Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
Reply
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • hello Gursud,
    Did you enquire the builders specifically about the duct, if at all your plan also have the same?Is it just a water pipeline or a sewage/septic pipe going through?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear all,
    My apologies for delayed response. Was a bit tight with work, will surely reply to all the answers.

    BTW, sub-directions means when the flat is not facing exact, North, South, East or West. If the main entrance door faces like shown in the pic link below, it means it is in subdirection.

    http://www.fengshuibestbuy.com/SL10578-2compass.JPG
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Experts,

    I am planning to shift in my 1st own flat in the month of October (Dushara), The floor plan along with complete building plan is as follow.

    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=14956

    Please suggest, is it ok as per Vastu?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA. You are definitely of great help.
    The entire society is not aligned to Disha's i.e. Vidisha dosh in almost all flats.

    Just wanted to know few things:
    1. What is the impact of these issues?

    Our blood contains iron (haemoglobin) on which there is direct impact of the earth's gravitational force (it is a magnet, N-S). Whenever your house is aligned in improper direction or sub-direction, you don't remain parallel to NS axis. This leads to poor blood circulation in the body which is not good for health.

    Apart from this, the house consists of various materials, including metals like steel/iron on which there is direct impact of magnetic forces. Because of poor alignment, the magnetic energy is not in linear form but get disturbed due to this electromagnetic field, which leads to irregular energy levels in the house, which had bad effect on human body.

    Remember, in school we had done, positive & negative ions ??

    Please read the following article, which will help you further -

    Negative ions are exceedingly beneficial for a person's metabolism as a means of enhancing human behavior. They act in a complex mechanism to bring about hormone and biochemical reactions in the body and brain. It is impossible to get an overdose of negative ions, which act like pure water in washing away dirty poisons. Generally, the more negative ions you are exposed to, the better and more uplifted you feel. The limiting factor in ionic foot baths is the amperage, you always want over an extended time in a session to stay under 2.5 amps.

    Positive ions, or the lack of negative ions, may cause serotonin hyperfunction syndrome or "irritation syndrome" and it involves sleeplessness, irritability, tension, migraine, nausea, heart palpitations, hot flashes with sweating or chills, tremor and dizziness. The elderly become depressed, apathetic and extremely fatigued.


    http://elvomitar..in/2010/10/understanding-positive-and-negative.html

    To have a balance, the structure needs to be properly aligned, not to forget that in sub-direction building, even you will be sleeping in sub-direction, which is bad.

    2. Would these issues have same impact on the flat holders i.e. GF/FF/SF/TF etc....

    Thanks a ton.
    -Rakesh

    Yes, as the gravitational force will be there on all floors. Irrespective of floor, impact will be felt. The difference is there if the height difference is few thousand feet which is not the case even in case of Burj Khalifa, the tallest building on earth !!

    Please write in if you have further query.
    CommentQuote
  • #Dear RA, Could you please review mine one also, please see attached. Early response is very much appreciated.

    First of all good that you tried to divide the house in 9 parts, but problem is you haven't taken all the corners into consideration. Anyway, that apart, the entire house is in sub-direction, which is best to be avoided. The detailed explanation has been given in my post above in reply to rakesh_sahu query. It is therefore best to avoid such houses.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    I have recently booked 3 BHK flat in Kolkata. Please help me with your expert advice/suggestions whether this flat is meeting basic vastu criteria. Floor plan is attached.
    I will really appreciate if you can guide me in this vastu.
    Regards,

    Kaushik Gupta

    Dear Kaushik,

    Sorry to say, but this flat is very, very bad based on Vastu with no remedial solutions available. The reasons for the same are as follows :-

    > Absolutely irregular shape of the flat which results in bad electromagnetic energy in house, which leads to several health disorders,

    > The brahmasthan/centre of house has lift, entrance & even part of stairs which is very, very bad. This leads to health issues with stomach, kidney & liver. The relations amongst family members also turn sour, especially husband & wife,

    > The master bathroom has 5 corners, which is again bad. The dresser has opposite walls of different length, which is again bad as it leads to cuts,

    To cut long story short, what I see is that the builder to give some fancy elevation has robbed the entire positive energy of the building. Such buildings create problems even for the builders.

