Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Need view on floor Plan

Hello Realacres,

I had booked a flat and attached is the floor plan of it.

Please check the floor plan and please let me know your view about this floor plan and also let me know if any changes are required in this as per the Vaastu Shastra Compliance.

Thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Will reply to all your queries soon. Please bear with me till then.

Sure, take your own time sir. But please reply as these vaasthu concepts seems to be having lots of ambiguity.

Originally Posted by mpethakar
    Hello Realacres,

I had booked a flat and attached is the floor plan of it.

Please check the floor plan and please let me know your view about this floor plan and also let me know if any changes are required in this as per the Vaastu Shastra Compliance.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Mpethakar though i am no expert in vaasthu i have below queries about your flat. Please get this clarified.

1) Kitchen supposed to be in agneya.
    2) Brahmasthanam(Centr of flat) should be empty. I could see a toilet which should be wrong ideally. However i am not sure whether the way i am calculating brahmasthanam is right or wrong.
    3) Master Bedroom should be in southwest.

Please get the flat verified if you strongly believe in vaasthu. Also have a look at the link i posted previously. That will give you some faint idea whether the flat is vaasthu compliant or not.

PS: I started reading about vaasthu from last days. So don't judge the flat based on my opinion alone.
    CommentQuote
  • gsaini,

Please refer to exchange of our pms in this regard. You can even go with A1-303,503,703 etc. Best to avoid first & top floor. Odd floor (not even as NW is cut).
    I did not see E wing in the picture.

I request you to to upload proper/complete floor plan of A1, A2 & E wing here alongwith respective directions.

Regards,

RA

mpethakar,

Will let you know detailed analysis of floor plan when I reach home. Btw, any chance of you having option to swap the flat with some other in case issue is serious ?? If agreement is not executed, I don't think change of flat should be an issue.

rafuchakkar,

Were you carrying cell fone or was there anything of iron near entrance or inside the flat close to compass ? Such big variation in angle shouldn't take place in normal case.
    Best you take readings again by keeping compass on floor, at entrance, at centre & at direction diagonally opposite to entrance corner. Let me know once done.

mithun,

What you said is right, on ground analysis is important, but just ensure that vastu consultant is not out there just to make money. It is always better to seek advice from those vastu guys who don't charge anything for their service (rarity) as they won't give wrong advice just to sell some of their junk remedial stuff.
    CommentQuote
  • Please advise if this is Vaastu Compliant?

Hi All I'm in serious doubt in terms of Vaastu compliance of this flat which I'm about to finalize. Please advise:-
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    Nice one. Recently I read one article on Vastu Shastra tips for your main entrance door and its quite nice article. After reading this article I thought I need to share this link so that people should know about it: I am sharing this link, visit: Vastu Shastra tips for your main entrance door

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Punnyabrata
    Hi All I'm in serious doubt in terms of Vaastu compliance of this flat which I'm about to finalize. Please advise:-

You should not buy this flat because of 3 main reasons :-

1.) Toilet in NE,
    2.) Kitchen in SW,
    3.) Entrance in SW.

Btw, avoid triangle shaped &/or L shaped properties too.

Avoid buying this flat even if it is given free of cost.
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres - Sir,Would like your comments on my current house please as i have concerns about its vaastu compliance

1) The House is West facing(Gate) corner plot with a road on its south side.The gate is in the NW section.The main door is facing north though and its located in the NW part though not in the corner.

2)The main entrance faces the side of my neighbor with the compound wall inbetween.

3)Is there any logic to the height of the compound walls with regard to the direction/vaastu?

Thanking you in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu help in this home

Realacres Sir i would like to know yr expert's comments regarding this current home I am about to movie in. The North East side is cut and has cupboard section too, along with bedroom. Does Paint according to direction help? If yes please let me know.
    Thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Please advise on remedies, if any, for the layout of the flat i am currently staying in (on rent).
    This is ground floor flat.

Thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Real Acres

Would request you to kindly comment on the attached layout with respect to Vaastu.. Would be greatful to you
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • hi experts.
    This is the plot of land where multi-storey apptts is coming in. Would need your advise on:
    1. is the shape of plot ok?
    2. will it have impact on the flats in the building? or is a multi-storey building independent of the shape of plot?
    3. If the plot is not ok, any remedy?
    thanks.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sam.k
    1) The House is West facing(Gate) corner plot with a road on its south side.The gate is in the NW section.The main door is facing north though and its located in the NW part though not in the corner.

I am confused about this -

House is west facing...OK, no issues,
    Road on South, then also no issues.
    But then how can it be in NW ??

Or is it that compound gate is in SW & house gate is NW ??

I would not like to give any wrong advice as I am myself confused about the location. Hence, it will be best if you can upload the layout of the property alongwith directions which will help me in giving precise readings.

2)The main entrance faces the side of my neighbor with the compound wall inbetween.

Require picture/layout. Its OK even if you make a sketch.

