards left from inside i.e. clockwise direction. I will start a thread mentioning universal vaastu tips to create good vibes. Please check that later.

And as far as terrace/balconies are concerned, you are right to whatever I have mentioned. Just note that there should be no creepers, no cactus or thorny plants (rose is exception) & no milk producing plants as they are bad. Have flowers, tulsi, palm, hibiscus, prajakta etc.

Do all these things + the tips which I will mention in new thread, this will help in creating better vibes leading to peaceful life. Also important is the furniture layout, which can help in making Vastu even more friendly.

If you have further queries, please revert. I will surely reply.

God bless. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Terrifficm
    Thanks for reply, we will moving in to it in next couple of weeks, i have got this flat after 1 year of my search, 28 years of wait and a lot of other efforts, and it just happened that once we zeroed in on this flat everything fell into its place like pieces of puzzle, so probably have to adjust to watever god has offered me :).

Liked this attitude.

Flat next to it is already occupied infact whole of this tower has been occupied with just few units left.

OK.

the angle of deviation is 15 degrees, when i hold the compass from inside the main entrance, it shows 59-60 degrees NE.

Deviation more than 10 deg is not great but 15 deg, can be worked out something now as you have already bought.

Initially when i saw the flat, i just took the reading of the main entrance which i think is good.

Though it is east facing, it is in SE part of house. Hence, as said before, put silver swastika above the door frame on teakwood frame of size 4x4 inches.
    The color of the door should be maroon or dark red. If not, atleast put red color 'Toran' above the door.

Rest after a i looked at the floor plan, i have analysed that there is cut in NE as well as SW, whereas the brahmsthan of the flat is quite good.

Yes, but actually there is a balcony in NE, which is good (keep tulsi plant here & lit incense stick in front of it daily) & another one in SW, which should be made heavy by putting plants, especially palms.

{Question}: Can we put a plastic sheet in front of the balcony in NE to cover up the cut portion?

No need, though nice idea !! ;) Keeping tusli plant is sufficient.

Also there is a bath with toilet in SW(i dnt know wether it is good or bad, probably bad but i think we can use it as bathroom and then use the other bathroom in northwest for toilet), with an ample space in bedroom to put the bed so that the bed occupies most part in south west and rest in west.

Man, there is no bath in SW. In SW, there is living room. The attached bath/toi falls in west of flat, though it falls in SW of the bedroom. So, no need to do anything. Use it as toi/bath, no probs at all.
    Ideally one should sleep with head at south. As there is bathroom in south of bedroom, it is better if you can keep the bed 4 inches away from the wall.

{Question}: Am i correct on the above?

Yes, but seems you are bit confused about the directions like bath/toi in SW.
    Location is from entire flats perspective & not room's. :)

The north bedroom will be used by my mother and father, so would it be OK for them?

It is not North but NE & this should ideally not be used.

{Question}: Where should be the cloth drying area in the flat?

Ideally NW. But you can have it anywhere in west, SW. Second option is South. Reason is due to UV rays of sun, they kill bacteria, germs etc. from clothes making them more hygienic.

Thanks
    Terrificm

You're welcome.

And now ensure that the living room is the heaviest as it falls in SW of the flat. Also put your happy family pic there. Reason being the owner of the house should have presence in SW.

The best part in your flat is kitchen, SE & East facing platform while cooking. This is very good. :)

God Bless. :)
    CommentQuote
  • More confused

Hey RA,

After reading the analysis i think i dnt even know the correct directions of the house yet,

just wanted a clarification, when i say that it shows 59 degree NE, from 67 degree E direction starts on the compass then how do we calculate deviation, and if we calculate in terms of degrees then i think the deviation is just 8-9 degree.

Also can you please divide my house in to squares and mark the directions, since now i am really confused which is which direction. . I tried it myself but i think, i have done it incorrectly.

Also i wanted to know which side the safe should be placed in the house?

Well thanks quick reply, It was really helpful of you.

Regards
    Terrifficm
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

kndly let me know how much vastu complaint these flats 1 and flat 4 and what all remedies can be done to remove vastu dosa if there is any?

Flat 1 having two balconies , is it correct?

Flat 4 having one blocony at south west side? is it correct? Or any changes required?

kindly reply to all flats.

Thanks in advance

CommentQuote
  • Isnt it like this ?

Hi RA,

This is how i thought it will be divided, since i'm novice, i dnt know the exact way,
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Terrifficm
    Hey RA,

After reading the analysis i think i dnt even know the correct directions of the house yet,

just wanted a clarification, when i say that it shows 59 degree NE, from 67 degree E direction starts on the compass then how do we calculate deviation, and if we calculate in terms of degrees then i think the deviation is just 8-9 degree.

Also can you please divide my house in to squares and mark the directions, since now i am really confused which is which direction. . I tried it myself but i think, i have done it incorrectly.

Also i wanted to know which side the safe should be placed in the house?

Well thanks quick reply, It was really helpful of you.

Regards
    Terrifficm

Man,

You have divided the flat correctly, no probs. I gave my readings based on the fact that you said deviation is not more than 15 deg, but now it seems it is atleast 40-45 degs !!

What I suggest is take a compass & see its North pointer. From there, see how many degrees it is from its base point. This will give you exact angle of deviation. Please confirm this first, else all readings will be wasted.

And the best place to keep safe (tijoori) is SW.
    For your daily use i.e. petty cash drawer can be in North.
    The door should open towards North.

See this link :-

http://www.science27.com/images/Compass.jpg

It can be seen that deviation is of about 20 deg.
    CommentQuote
  • kshankark,

Where is the floor plan man ?
    Please use manage attachment options to upload the floor plan. Best if it is in jpeg format.
    CommentQuote
  • Request some suggestion to overcome defects

Originally Posted by realacres
    Correction -

Your entrance door is South facing but is not in SE. The SE is occupied by a toi/bath, which is bad.

>>>> Ok. Door is south facing. Anything can done regarding the toi/bath in SE vasthu defect?

Here are the readings :-

> Toi/bath in SE & North. This leads to health probs & financial probs respectively. Both are strictly no-no.

>>>>any alternate options?

> The entrance door should be such that entire house should be behind it.
    In your case, SE toi/bath, m.bed & part of dining fall in front of entrance door, which is not good. Entrance door is the face of the house, hence, these things are not good.

Note that the wall on which the entrance door is located should be the first wall of the house & no other wall/rooms should be in front of entrance door.

> The location of staircase too isn't good.

The only good thing which I found was the M.bed in SW & guest/girls bed in NW.

>>>> The mentioned bedroom in NE shall be used as pooja/child study room.

Conclusion :-

The wrong position of toi/bath, entrance door & stairs is very bad & all these 3 are major setbacks. Rectifications won't be useful as probs are multiple and of serious nature. Hence, it is best not to buy this property at all.

>>>>> This has been one of the few properties that fits my budget and nearby my kids school. kindly suggest if any alternate options or if something cna be done to overcome this defects?

>>>> The mentioned bedroom in NE shall be used as pooja/child study room.
    CommentQuote