    In the floor plan direction is not mentioned, but even in absence of that, from points mentioned above, it is best to cancel the flat, no matter how good the location &/or price maybe.
    CommentQuote
  • This is the plot of land where multi-storey apptts is coming in. Would need your advise on:
    1. is the shape of plot ok?

    No, the shape is bad as it is highly irregular. The sides must be in 90 degree angle i.e. square or rectangle, with ideal ratio for length:breadth being 1:1.618, but max to max 1:2 is OK. But in any case, avoid irregular shaped or circular plots.

    2. will it have impact on the flats in the building? or is a multi-storey building independent of the shape of plot?

    Yes, it will surely have impact on entire building in it. However, the impact will be distributed amongst all the flats, hence the impact on individual will be less but it will be there nonetheless.

    3. If the plot is not ok, any remedy?

    As the project must have been sanctioned, nothing can be done now & whatever needs to be done has to be done at the time of conception of the project by the builder.

    As far as individual buyer is concerned, it is best to see that the underground water sources, like underground water tank, swimming pool etc. is not located towards South, SW or SE of the building & that the flat is in proper main directions (not subdirection) & the floor plan is vastu positive.

    Btw, having such irregular plots are bad for the builders as well. All the projects which got delayed or abandoned happen when either the plot or the layout of the building is very bad.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gartenhaus
    Hi,


    Thanks for give the information about Vaastu Shastra , that help me for bring good luck to our home sweet home.

    Dear gartenhaus,

    It is good to see that you benefited from this wonderful science of Vastushastra. In ancient India, this science used to followed by almost all households, temples etc. because of which India was prosperous. As we got farer from this science & our rich sciences, we went down the drain. The sooner people realise this & take necessary steps, India will be strong again.

    Please do tell about your experience to your near & dear ones, who knows there maybe someone who too will benefit out of it.

    If all houses are wonderful, then India also beautiful. :)

    * Btw, the famous Tirupati Balaji temple is completely built according to Vastushastra, no wonder then it is the richest temple on the planet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lanmai
    Hello RA,

    Many many thanks for all the articles , educating us on the real vastu science.
    I am confused on the different school of thoughts of some vastu pandits.
    I have consulted two different pandits on a flat that i am willing to take. Got two different opinions on the same.

    http://www.bmdevelopers.com/images/BM-MARVEL2.jpg

    I am looking at the flat 02( the east facing one) in block A in the above layout.
    One pandit says the flat is good , but the master layout of the whole apartments have a problem as such the northwest is extended and there is a pool there and adviced as to back off.
    The other one told to go ahead as the flat vastu is good.

    Unable to decide whether to go ahead or not. Can you please help me out regarding the vastu of the flat and the entire plan as well and if yes any modifications required for the flat ?

    Advance thanks for your inputs.
    Mahesh

    Dear Mahesh,

    The NW pool is bad & extended NW means cut in NE which is again bad.
    But as mentioned before, the impact of these things will be distributed amongst all the flat members. Hence, this should not be make or break situation. Ofcourse, I agree that it is best to have layout of entire project according to Vastushastra which benefits all but seeing how builders act in almost 99% of cases, best to stick to the flat of your choice.

    Conclusion 1 :- You can proceed to buy in this project for the reasons mentioned above.

    Coming to the flat of your choice, it is very bad for the simple reason that there is toilet in North. As said before, toilet in north & east are bad (pure bathroom/shower etc. in east is good though). The 02 flat in A block fails completely.

    My bet would be to look at 02 flat in B wing. It is really fantastic, infact it is the best in entire project. 06 is also there but it has all balconies on South, while for 02 it is in North.

    Just look at this man :-

    > Entire North, NE, NW is terrace,
    > No toilet in any corners, North & east are clear,
    > Kitchen in SE, east facing,
    > Both bedrooms are in correct directions (you take the SW one),
    > Both toilets are in west.

    Man, this is one of the best floor plan according to Vastu. Don't waste time & book flat 02 in Block B (1230 sq ft one). And ofcourse, if you like kitchen + dining (like I do), you can put a nice showcase or partition in living to bifurcate dining from living.

    Conclusion :-

    Buy flat 02, East facing (1230 sq ft one) in B Block.

    * PS :- Just ensure that you take a compass alongwith you & see that the direction is same as shown in the floor plan or not. All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vj0real
    Dear RA, Thanks a ton for the answers.
    Pls let me know the meaning of "sub-direction".