3)Is there any logic to the height of the compound walls with regard to the direction/vaastu?

Yes. It is this way :-

South-West > South-East > North-West > North-East.

^^ This means the thickness should be highest in SW & lowest in NE;
    And there should be height difference of about 1.5 ft between the directions as mentioned above.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Richa_Shri
    Realacres Sir i would like to know yr expert's comments regarding this current home I am about to movie in. The North East side is cut and has cupboard section too, along with bedroom. Does Paint according to direction help? If yes please let me know.
    Thanks

Lets start with entrance :-

> Entrance is at SE, direction of fire. Hence, it is best if you install a silver swastika of 4x4" (inches) on teak wood base. Can have this made even of thin silver plate/foil to save cost, no issues, just ensure it has to be in one piece;

> Have red color 'Toran' on the door;

> Draw swasitka, mangal kalash by red kum-kum on your entrance door;

> The balcony which falls in SW needs to kept heavy. Put some pots with plants here, palm plants are recommended. Use brown colored earthen pots for the same;

> The curtains for balcony door needs to be dark in color, brown shades best;

> As South will be in living, put max furniture in South & SW. Also put a picture of mountain on South wall but ensure that there is no water/waterfall shown in the picture;

> There is bath in east, which is OK, no issues with that but toilet is not preferred. Hence, keep raw sea salt (samudri namak) in glass/plastic bowl & keep it in bath & toi. Change it after every 15 days. Ensure that bath/toi are kept clean. Use exhaust fan in it to purify air;

> NE is cut, but not very huge way. Have a mirror in place where slot is made for cupboard & place in such a way that it faces west. This will give an illusion of increase in NE area. But ensure that it is hidden with some cloth at night as while sleeping, your reflection should not be seen in the mirror;

> You can have a dressing area in NE, so that not only you utilise the mirror but the space too isn't wasted plus the dresser too comes in correct area;

> Place the bedroom such that your head faces South while sleeping & bed should be in SW part of the room;

> Cupboard/wardrobe should be anywhere in South, SW or West directions; this also means the doors open towards North or East;

> Have pure white color in bedroom which falls in NW.

Hope this helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rakesh_sahu
    Hi RA,

Please advise on remedies, if any, for the layout of the flat i am currently staying in (on rent).
    This is ground floor flat.

Thanks

If possible, let go this flat as there are major flaws which can't be rectified. They are :-

> Cut in NE or rather no NE at all. This means a headless body, which is worst thing;

> The entire house is in sub-direction, which means 'Vidisha' & this is also very bad.

Apart from this, kitchen in North is also not good.

Seeing the first 2 points mentioned above, best if you can shift elsewhere.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krishna99
    Hi Real Acres

Would request you to kindly comment on the attached layout with respect to Vaastu.. Would be greatful to you

Here are readings for your house :-

> As mentioned in previous post, doing lot of copy-paste here as some issues of yours are same as that for Richa_Shri. The entrance is at SE, direction of fire. Hence, it is best if you install a silver swastika of 4x4" (inches) on teak wood base. Can have this made even of thin silver plate/foil to save cost, no issues, just ensure it has to be in one piece;

> Have red color 'Toran' on the door;

> Draw swasitka, mangal kalash by red kum-kum on your entrance door;

> The balcony which falls in SW needs to kept heavy. Put some pots with plants here, palm plants are recommended. Use brown colored earthen pots for the same;

> The curtains for balcony door needs to be dark in color, brown shades best;

> As South will be in living, put max furniture in South & SW. Also put a picture of mountain on South wall but ensure that there is no water/waterfall shown in the picture;

> Use the bedroom adjoining the living room as M.bedroom;

> Servant Quarters in SE is good, no issues but ensure that you keep "9 Carnelian Stones" in SE corner of servants room to reduce impact of bath/toi in SE. It will be even better if that bath/toi is not used at all, if possible;

> Make 'L' Shape platform in kitchen so that one faces East while cooking;

> Give the NW bedroom to your children, daughters are best here;

> This can also be used as guest bedroom;

> The toilets are OK, no issues with that except the one which is attached with NE bedroom which falls in North. Here, use it purely for bathing & not as toi. If possible, have only shower area here. And as said before, keep raw sea salt (samudri namak) in glass/plastic bowl & keep it in bath & toi. Change it after every 15 days. Ensure that bath/toi are kept clean. Use exhaust fan in it to purify air;

> Keep 'Tulsi' plant in NE balcony which is attached to bedroom of NE. This helps in reducing Vastu-doshas to large extent. Lit a oil lamp here every evening & chandan/sandalwood incense stick (agarbatti);

> As there is cut in NE, place a full size mirror on Eastern wall of NE bedroom. This will give an illusion of increase in NE area;

> Have the pooja room at the NE corner of the bedroom of NE;

> You can also have study room here but best if you avoid it as bedroom. One should never sleep in NE part of the house.

Hope this helps. :)
    CommentQuote