    Mentioned few posts back.

    Also if you see the picture, I was planning to buy the flat in the blue building (which is the longest in pic) in the right hand corner. any views on that. thanks in advance.

    Atleast from floor plan, it is aligned properly to main directions. However, besides this, what is more important is the location of the rooms, terraces/balconies, bath/toi, entrance etc. in the flat. I will be able to comment concretely only if you can provide me with the floor plan of the flat of your interest.

    Do upload the floor plan of your flat, I will surely reply.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Man!
    One more, thing since I cannot change the location immd, any interim remedy?

    Originally Posted by realacres
    Our blood contains iron (haemoglobin) on which there is direct impact of the earth's gravitational force (it is a magnet, N-S). Whenever your house is aligned in improper direction or sub-direction, you don't remain parallel to NS axis. This leads to poor blood circulation in the body which is not good for health.

    Apart from this, the house consists of various materials, including metals like steel/iron on which there is direct impact of magnetic forces. Because of poor alignment, the magnetic energy is not in linear form but get disturbed due to this electromagnetic field, which leads to irregular energy levels in the house, which had bad effect on human body.

    Remember, in school we had done, positive & negative ions ??

    Please read the following article, which will help you further -

    Negative ions are exceedingly beneficial for a person's metabolism as a means of enhancing human behavior. They act in a complex mechanism to bring about hormone and biochemical reactions in the body and brain. It is impossible to get an overdose of negative ions, which act like pure water in washing away dirty poisons. Generally, the more negative ions you are exposed to, the better and more uplifted you feel. The limiting factor in ionic foot baths is the amperage, you always want over an extended time in a session to stay under 2.5 amps.

    Positive ions, or the lack of negative ions, may cause serotonin hyperfunction syndrome or "irritation syndrome" and it involves sleeplessness, irritability, tension, migraine, nausea, heart palpitations, hot flashes with sweating or chills, tremor and dizziness. The elderly become depressed, apathetic and extremely fatigued.


    http://elvomitar..in/2010/10/understanding-positive-and-negative.html

    To have a balance, the structure needs to be properly aligned, not to forget that in sub-direction building, even you will be sleeping in sub-direction, which is bad.


    Yes, as the gravitational force will be there on all floors. Irrespective of floor, impact will be felt. The difference is there if the height difference is few thousand feet which is not the case even in case of Burj Khalifa, the tallest building on earth !!

    Please write in if you have further query.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kaliatray
    Dear Experts,

    I am planning to shift in my 1st own flat in the month of October (Dushara), The floor plan along with complete building plan is as follow.

    Please suggest, is it ok as per Vastu?

    You have mentioned NW facing flat, but from the directions mentioned on floor plan by you, it is SW section, South facing.

    Kindly clarify.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Man!
    One more, thing since I cannot change the location immd, any interim remedy?

    Man, the situation is grave so as for any remedy to work. And since you can shift, why not ?? I have travelled a lot, & as stay on rent, have changed 4 houses in less than 5.5 years !! :D

    Shift. You will experience positive* changes.

    * If you shift to Vastu positive house.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks man! Unfortunately, if u see Noida sectors (refer gmaps), it is mostly misaligned to main directions.... :(
    May I should shift to Pune.... :)

    Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, the situation is grave so as for any remedy to work. And since you can shift, why not ?? I have travelled a lot, & as stay on rent, have changed 4 houses in less than 5.5 years !! :D

    Shift. You will experience positive* changes.

    * If you shift to Vastu positive house.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rakesh_sahu
    Thanks man! Unfortunately, if u see Noida sectors (refer gmaps), it is mostly misaligned to main directions.... :(
    May I should shift to Pune.... :)

    LoL. :D Situation in Pune too is bad. My friend is searching for flat in Pune for past 3 yrs without any success !! The townships, fancy Singapore elevation buildings, projects with name Trump, swarovski etc. & townships fail miserably when it comes to Vastu. Don't know why builders don't follow this wonderful science meant for mankind .
    The best options for Vastu flats are in South. Really good projects in Bangalore, Hyderabad & Chennai. Reason being people there are more aware about this than in North.

    Man, sometimes I feel to become a builder myself so that I will be able to build properties which are Vastu compliant. :)
    CommentQuote